Options

Eddie vedder interrupts middle east diplomacy talks...

Restless SoulRestless Soul Posts: 809
edited December 2007 in The Porch
or at least his song does!

http://www.csmonitor.com/2007/1228/p20s03-ussc.html
CELL-PHONE DIPLOMACY ON MIDEAST

A ringing cellphone distracted Palestinian negotiator Ahmed Abed Rabbo while he was making a speech on the status of East Jerusalem at an international peace conference held in Morocco Dec. 16. After the phone was turned off, Mr. Abed Rabbo found that he could not remember what he was talking about. "The ring tone was one of those songs from the Eddie Vedder soundtrack to "Into the Wild," said Abed Rabbo. "I really loved that movie."

Embarrassingly, Israeli negotiator Ehud Reve then found himself unable to recall his nation's position on the Palestinian right of return. Mr. Reve apologized for forgetting to set his phone to vibrate, and said that Mr. Vedder was one of his favorite artists. After several hours of intense talks, the two sides issued a joint resolution honoring the former Pearl Jam frontman.

"This shows why the two sides need to get past their differences of political position and focus on their common human qualities," said US President-elect Claudia Zirconium in a statement issued Dec. 19.

• Peter Grier writes for the Monitor from Washington.

---

Don't know if this is one of those Onion type things but I thought it was funny (except the bit about it saying "former" pearl jam frontman?!)

He sure is popular in the middle east!
"We have to change the concept of patriotism to one of “matriotism” — love of humanity that transcends war. A matriarch would never send her own children off to wars that kill other people’s children." Cindy Sheehan
---
London, Brixton, 14 July 1993
London, Wembley, 1996
London, Wembley, 18 June 2007
London, O2, 18 August 2009
London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 31 July 2012
Milton Keynes Bowl, 11 July 2014
London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 06 June 2017
London, O2, 18 June 2018
London, O2, 17 July 2018
Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 09 June 2019
Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 10 June 2019

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    the two sides issued a joint resolution honoring the former Pearl Jam frontman.

former?

idiots
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • Options
    CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    Classic!

I hope this "former" thing doesn't set off panic...it was just a mistake.
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Options
    It didn't actually happen. The article begins:

TWO THOUSAND AND EIGHT will certainly produce many unusual, even weird, news events – but we're not going to wait around for them to actually occur. Here's a look back at the year that's about to begin:

(Although, it would be cool if it did.)
    Pitt 98, Pitt 00, Cleveland 03, Pitt 03, State College 03, Toledo 04, Toronto 05, Pitt 05, Cleveland 06, Pitt 06 & Chicago 07, Chicago 1&2 09, Philly 2,3,4 09, Cleveland 10, Columbus 10, Alpine Valley 1& 2 11
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    mbangel10 wrote:

TWO THOUSAND AND EIGHT will certainly produce many unusual, even weird, news events – but we're not going to wait around for them to actually occur. Here's a look back at the year that's about to begin:

well darn!...~
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    mbangel10 wrote:

Yes I thought it was something like that lol. Funny though.

Are you the mod of vedder_daily? I love that community!
    "We have to change the concept of patriotism to one of “matriotism” — love of humanity that transcends war. A matriarch would never send her own children off to wars that kill other people’s children." Cindy Sheehan
    ---
    London, Brixton, 14 July 1993
    London, Wembley, 1996
    London, Wembley, 18 June 2007
    London, O2, 18 August 2009
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 31 July 2012
    Milton Keynes Bowl, 11 July 2014
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 06 June 2017
    London, O2, 18 June 2018
    London, O2, 17 July 2018
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 09 June 2019
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 10 June 2019

• Options
    Yes I thought it was something like that lol. Funny though.

Are you the mod of vedder_daily? I love that community!

Yep, that would be me! I love that community too, we have some fun over there. Thanks! :)
    Pitt 98, Pitt 00, Cleveland 03, Pitt 03, State College 03, Toledo 04, Toronto 05, Pitt 05, Cleveland 06, Pitt 06 & Chicago 07, Chicago 1&2 09, Philly 2,3,4 09, Cleveland 10, Columbus 10, Alpine Valley 1& 2 11