Got Vancouver, do not want

drhammerdrhammer Posts: 20
edited February 2008 in The Porch
I wanted the 2 LA shows but ended up only getting Vancouver. After some thought, I am not going to go to Vancouver.. will tenclub cancel my order if I eamil them or is there another way to get rid of the tickets?
2000 - Toronto, Auburn Hills
2003 - Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, State College, Columbus, Detroit x 2, Toronto
2005 - Kitchener, Hamilton, Toronto
2006 - Toronto x 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Honolulu
2008 - New York City x 2, Toronto x 2 (Ed)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    Let me know when you return your ticket so my friends who are going can get it!!!
  • why buy them then? let somebody who would use them buy them. kinda lame move. that all around sucks for people trying to go to vancouver. it took you an hour to decide not to go to canada?
    Walk Tall, Kick Ass, Learn to Speak Arabic, Love Music, and Never Forget You Come From a Long Line of Truth Seekers, Lovers, and Warriors. HST

CHILLIN LIKE BOB DYLAN!!!
  • no wonder the site crashes!! Greedy people like you are clogging up the site. I don't even want to know what you'll be asking for your extra tix if 10C doesn't take them back.

I also have a friend trying desperatly for tix to that show...way to slap her and everyone else trying in the face buddy.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,547
    no wonder the site crashes!! Greedy people like you are clogging up the site. I don't even want to know what you'll be asking for your extra tix if 10C doesn't take them back.

I also have a friend trying desperatly for tix to that show...way to slap her and everyone else trying in the face buddy.

Didn't the original announcement say all sales are final and that there will be no transfers nor refunds?

Looks like the OP is stuck with tickets s/he will never see nor use unless a trip to Vancouver looms...

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • no wonder the site crashes!! Greedy people like you are clogging up the site. I don't even want to know what you'll be asking for your extra tix if 10C doesn't take them back.

very helpful post, thx
    2003 - Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, State College, Columbus, Detroit x 2, Toronto
  • rhinomagic wrote:
    Didn't the original announcement say all sales are final and that there will be no transfers nor refunds?

Looks like the OP is stuck with tickets s/he will never see nor use unless a trip to Vancouver looms...

oh if that's the case I might just go
  • Tickets will be distributed at will call on the evening of the performance. Only the Ten Club member who purchased the tickets will be allowed to collect the tickets. No exceptions.

Tickets are non-refundable. No exchanges or transfers will be allowed. Reselling of Ten Club tickets will result in revocation of all future Ten Club ticket benefits.
    Everyone is born, but not everyone is born the same. Some will grow to be butchers, or bakers, or candlestick makers. Some will only be really good at making Jell-O salad. One way or another, though, every human being is unique, for better or for worse.
  • rhinomagic wrote:

yup it did...but they always say that, but ultimately allow transfers later so who knows.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,547
    Tickets will be distributed at will call on the evening of the performance. Only the Ten Club member who purchased the tickets will be allowed to collect the tickets. No exceptions.

Tickets are non-refundable. No exchanges or transfers will be allowed. Reselling of Ten Club tickets will result in revocation of all future Ten Club ticket benefits.

^That's from the Ten Club email and Rubysdad's post in the sticky thread...

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • why buy them then? let somebody who would use them buy them. kinda lame move. that all around sucks for people trying to go to vancouver. it took you an hour to decide not to go to canada?

i live in canada actually, albeit 3000-ish km away from vancouver.. i'm just investigating my options here.. i didn't even know what day of the week the Vancouver show was but it was the only thing I could get what with the site crashing and all..
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    drhammer wrote:
    i live in canada actually, albeit 3000-ish km away from vancouver.. i'm just investigating my options here.. i didn't even know what day of the week the Vancouver show was but it was the only thing I could get what with the site crashing and all..
    Sorry dude... but, you should NOT have purchased them (as others have stated). The rules are.. you are supposed to pick them up at will call... not the person you sell them to.
    I think the $147.00 penalty for poor decision making is in order.
    Sorry.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • well if we decide to go, we still have an extra pair (my buddy and I each got a pair without knowing for sure if we can even go lol)..

it says you cannot resell them, but even at cost to another 10c member??
  • drhammer wrote:
    well if we decide to go, we still have an extra pair (my buddy and I each got a pair without knowing for sure if we can even go lol)..

here's how I understand it--
    The 10C member who purchased the tickets must be the one to pick them up at will call. Then, if you have extras, you can sell them to someone else, and at fv is certainly appreciated. This is what I have done whenever I have had an extra from my pair.
    A mind full of questions, and a teacher in my soul
    And so it goes...
  • mensanemensane Posts: 912
    drhammer wrote:
    well if we decide to go, we still have an extra pair (my buddy and I each got a pair without knowing for sure if we can even go lol)..

so, not only did you buy one pair that you dont really want...but there are 2?

nice.
  • fanforlife wrote:
    here's how I understand it--
    The 10C member who purchased the tickets must be the one to pick them up at will call. Then, if you have extras, you can sell them to someone else, and at fv is certainly appreciated. This is what I have done whenever I have had an extra from my pair.

That is right from Rubysdads post.

I really wish people would FULLY read stuff before the onsale (not directed at you fanforlife)
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118

I really wish people would FULLY read stuff before the onsale (not directed at you fanforlife)
    As a pair, you are not supposed to re-sell them. Collecting the money from another person who will be taking your other ticket, does not count against you or the 10C membership rules. Again, as long as you are not making a profit from that extra ticket.
  • mensane wrote:
    so, not only did you buy one pair that you dont really want...but there are 2?

nice.

correct.
  • aNiMaL wrote:
    As a pair, you are not supposed to re-sell them. Collecting the money from another person who will be taking your other ticket, does not count against you or the 10C membership rules. Again, as long as you are not making a profit from that extra ticket.

True but he said they aren't going so that would mean they have to get rid of BOTH pairs....4 tickets total.
  • aNiMaL wrote:

yeah in the past i have given my ticket to friends who have come with me to shows and obviously they gave me the face value in return.. i've just never done it with a person I didn't know so who knows if they will try to rat you out or something :)
  • PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,583
    From what we have seen from the Vic show, someone out there on the opposite coast will be willing to pay for you to fly up, get lodging, and see the show for the other ticket. Someone will want to go bad enough to go above and beyond to get you to the show rather than have them go to waste.
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • From what we have seen from the Vic show, someone out there on the opposite coast will be willing to pay for you to fly up, get lodging, and see the show for the other ticket. Someone will want to go bad enough to go above and beyond to get you to the show rather than have them go to waste.

whoa really?? i think i'd feel pretty bad about taking someone up on the offer..

this really isn't about expense on my part though, there are stronger forces working against me here ;)
  • drhammer wrote:
    whoa really?? i think i'd feel pretty bad about taking someone up on the offer..

this really isn't about expense on my part though, there are stronger forces working against me here ;)

can you check your PM's?
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • True but he said they aren't going so that would mean they have to get rid of BOTH pairs....4 tickets total.

well it's not 100% that we are not going, but it is almost certain that our significant others cannot.. so i would single out my spare and my buddy would do the same and for sure we would do it at face value..
  • evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,345
    drhammer wrote:
    I wanted the 2 LA shows but ended up only getting Vancouver. After some thought, I am not going to go to Vancouver.. will tenclub cancel my order if I eamil them or is there another way to get rid of the tickets?

Thanks for gettign miy tickets i live here in seattle and tried for a hour and now u dont want them come on man that is fucked up
  • Thanks for gettign miy tickets i live here in seattle and tried for a hour and now u dont want them come on man that is fucked up

no problem, glad i could help :D
  • drhammer wrote:
    no problem, glad i could help :D

I just saw you tried to message me... I just cleaned my box :D
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
    ... I just cleaned my box :D

Now THAT sounds naughty!
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,419
    why buy them then? let somebody who would use them buy them. kinda lame move. that all around sucks for people trying to go to vancouver. it took you an hour to decide not to go to canada?

What would have been an acceptable amount of time if 1 hour was too short of a time for the fella to make his decision?

Geez!
  • Tickets are non-refundable. No exchanges or transfers will be allowed. Reselling of Ten Club tickets will result in revocation of all future Ten Club ticket benefits.

Right.
    Like 10C has EVER stuck to that policy.

They basicaly lie to you up front to keep hastle down,
    but then cave to fan pressure (that is, if they ever actualy had any intention of not allowing them) and then authorize the transfers.

Hell, if they say no,
    just write them back and say, "Look, i broke my leg, and my mother is in the hospital with terminal cancer, i just found out, and i broke my leg trying to get to the hospital."

That should do the trick.

:rolleyes:

I fully understand peoples dissatisfaction that people who ultimately don't want tickets ended up with them ... but you know full well that 10C will in all likelyhood end up allowing transfers.
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?