Options

IT ALL STARTED HERE FOLKS!!!

pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
edited October 2009 in The Porch
Who would have thought that 19 years later after THIS show that we would be sitting here actually discussing this band! Truly one of the best things to come into my life!

10/22/90 – Off Ramp Cafe: Seattle, WA (Mookie Blaylock) [45m]
attendance: 299
supporting: Inspector Luv and the Ride Me Babies (who later became Green Apple Quickstep), Bathtub Gin
soundcheck: Even Flow
set: Release, Alone, Alive, Once, Even Flow, Black, Breath
enc: Girl
notes: In the first week after their initial meeting, the members of the band that will become Pearl Jam play this show as “Mookie Blaylock.” Jeff steps off the small stage to wander in the crowd a bit while playing during the soundcheck. ‘Even Flow’ is a very unusual, slow version. In fact, most of these songs sound very different and are slower versions, with ‘Release,’ ‘Once’ and ‘Black’ sporting different/early lyrics. ‘Girl’ hasn’t appeared on a setlist since this show.
Never, ever, flipping forget
"Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I want 'Girl' as the last encore again... Screw 'Ledbetter'...
    Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the Universe...
  • Options
    deskilladeskilla Posts: 279
    happy anniversary PEARL JAM!!!!!!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,838
    deskilla wrote:
    happy anniversary PEARL JAM!!!!!!
  • Options
    I was 19 & in college (tech school).

Happy Anniversary Pearl Jam.

Now what to get them? I think 19 years in bronze. Maybe a bronzed Mookie Blaylock basketball card.
    Next year will be easier, china.
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    HAPPY ANNIVERSARY PEARL JAM !!!!!!!!!! Thank you for a fantastic ride over the last nineteen years !!!!!!!!! :clap::clap::clap:
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,935
    This is such an emotional day for ne! I've been celebrating this day since 1993.

Thanks PJ for being the excuse to party with so many great people!
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    bmwweirdoguybmwweirdoguy Right of Seattle Posts: 228
    Happity Anniversary!
    "Trial and error isn't a bad way to learn how to build an aircraft, but it can be a disastrous way to learn how to build a civilization..."
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    Who would have thought that 19 years later after THIS show that we would be sitting here actually discussing this band! Truly one of the best things to come into my life!

10/22/90 – Off Ramp Cafe: Seattle, WA (Mookie Blaylock) [45m]
    attendance: 299
    supporting: Inspector Luv and the Ride Me Babies (who later became Green Apple Quickstep), Bathtub Gin
    soundcheck: Even Flow
    set: Release, Alone, Alive, Once, Even Flow, Black, Breath
    enc: Girl
    notes: In the first week after their initial meeting, the members of the band that will become Pearl Jam play this show as “Mookie Blaylock.” Jeff steps off the small stage to wander in the crowd a bit while playing during the soundcheck. ‘Even Flow’ is a very unusual, slow version. In fact, most of these songs sound very different and are slower versions, with ‘Release,’ ‘Once’ and ‘Black’ sporting different/early lyrics. ‘Girl’ hasn’t appeared on a setlist since this show.

amazing indeed!
    ahhhhh, i wonder how many amongst those 299 in attendance are still fans? what an amazing part of pearl jam history to be a part of! hope they definitely celebrate their 20th anniversary show next year and that i get to be there! they should probably open said show with the setlist of the original, and close with the same song. niiicccccccceeeee... 8-)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    Happy Anniversary indeed, but this wasn't the only time they played 'Just a girl' live. They played it on 1/11/91 as well.
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,935
    Christians have their BC (before christ) and AC (after Christ) I have my BPJ and APJ! The church of PJ, the only one with the true mystical experience!
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    arq wrote:
    Christians have their BC (before christ) and AC (after Christ) I have my BPJ and APJ! The church of PJ, the only one with the true mystical experience!

This is exactly how I feel! Hahahahaha
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    Wow, 19 years later and look at us now.

Happy anniversary, Pearl Jam!! I bet 19 years ago on that small stage at the Off Ramp, you also had no idea that 19 years later we would all still be here. Here is my pledge, as long as you are still here, I am still here. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Wow 19 years ago! Congrats Pearl Jam!
    I wonder where there 20 year anniversary show will be! Should be someplace in Seattle so I can go hahahah.
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    arq wrote:
    well said
    Bitch Be Cool 8)
    BRISBANE 1998,2003,2006,2009!!!
    Christchurch 2009
    Oh I'm a lucky man to count those I love on two hands

come say hi on facebook http://www.facebook.com/sean.montgomery
  • Options
    RiotAct10RiotAct10 Ohio Posts: 1,612
    Two more years 'til you can drink! Or just have another Canadian tour, and you're good to go!

Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!!
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • Options
    bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,066
    Happy Liversary!!
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Wow, 19 years later and look at us now.

Happy anniversary, Pearl Jam!! I bet 19 years ago on that small stage at the Off Ramp, you also had no idea that 19 years later we would all still be here. Here is my pledge, as long as you are still here, I am still here. :mrgreen:

I didnt get to see the show, but did visit the Off Ramp in about 93 or 94 just for fun...It was an amazing thing to picture them there and know that it all started there. I am a big pussy, but this band still gives me chills after all this time! :-)
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12