Haiti Brings Out The Worst In America's Worst

g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
edited January 2010 in A Moving Train
Take a look at these videos of Rush Limbaugh and Pat Robertson because I never ever thought they would use the tragedy of the Haiti earthquakes in this way. To think they have a large right wing following, unreal.
In the event you’ve been sitting around wondering what people like Pat Robertson and Rush Limbaugh had to say about the Haiti earthquake, you’re in luck, as they have spoken! Robertson blames the whole thing on a deal Haiti made with the devil, and Limbaugh is accusing Obama of using the earthquake to suck up to black people. Yeehaw!
Here’s a sampling of the “pact with the devil” nonsense from Robertson that aired on the 700 Club or whatever it’s called earlier today, which is kinda funny in a way seeing that 90-95 of the population of Haiti is Catholic or Protestant, but hey, WHATEVER:

Haiti Earthquake Brings Out the Worst in America’s Worst A%$holes

Peace
*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
.....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ...and they wonder why the republicans lost the election...
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    ...and they wonder why the republicans lost the election...
    exactly....for once i am actually speechless....like the link says, these guys are fucking assholes...i am sure there is a special place in hell for these dudes...

i wonder what fat rush would be saying if this earthquake leveled his mansion in florida? or what old pat would be saying if it did anything to have any sort of negative effect on his righteous life...
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    edited January 2010
    Are you fucking kidding me? Watching politics the last decade nothing really seems to surprise me, but using this tragedy to make a partisan points in the immediate aftermath is sickness on a whole other level.
    Post edited by blackredyellow on
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • CommyCommy Posts: 4,984
    seems the idiots have taken over.
  • JoerockJoerock Posts: 129
    *sigh*

Rush is a Dick. end of story.

I'd just like to represent my self as a Christan who isn't an Asshole. I know that most of Christians are like me, but I'm only going to speak for myself. I as a Christian, don't blame people's bad juju on their lack of faith, if thats what you want to call it.

I believe that if Jesus were here in person, he would be down their helping, not up here blaming. I'm not trying to preach I just wanted to express my opinion.

P.s. this isn't in response to anything anyone has said here, I just wanted to say it.

Love is the greatest,
    Joe
    2006 - Washington D.C.
    2010 - Bristow, VA
    2013 - Charlottesville, VA
  • JoerockJoerock Posts: 129
    BTW, I'm not a Republican. ;)
    2006 - Washington D.C.
    2010 - Bristow, VA
    2013 - Charlottesville, VA
  • there's no surprises here. the Republican brain works backwards. it goes from present day facts and events, backwards to someone else's fault. Limbaugh's and Robertsons brains are no different.

they were always going to use this as an excuse for an attack on President Obama. that was a no brainer, so, no surprises there.

they are such selfish jerks with not an ounce of compassion for anyone. they don't care about the thousands that are dead and those those are suffering. all they care about is one thing.

destroying President Obama. at any cost, and they will use whoever and whatever they can to do that. even suffering, helpless, innocent people.

it must suck so bad to be them. i can't imagine hating anyone that much, to stoop to the levels they go to.

time to wake up to yourselves America. Limbaugh and Robertson are not your friends.
    evidently obama failed to accomplish his campaign promise to make port au prince earthquake proof... :roll: :roll:

its definintely sad that people would use this tragedy as an excuse to attack obama and the people who are the victims of this terrible event.... it is one of the most disgusting things i have heard since 9/11 happened because of all of the gay people in the US...
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• OnTheEdgeOnTheEdge Posts: 1,300
    g under p wrote:
    Take a look at these videos of Rush Limbaugh and Pat Robertson because I never ever thought they would use the tragedy of the Haiti earthquakes in this way. To think they have a large right wing following, unreal.
    In the event you’ve been sitting around wondering what people like Pat Robertson and Rush Limbaugh had to say about the Haiti earthquake, you’re in luck, as they have spoken! Robertson blames the whole thing on a deal Haiti made with the devil, and Limbaugh is accusing Obama of using the earthquake to suck up to black people. Yeehaw!
    Here’s a sampling of the “pact with the devil” nonsense from Robertson that aired on the 700 Club or whatever it’s called earlier today, which is kinda funny in a way seeing that 90-95 of the population of Haiti is Catholic or Protestant, but hey, WHATEVER:

Peace

I listened to these two clips and I listen to Rush every day, i've never heard him accuse Obama using the earthquake to suck up to black people. Not saying I like everything he says but please clarify.
    by the way, what the fuck does obama waiting 3 days to talk about the underwear bomber have to do with the tragedy in haiti? rush is connecting lines that are not there and these things have nothing to do with each other. stop defending rush MB..

what if this would have happened to hawaii when rush was there? god i wish his chest pain episode would have changed him in some profound, meaningful way and given him the gift of perspective and empathy, but i knew it wouldn't..

by the way, what the fuck does obama waiting 3 days to talk about the underwear bomber have to do with the tragedy in haiti? rush is connecting lines that are not there and these things have nothing to do with each other. stop defending rush MB..

what if this would have happened to hawaii when rush was there? god i wish his chest pain episode would have changed him in some profound, meaningful way and given him the gift of perspective and empathy, but i knew it wouldn't..

I just do not hear what this thread is accusing him of....somebody please clarify where Rush says Obama is using the earthquake to suck up to black people.
    mb262200 wrote:

I just do not hear what this thread is accusing him of....somebody please clarify where Rush says Obama is using the earthquake to suck up to black people.
    listen to the first clip again
    he said obama hated having to address the underwear bomber yet he jumped at the first chance to help the haitians. rush said obama could not wait to get out in front of the media to help and look good to "black people". if you can not see anything wrong with how bullshit that statement is then i have nothing to say to you...

mb262200 wrote:

listen to the first clip again
    he said obama hated having to address the underwear bomber yet he jumped at the first chance to help the haitians. rush said obama could not wait to get out in front of the media to help and look good to "black people". if you can not see anything wrong with how bullshit that statement is then i have nothing to say to you...

I listened to both clips again twice and NOWHERE does he say that. In the second clip he does say something like that but he is reading what Rob Emanuel said.
  • mb262200 wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace

I listened to these two clips and I listen to Rush every day, i've never heard him accuse Obama using the earthquake to suck up to black people. Not saying I like everything he says but please clarify.
    MB, i just don't know what to say to that. honestly, if you can't see it, then there's nothing i can do/say to even attempt to help you see what your mind will never allow you to see anyway.

i prefer to keep an open mind MB. it's a cruel world otherwise, cause eventually you have to face that things are not always what you want them to be . but each to his own.

the selfish, they're all standing in line
    faithing and hoping to buy themselves time
    me, I figure as each breath goes by
    I only own my mind

i am mine
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    These people DNT believe in god.....there god is the "All mighty $$$$" exspecially Robertson that fucken DEVIL. Look into his eyes, you'll see lucifer.....
    I don't support all of Rush, but I listen to him.....and you guys are clearly making shit up. You are trying to tell me he says something when the video is right there and i've listened to it over and over. Nowhwre does Rush say Obama is using the earthquake to suck up to black people. What I do see time and time again is people taking something Rush says and blowing it completely out of context.
    mb262200 wrote:

I listened to both clips again twice and NOWHERE does he say that. In the second clip he does say something like that but he is reading what Rob Emanuel said.

ok you don't get it....i do not for the life of me understand why not because he DID say what i said he said, and anyone reading this thread that listened to it should be able to back me here..... i don't see how it can be made any more clear....what is so completely obvious to me and others in this thread is lost on you.

i wish i could go through life not HEARING and not being impacted by what people like rush have to say..maybe i just have a little too much empathy for my fellow man...that said, i am going to the red cross tomorrow on the way to work and donating money. at least that would accomplish something positive instead of listening to the two douchebags on the above link and accomplishing nothing...its funny because they can afford to give a significant amount of money but are content to sit on their hands and do absolutely nothing. i am not surprised by that either....

mb262200 wrote:
    I don't support all of Rush, but I listen to him.....and you guys are clearly making shit up. You are trying to tell me he says something when the video is right there and i've listened to it over and over. Nowhwre does Rush say Obama is using the earthquake to suck up to black people. What I do see time and time again is people taking something Rush says and blowing it completely out of context.
    are you accusing me of making it up?

• JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    mb262200 wrote:
    are you accusing me of making it up?

This is like 2 outfielders who are arguing about who should have caught the ball.

Pick up the ball and throw it to third base before you argue.

Translation:

Do something to help the victims instead of getting into a catty debate!
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    Pat Robertson: Haiti?! I Thought They Said "Hades"
    VIRGINIA BEACH (The Borowitz Report) - Just hours after saying that God was punishing Haiti for making a "pact with the Devil," televangelist Pat Robertson retracted the statement, telling TV viewers, "Haiti? I thought they said ‘Hades.'"

Rev. Robertson said that he had heard the report of the earthquake on the radio and had misinterpreted its location: "For the life of me, I thought God was punishing Hades, which does in fact have a pact with the Devil."

Apologizing for his "goof," the televangelist told his TV audience, "Golly - people must've thought I was being an insensitive asshole

Appologizes are coming in fast and furious now.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p wrote:
    Pat Robertson: Haiti?! I Thought They Said "Hades"
    VIRGINIA BEACH (The Borowitz Report) - Just hours after saying that God was punishing Haiti for making a "pact with the Devil," televangelist Pat Robertson retracted the statement, telling TV viewers, "Haiti? I thought they said ‘Hades.'"

Rev. Robertson said that he had heard the report of the earthquake on the radio and had misinterpreted its location: "For the life of me, I thought God was punishing Hades, which does in fact have a pact with the Devil."

Apologizing for his "goof," the televangelist told his TV audience, "Golly - people must've thought I was being an insensitive asshole

Appologizes are coming in fast and furious now.

Peace
    yeah pat, HADES is on the island of hispanola and borders the Dominican Republic.... :roll: :roll:

f@cking liar!

APOLOGY NOT ACCEPTED!!

• kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,322
    :lol: guys, that Huffington Post article is a spoof :lol:

That Pat Robinson statement is stunning, even from him. How exactly does an entire nation make a pact with the devil? And it lasts for generations? Does Kansas have a pact with the devil since they have so many tornados? I just don't understand how this guy makes a living saying this shit.
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    there's no surprises here. the Republican brain works backwards.

So now these guys speak for all republicans huh?

I'll remember that the next time some lefty but job says something kooky that they are speaking for you.
    hippiemom = goodness
    there's no surprises here. the Republican brain works backwards.

So now these guys speak for all republicans huh?

I'll remember that the next time some lefty but job says something kooky that they are speaking for you.
    i would be willing to bet that between these two they speak for a majority of you republicans. between the two they have a lot of influence and reach more people than anyone on liberal talk radio. what is rush on, something like 600 radio stations or something, while people like thomm hartmann and stephanie miller are on less than 100 each...

• LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    Kenny Olav wrote:
    :lol: guys, that Huffington Post article is a spoof :lol:

That Pat Robinson statement is stunning, even from him. How exactly does an entire nation make a pact with the devil? And it lasts for generations? Does Kansas have a pact with the devil since they have so many tornados? I just don't understand how this guy makes a living saying this shit.

But...but...it's a TRUE STORY.

Pathetic.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    What's truly scary is that people not only listen to these assholes, but they believe them.

I find what Robetson said even worse -- we should pray for those in Haiti, but didn't say anything about actually helping them (probably because they have a pact with the devil). WTF.
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    Jeanwah wrote:
    What's truly scary is that people not only listen to these assholes, but they believe them.

I find what Robetson said even worse -- we should pray for those in Haiti, but didn't say anything about actually helping them (probably because they have a pact with the devil). WTF.

You may find this hard to believe, but for people that are truly religious, praying for someone is doing something for them. And more than you could ever do.

That said, it's pretty easy to see that PR is an idiot of the worst kind.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    mb262200 wrote:

Interested in the exact quote?

“This will play right into Obama’s hands — humanitarian, compassionate. They’ll use this to burnish their, shall we say, credibility with the black community — the both the light-skinned and dark-skinned black community in this country. It’s made to order for them," - Limbaugh, on Haiti.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Robertson.. What a fucking dickhead. Its times like these I wish there was a hell, for people like him to burn in.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • CommyCommy Posts: 4,984
    edited January 2010
    "they deserve it" is new.

a way to cop out of sending aid.

usually they send aid and tell everyone about so they can say, "see, we help other people". when we usually bomb them and kill their wives and murder their sons and burn down their villages.

The US does help, sure, but its a pr move if anything, doesn't mean we're right in invading countries.
    Post edited by Commy on
This discussion has been closed.