Contest #3 Posters

bmarsh10bmarsh10 Posts: 168
edited November 2007 in The Porch
I just finished mine, I think it looks great! I'm not an artist but I can draw a little. I will post a picture of it after the deadline. I am thinking about making another one. I had fun making this one. Took me about 2 weeks.

What are the opening bands you guys would choose?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449
    bmarsh10 wrote:
    I just finished mine, I think it looks great! I'm not an artist but I can draw a little. I will post a picture of it after the deadline. I am thinking about making another one. I had fun making this one. Took me about 2 weeks.

What are the opening bands you guys would choose?

i'm not entering the contest, but if i did and had to select 2 opening bands,...definitely QOTSA and the Arctic Monkeys :)
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,860
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=263751

no one else has posted here I thought we were a creative bunch cmon folks!
    hrd2imgn wrote:
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=263751

no one else has posted here I thought we were a creative bunch cmon folks!

nice looking poster you created,...lol i totally remember you, in that neon green tee-shirt, at the Vic,...i have to say you came off as something of a trashy drunkard that night (at least to the girls around me who were scared off), but clearly you're multi-faceted hehe
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    100 Pacer wrote:
    nice looking poster you created,...lol i totally remember you, in that neon green tee-shirt, at the Vic,...i have to say you came off as something of a trashy drunkard that night (at least to the girls around me who were scared off), but clearly you're multi-faceted hehe
    I hope one day someone will say some kind words about ME ;)
  • bmarsh10bmarsh10 Posts: 168
    I think they should have different categories of poster winners. Best painted poster, Best Drawing, Best computer generated. Anyone think this is a good idea>?
    bump. it
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    bmarsh10 wrote:
    I think they should have different categories of poster winners. Best painted poster, Best Drawing, Best computer generated. Anyone think this is a good idea>?
    I DEFINATELY agree!! Personally, I think making it on the computer takes very little skill and creativity. Am I the only one actually DRAWING my poster instead of "cheating" (:D) using computer programs? BTW, not quite done yet - got most of the sketch done, but still need color, then scan, the print onto medium stock paper...
    I DEFINATELY agree!! Personally, I think making it on the computer takes very little skill and creativity. Am I the only one actually DRAWING my poster instead of "cheating" (:D) using computer programs? BTW, not quite done yet - got most of the sketch done, but still need color, then scan, the print onto medium stock paper...

lol YOU of all people need to be careful when using the word "cheating":

http://www.redorbit.com/news/technology/766940/os_worker_is_caught_stealing_man_admits_taking_stored_memorabilia/index.html

• I DEFINATELY agree!! Personally, I think making it on the computer takes very little skill and creativity. Am I the only one actually DRAWING my poster instead of "cheating" (:D) using computer programs? BTW, not quite done yet - got most of the sketch done, but still need color, then scan, the print onto medium stock paper...
    i disagree that making it on the computer is cheating... if you know how to do all that then all power to ya... i think it takes away from any personality but thats up the individual... i on the other hand am computer retarded so im doing a layered block print... ill post a pic when i finish finals and have time to start
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    sgossard3 wrote:
    i disagree that making it on the computer is cheating... if you know how to do all that then all power to ya... i think it takes away from any personality but thats up the individual... i on the other hand am computer retarded so im doing a layered block print... ill post a pic when i finish finals and have time to start
    well maybe cheating was a harsh word - dont get me wrong, it takes skill, but I think true artistic form shows on something that you create from scratch using you own hands. But I am definately looking forward to seeing the diversity of everyone's designs.
    I agree, a sketch or drawing is harder and more creative than cutting and pasting something using a computer. Thats why I think there should be at least 2 winners if not three.