Options

Just told I won a takeover trip to Philly

JH9598JH9598 Posts: 28
edited October 2009 in The Porch
Has anyone else won and know where about the seats are going to be? I already have tickets and am not sure what to do. The promotions manager hasn't gotten back to me on specifics and I have less than an hour to let her know who I'm taking with me, which I'm having trouble with too. Wasn't that for the 31st? I really should have found out some things when I had her on the phone.

Thanks!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I should have said I already have 10C tickets. Do you think the station tickets will be better than 10C? 138xxx #?
  • Options
    release00release00 Posts: 342
    I doubt they will be better than your 10c seats. But let us know!!
    "So much it dont show"
  • Options
    And yes it's for the 31st.
    "So much it dont show"
  • Options
    I may just let it pass. I already have a flight that I doubt I can get a refund for. It's crazy they only give you a couple to hours to give them a guests name & info. My time is quickly running out.
  • Options
    Tell them my name. Jason Richard. I entered!!!
    "So much it dont show"
  • Options
    Your airline should at least give you a credit for the amount of your flight...I would think. That's how southwest is anyway. If I won I was planning on seeing if I could just use the return flight because I'm going out on the 30th for the show (hopefully). I don't know how cool they'd be with all that though
    "So much it dont show"
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    dude
    take the tickets,
    see which are better, and then donate the others at the preparty

or tell the station you are already set and is there a cash equivalent available?
  • Options
    A friend came through at the last minute and I put her down. Promotion person didn't know much but we fly out on the 31st and I was really wanting to try for tickets for the 30th. I know how hard it is hearing ppl talk about how great the show you missed (and wanted to see) was. One show is never enough anyway. Wonder if they'll let my friend fly out the 31st and me the 30th? I may be asking too much and looking a gift horse in the mouth. :?
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    dude
    take the tickets,
    see which are better, and then donate the others at the preparty

or tell the station you are already set and is there a cash equivalent available?

That sounds like a plan!
  • Options
    JH9598 wrote:
    I was really wanting to try for tickets for the 30th. I know how hard it is
    or take the promo tickets for the 31st and trade your 10cs for the 30th

plenty of options when you have extras to a show that is in demand
  • Options
    [/quote]
    or take the promo tickets for the 31st and trade your 10cs for the 30th

plenty of options when you have extras to a show that is in demand[/quote]

That sounds good too, thanks!
  • Options
    that will be $25

hahahahaha :lol:

where are you traveling form?
  • Options
    From NC. How about if your plan works out I'll buy you a beer? ;)
  • Options
    JH9598 wrote:
    I was only kidding but who am I to decline a brewsky :D:lol:

safe travels and I hope you get to both shows

unfortunately, I will only be hitting the Wed and Friday night shows
    damn rugrats want to dress up like fools and hit up the neighbors for free candy on sat :lol::lol::lol: imagine that?

the more I think about it, trade whichever of your seats for sat are worse, keep the better ones for your self.

but if you dont make it for Friday, then Id donate the extras. Solid plan my man.
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    JH9598 wrote:
    I was only kidding but who am I to decline a brewsky :D:lol:

Too bad about Halloween, but you have to do what you have to do! Have a great time at your shows too! Hopefully I'll see you on Friday! :D
  • Options
    luv-ed91luv-ed91 Posts: 215
    JH9598 wrote:

Finally, found someone else from NC - I was beginning to wonder that I was the only one. What city do you live in????
    -- If I had known then, what I know now . . .

8/31/98 - Raleigh
    8/4/00 - Charlotte
    4/16/03 - Charlotte
    10/6/04 - Asheville
    6/16/08 - Columbia
    6/20/09 - EV Memphis
  • Options
    A very non-happening place, Burlington. You?
  • Options
    JH9598 wrote:
    Cool!!! That's only about 45 minutes from me!! I go to Burlington about every 6 weeks or so, up near Elon. I'm in the more very non-happening place of Asheboro, or as I like to call it - Trashboro. Up until a few months ago, we were a dry city (no alcohol) if that tells you how happening this town is. :roll: This is great - maybe we'll have to meet up sometime - I thought I was the only PJ fan in NC. :D I need to be around more people who share my love of PJ - no one else understands my passion for them.

8/31/98 - Raleigh
    8/4/00 - Charlotte
    4/16/03 - Charlotte
    10/6/04 - Asheville
    6/16/08 - Columbia
    6/20/09 - EV Memphis
  • Options
    JH9598 wrote:
    Damn . . . I wish I would've met you a few days ago - I would've gladly went to Philly with you. :mrgreen: How did you win those tickets, anyways??

8/31/98 - Raleigh
    8/4/00 - Charlotte
    4/16/03 - Charlotte
    10/6/04 - Asheville
    6/16/08 - Columbia
    6/20/09 - EV Memphis
  • Options
    Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is so awesome!!
    Ok so which show or shows did you win tickets to?? If its for the 30th and u end up with an extra set I need a ticket to that show and I'll gladly take one of yours.
    Hey I had to try!
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    Definately wait until you see both sets of tickets before you get decide which set to get rid of. Take it from someone who won and gave them away thinking the 10c tickets would be just as good if not better. I ended up with 12th row, and the person I gave the tickets to ended up in the 2nd row. Luckily I was able to sneak up.
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • Options
    There use to be a few avid fans around NC, but I'm not sure now. I know in 2001 I saw a guy from Greensboro at the Bridge & Groundwork west coast shows I went to. I definitely would have offered the ticket to you because I was just about to run out of time when my friend came through. I visit the zoo in Asheboro every now and then and the Uwharrie Mtns. are very pretty as well, so Asheboro has some things to offer. :) I didn't realize you were still dry until recently! That is backward! ;)

I don't know how I won. I've been entering everything. I know one contest (maybe this one?) had the link misspelled and I fixed it right away to get to the link, if speed has anything to do with winning. But I doubt it. The tickets are for the 31st show. I can't believe it's getting so close!! :D
  • Options
    Congrats