Options

Happy Xmas(War Is Over) by John Lennon

faithful227faithful227 Posts: 352
edited December 2007 in The Porch
Am I alone in thinking that this would be an amazing song for Pearl Jam to cover? I love this song, I listen to it every Christmas. Such strong lyrics. Many bands have covered it, and I think that with it's meaning it would be a perfect fit. Eddie's voice would compliment it perfectly, IMO.

Thoughts?
VHC member #155***

Ft Lauderdale '96:::West Palm Beach '98:::Tampa '00:::Tampa '03:::Camden 1&2 '06::: DC '06:::West Palm Beach '08:::Tampa '08:::Columbia '08:::Virginia Beach '08

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    i'm kinda surprised they haven't......love to hear it from the boys..:)
  • Options
    JP2026766JP2026766 Posts: 1,125
    I was just listening to this today thinking that they need to cover this! It would make so much sense! I was playing it on guitar too, just learned the chords. One of my favorite christmas songs....we need to get a petition to have this on the next xmas single!

Mansfield II '08

EV Solo Shows:

NYC I
    NJPAC

I. LOVE. YIELD.
  • Options
    SBC03SBC03 Posts: 502
    I was just listening to this today thinking that they need to cover this! It would make so much sense! I was playing it on guitar too, just learned the chords. One of my favorite christmas songs....we need to get a petition to have this on the next xmas single!

good song to learn for a beginner
    See this needle...a see my hand...
    Drop drop dropping it down...oh so gently...
    Well here it comes...I touch the plane...
    Turn me up...won't turn you away...
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    Yeah would be great for a Chrissy single requested by the fans..:)
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    good call... it would make a great xmas single
  • Options
    Am I alone in thinking that this would be an amazing song for Pearl Jam to cover? I love this song, I listen to it every Christmas. Such strong lyrics. Many bands have covered it, and I think that with it's meaning it would be a perfect fit. Eddie's voice would compliment it perfectly, IMO.

Thoughts?

Would definatly sound a lot better thant Melissa Ethredge. (heard it at the store last week, her voice makes me cringe)
    A real possibility I may meet you in my dreams ~ I go to sleep