Jello Biafra - The Audacity Of Hype

Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
edited January 2010 in A Moving Train
has anyone listened to this yet? got it today but have been listening to the new brian jonestown massacre ep (One) instead....

Jello Biafra And The Guantanamo School Of Medicine - The Audacity Of Hype

never heard of the people in the band other than Bob Mould from Faith No More (and Jello Biafra) but i dug his albums with the melvins and krist novasellic/kim thayil....and of course the Dead Kennedys

http://www.discogs.com/Jello-Biafra-And ... se/1975975
don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    Bob Mould was in Husker Du, not Faith no More.
    NERDS!
  • Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    Bob Mould was in Husker Du, not Faith no More.

haha total slip up, my bad, i meant Billy Gould :mrgreen:
    don't compete; coexist

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

• CommyCommy Posts: 4,984
    thanks for the heads up. i love jello's lyrics.

i'll have to check it out
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    I've not listened to Biafra's stuff in years. I used to like his spoken word albums but I suspect that now I'd find them a bit irritating. I'll check this out though.
  • Byrnzie wrote:
    I've not listened to Biafra's stuff in years. I used to like his spoken word albums but I suspect that now I'd find them a bit irritating. I'll check this out though.
    We went to a spoken word (Sydney Enmore ...early/mid 90's) all I remember thinking was why did my (now husband)boyfriend put me through such torture..and the feeling of my numb bum after sitting for hours :roll: :lol:
    Sydney ♥ March 10, 1995
    Sydney ♥ March 11, 1995
    Melbourne ♥ November 20, 2009
    To be continued... March 25, 2011 EV Solo Yeeeeeeeew!
    Byrnzie wrote:

this isn't a spoken word album
    don't compete; coexist

Byrnzie wrote:

i am listening to his album with the Melvins and Adam Jones in '04 and would say his new one is just as, if not more, rockin than this and on level with the no wto combo

http://www.discogs.com/NO-WTO-Combo-Liv ... se/1527462
    don't compete; coexist

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    My drummer friend Andy brought Jello by the store for us to meet today. What a kick! Jello is hilarious, really smart and full of great music stories. Good times!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    We need less Nugents and more Biafras. He's Green Party like I am which is a plus.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592

We need less Nugents and more Biafras. He's Green Party like I am which is a plus.

Definitely! I mentioned to Jello that I remember well his bid to become mayor of San Francisco and he said, quite matter of fact like, "I would have made a better mayor than the ones we've had since then. Look what we've had, all these corporate..." I lost the last few words as Jello became super animated but the gist of the point was clear as a bell!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.