Options

Vancouver

CahootsCahoots Posts: 140
edited February 2008 in The Porch
A few tips for those of you comming to Vancouver to see Vedder...

"The Centre" is a very intimate venue, not a bad seat in the house.

There is great pub called "Jimmy's" right beside the venue... Great food & freindly service. Ill be there before the show.

The Westin Hotel is also right beside the venue.

Theres is lots of parking downtown. Make sure you don't leave anything of remote value visible in you car when parking overnight. Windows have been shattered for as little as sunglasses and Canadian quarters.

cheers!
Cahoots

1992 VAN
1993 VAN
1998 Missoula
2000 Barcelona & Boise
2002 SEA 2x
2003 VAN
2005 VAN, Calgary, Edmonton & Saskatoon
2006 The Gorge
2009 SEA & VAN
2011 VAN
2013 Portland & VAN
2015 Mexico City
2018 Missoula
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    And don't affiliate with gangs....and watch out for the Prius taxis, you can't hear them before they run over you!
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    I love Vancouver- although I have taken Amtrak when I have visited recently. Is vandalism really that bad?

( But my H was snookered out of dollars that he gave a conman- I don't think he was homeless- we have quite a few homeless in Seattle- but he had a good line even though I was saying " ohmygod- lets go!". I couldn't believe he gave him money- what a sucker :rolleyes:)
    You must be the change you want to see in the world
    -Gandhi
  • Options
    MudfestMudfest Posts: 1,015
    i will be there....great location!!
    ===
    "OH Canada...You are so Beautiful when you are Drunk." Eddie
    1993-08-14 Gimli Mb Motorsport Park
    03-05-30 Vanc;05-09-08 Wpg
    05-09-07 Sask Sk;05-09-04 Calg
    05-09-05 Edm Alb;05-09-02 Vanc
    06-07-02/ 03 Denver 1 + 2;06-10-21/22 Bridge 1 +2
    4/3 + 4/2/08 Vanc Vedder ; 6/24+25 MSG /Toronto 09/buffalo 10/EV Chic 1-2
  • Options
    Cahoots wrote:
    A few tips for those of you comming to Vancouver to see Vedder...

"The Centre" is a very intimate venue, not a bad seat in the house.

There is great pub called "Jimmy's" right beside the venue... Great food & freindly service. Ill be there before the show.

jimmy's it is then!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    CahootsCahoots Posts: 140
    Is vandalism really that bad?

I used to work right around the corner from the centre and broken glass in the parking lot was common. I always took everything out of my car and put it in the trunk and I never had any problems.

There is definaltly a harsh element to Vancouver at night. I woud say its actually really safe but to someone who was visiting I would imagine it would appear to be very scarey.
    Cahoots

1992 VAN
    1993 VAN
    1998 Missoula
    2000 Barcelona & Boise
    2002 SEA 2x
    2003 VAN
    2005 VAN, Calgary, Edmonton & Saskatoon
    2006 The Gorge
    2009 SEA & VAN
    2011 VAN
    2013 Portland & VAN
    2015 Mexico City
    2018 Missoula
  • Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    Can I come to the meet-up?

You know, I used to live in Vancouver - and even worked for an outreach team on "skid row" - and the thought of being downtown at night is very scary to me...Seattle, no problem.

The homeless people in Vancouver are bored, the city doesn't give them anything to do. Poverty is boring. There are some really aggressive panhandlers there...but then, I also saw one who saw my PJ shirt and he started sing "Evenflow"...and I had no cash to give him!!

Beware of people who want money to "catch the bus to Chilliwack" and the street ventriloquist in front of London Drugs...and the other guy that says "spare any change?" and sounds like kermit.
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    I just moved to vancouver and I love it so far! Cant wait for the show! And the show is just after my 19th bday! So pick a bar and I'll be there! Anyone want to share an extra 10c ticket?
    Vancouver 09/02/05, so far so good
  • Options
    HaijayHaijay Posts: 325
    lots of poverty in downtown eastside van,addicts and property crime, but they don't bother with "normal" people much. never had a problem myself.
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    We love Vancouver. Never had a problem there either. There are lots of beggers, but they are polite. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."