How Are You Getting to QSAC Tomorrow

DmcneiceDmcneice Posts: 20
edited November 2009 in Given To Fly (live)
Hi guys, im having a little trouble finding a way to get to QSAC. I live a fair bit away from the venue and we are looking to drive down, however on the QSAC website it says there is no parking anywhere, and it doesnt say where you could park to catch the bus over.

What i want to know is how are most of you planning on getting there tomorrow,
any help would be greatly appreciated.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• If you are driving... you should park at Garden City shopping centre, or the one opposite it, and walk up... (could be a bit of a mission so check distance before hand) or you can catcdh BCC bus from Garden City i think.
  • And check this out for other public transport options:
    http://www.translink.com.au/event.php?id=108
    If I knew then, would I know now?

* Perth Entertainment Centre - Mar 06, 1995
    * Melbourne Park - Mar 02, 1998
    * Brisbane QSAC- Nov 25, 2009
    * EV Solo- QPAC- March 10, 12 and 13 2011

• pearljammonkeypearljammonkey Brisbane Posts: 205
    im planning on driving, and i have booked a locals front yard directly across the road. hope it all works out. QSAC usually has parking but theyve converted the parking lot into a mini bus station!
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    i'll be parking at sunnybank plaza, or one of the street surrounding it.

unless someone wants to give me a lift home, then i ain't driving.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • Yeah my plan was to park at Garden City Shopping Centre and catch the bus over or whatever. All i know is all the information i could find with regards to public transport is either leaving the concert or getting to the concert by around 5.30. Being in the 10 club i want to get there as early as i can, probably around 2pm and it doesnt have any info about earlier bus's/trains.
  • mum :lol:
    Bitch Be Cool 8)
    BRISBANE 1998,2003,2006,2009!!!
    Christchurch 2009
    Oh I'm a lucky man to count those I love on two hands

come say hi on facebook http://www.facebook.com/sean.montgomery
  • No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    Dmcneice wrote:
    Yeah my plan was to park at Garden City Shopping Centre and catch the bus over or whatever. All i know is all the information i could find with regards to public transport is either leaving the concert or getting to the concert by around 5.30. Being in the 10 club i want to get there as early as i can, probably around 2pm and it doesnt have any info about earlier bus's/trains.
    I'm walking from Garden City- it's only a 20 min walk and JB hifi is on the way for a breather
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • SH17171SH17171 Posts: 425
    Parking at Garden city or surrounding area walking to the Q
    Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out
  • Gerrycan70Gerrycan70 Posts: 57
    edited November 2009
    SH17171 wrote:
    Parking at Garden city or surrounding area walking to the Q

garden city is good (about 2.6km walk)...just be careful of the parking boundaries if you park in street as the Brisbane City Council will book you if you're inside the ZONED no parking area. Sunnybank Plaza is alot shorter 1.4km

Here the official PDF link similar to what the other states had

http://www.qsac.org.au/files/pdf/QSAC_A ... arlJam.pdf

Looking at the map they're going to put us all on the 2nd field..which is what they normally do....QSAC is such a shit venue!
    Post edited by Gerrycan70 on
    Adelaide 17th November 2009
    Melbourne 20th November 2009
    Sydney 22nd November 2009
    Brisvegas 25th November 2009
    www.flickr.com/photos/gerry_70/sets/72157622619096056/
  • heidihiheidihi Posts: 114
    I am on the northside and going to bus it from Chermside. I think...???? that I have to change buses to get there??? It is a little confusing! Entertainment Centre is only a 15 minute drive for me. :p
    “The human race has only one really effective weapon and that is laughter.” Mark Twain
  • Parking at garden city also. apparently there are shuttle buses from garden city to QSAC. If these leave too late I walk walk. I hope there is enough parking at GC as it sounds as if a lot of people have the same idea.
  • heidihi wrote:
    I am on the northside and going to bus it from Chermside. I think...???? that I have to change buses to get there??? It is a little confusing! Entertainment Centre is only a 15 minute drive for me. :p

Well you could always go see Britney instead of PJ :P
  • Yeah the 'holding area' is a fucking joke. If you haven't been 'held' in this area before prepare to be treated like cattle, and to have about an hour of your time wasted.
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    Mr Rick wrote:
    Yeah the 'holding area' is a fucking joke. If you haven't been 'held' in this area before prepare to be treated like cattle, and to have about an hour of your time wasted.

yeah i saw it, and figured i'd just wait til gates have opened and rock in. i'm not itching to get on the barrier, just as long as i'm in there before liam gets on stage, and i can see i'll be happy.

but i'd also like to have a chat and catch up with people, who i assume will be lining up so they will be in the holding area so i may not be able to.

does the holding area have lines or are you pretty free to move around in there? but i guess people might get pissed if i'm pushing my way through to talk to friends.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • Mr Rick wrote:
    Yeah the 'holding area' is a fucking joke. If you haven't been 'held' in this area before prepare to be treated like cattle, and to have about an hour of your time wasted.

yeah i saw it, and figured i'd just wait til gates have opened and rock in. i'm not itching to get on the barrier, just as long as i'm in there before liam gets on stage, and i can see i'll be happy.

but i'd also like to have a chat and catch up with people, who i assume will be lining up so they will be in the holding area so i may not be able to.

does the holding area have lines or are you pretty free to move around in there? but i guess people might get pissed if i'm pushing my way through to talk to friends.

They have it in zig zag lines (simialar)..it's so feral & they also make you move up during the day, well this is what happened for U2.