Options

Australia/New Zealand tour

Comments

• Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    why do people think there could be more shows announce?????

The fact that they say on the ticketek site there is only one show at each stadium, I dont think there will be.
    Thats the reason they are doing footy grounds more ppl can attend less shows.....
    the only gap there is is between adel and melb and syd and bris for extra shows unless they do something after brisbane...
  • Options
    SpencerSpencer Posts: 867
    C'mon 10c - when's the bloody ticket sale?...
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,700
    Spencer wrote:
    C'mon 10c - when's the bloody ticket sale?...

Exactly.
  • Options
    CarlislebjCarlislebj Posts: 151
    VISA presale is 11th. wouldbt suprised if 10c is MOnday 10th. and i HOPE TO GOD, they stagger them and not all at once. Poor old PJ.comwouldnt cope.

9am Brisbane
    0930 syd
    1000 melb
    etc
    :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

The earlier the better for Brisbane.
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,088
    Carlislebj wrote:
    VISA presale is 11th. wouldbt suprised if 10c is MOnday 10th. and i HOPE TO GOD, they stagger them and not all at once. Poor old PJ.comwouldnt cope.

9am Brisbane
    0930 syd
    1000 melb
    etc

I don't think there'll be a problem with the website. These shows won't have the same demand as US shows, there isn't as many 10C members down here (or likely to travel that far).
  • Options
    Carlislebj wrote:

9am Brisbane
    0930 syd
    1000 melb
    etc

I doubt there's any need for staggering them, these aren't US shows.
  • Options
    It should be ok. I had absolutely no problem getting my 10 club tickets for the 2006 Sydney show. Remember being surprised at how easy it was.
  • Options
    givn2fly26givn2fly26 Posts: 395
    aus_suz wrote:
    givn2fly26 wrote:
    I hope I didn't act too soon but just booked all of my flights! Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane!!!

Can't wait!!!

good on ya.....I was thinking about doing it too.... but Ididnt..still deciding
    Gotta love frequent flyer points! The whole thing cost me $0!!!
  • Options
    DmcneiceDmcneice Posts: 20
    by saying 10c might get let in early, what time are we talking, like 8am early or like 1 hour before show early. Cus getting their at 8am sucks
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    There will be no issues with 10c tickets for aussie or NZ shows. The only shows that need to be staggered and are horrible. I have tried for tickets for shows in Australia and the US and there is no comparison.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    LucanLucan Posts: 104
    Docklands will be a dud venue for the Melbourne show.
    14k x 3 nights at the Tennis Centre won't equate to 42k at Docklands. Surely the band/promoters know a heap of punters do mulitple nights?

Half Full may take on a new meaning.

* fingers crossed I'm being a negative nancy , we get 56k in attendance, and PJ blow the roof of the place.
  • Options
    Dmcneice wrote:
    by saying 10c might get let in early, what time are we talking, like 8am early or like 1 hour before show early. Cus getting their at 8am sucks
    Heh, the second option you've mentioned is likely correct.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,825
    Congrats friends down under! :)
  • Options
    Lucan wrote:
    Docklands will be a dud venue for the Melbourne show.
    14k x 3 nights at the Tennis Centre won't equate to 42k at Docklands. Surely the band/promoters know a heap of punters do mulitple nights?

Half Full may take on a new meaning.

* fingers crossed I'm being a negative nancy , we get 56k in attendance, and PJ blow the roof of the place.

I'd say there would be about 30, 000 to the melbourne and Sydney shows with smaller crowds in the other cities. I agree that Eithad Stadium isn't the best place to held a concert but surely seeing there is only 1 shows there would be almost 30, 000 full.

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    Zoso wrote:
    I'd say there would be about 30, 000 to the melbourne and Sydney shows with smaller crowds in the other cities. I agree that Eithad Stadium isn't the best place to held a concert but surely seeing there is only 1 shows there would be almost 30, 000 full.

I saw Kiss at Docklands with a crowd about that size. Great show, but felt empty in a 50k+ venue.

Will try and squeeze in the Adelaide or Sydney show as well (or both).
  • Options
    DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    Hmmmm well we finally get our dates hey.

Please dont let it be GA.......otherwise Ill be spending a night in jail for assault..

Good to see that Kiwis get some action after their poor display on the weekend 8-)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    givn2fly26givn2fly26 Posts: 395
    An online petition for a 10C members only show has been created and we need your signature. Here's the link: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/pear ... _australia

Cheers,

givn2fly26
  • Options
    http://preferredseating.com.au/vip/tour ... 3_Concerts

On Sale TOMORROW 4th AUGUST 9AM!! Gold GA & Gold Reserved Seating

Should we hold out for 10C or dive in early with this??????? :?
  • Options
    zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    100% 10c

you wont get much except a dent in your c/c off that other lot
    impatience is a gift ........
  • Options
    10c tiks for sure...it was so east last tour and we will ALL get tickets thru 10c...there will be no shortage
  • Options
    EastiesEasties Posts: 479
    Lucan wrote:
    http://preferredseating.com.au/vip/tour/49/1767/pearl-jam/?utm_source=ad_hoc&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20090803_Concerts

On Sale TOMORROW 4th AUGUST 9AM!! Gold GA & Gold Reserved Seating

Should we hold out for 10C or dive in early with this??????? :?

Yep. Hold out for 10C. People like this have allocated seats through deals with the Venue/Promoter/Ticketer and while they may be OK they won't be great. I'd be surprised if you got seat information through these people. Just a guaranteed ticket.
  • Options
    givn2fly26 wrote:
    An online petition for a 10C members only show has been created and we need your signature. Here's the link: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/pear ... _australia

Cheers,

givn2fly26

Done.
  • Options
    Etihad/Telsta stadium is an terrible venue, saw Springsteen there a few years ago and luckily managed to get seats on the floor where the echo was not too bad but the punters in the seating around the stadium complained that there was this delay which made everything sound out of sync.

This means if it does turn out to be GA, those people (including a lot of 10C members) who don't want to be in GA are going to have a very disappointing night.

After seeing every Melbourne show for the last 14 years, I am disappointed PJ have decided to go with a sub-par venue which is beneficial only to the band, you can fly in, do one show and leave with a bunch of a cash.
    There is nothing about these venues that is going to give the fans the best show possible.

Never would have thought I would see Oz fans treated like this :evil:
  • Options
    the fact is this year PJ are playing only a handful of shows in the USA, Europe, NZ and Australia. The Aussie venues continues the trends of this years tour. 2010 will be a full blown tour.

• Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    treated like what? treated to shows? :|

the spectrum has shit sound and is basically falling apart and people are thrilled to be a part of those shows... the UC is a fuckin echoey tin can and i cant wait for my show there

cool it with the sense of entitlement... on a tour when 75% of their native land is being skipped you guys are getting something... if thats not enough for you then dont go

id guess their decision is more about allowing as many aussie fans as possible to see them on a very tight schedule than it is about $$$
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options

the spectrum has shit sound and is basically falling apart and people are thrilled to be a part of those shows... the UC is a fuckin echoey tin can and i cant wait for my show there

cool it with the sense of entitlement... on a tour when 75% of their native land is being skipped you guys are getting something... if thats not enough for you then dont go

id guess their decision is more about allowing as many aussie fans as possible to see them on a very tight schedule than it is about $$$

I guess the difference is though the venue they are playing in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Adelaide are either cricket, rugby or aussie rules STADIUMS which hold over 30, 000 each (Eithad Stadium holds over 50, 000) therefore it won't be as good sound as per normal... but what can you do it's a PJ show either way.

• Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    Zoso wrote:

I guess the difference is though the venue they are playing in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Adelaide are either cricket, rugby or aussie rules STADIUMS which hold over 30, 000 each (Eithad Stadium holds over 50, 000) therefore it won't be as good sound as per normal... but what can you do it's a PJ show either way.
    well all england had was the O2 show(s) right? so they were in the same boat... until they announced that special small venue show... i guess my point is that aussies shouldnt be so quick to lose hope... they might add additional shows on either side of the shows announced since there seems to be plenty of time... maybe at the same shitty venues or maybe something more exclusive and intimate :?:
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    Zoso wrote:

Melbourne suffers because we don't have an adequate venue. The step up from the 14k capacity Tennis Centre is the 56k capacity Docklands.

Sucks, but isn't PJ or the promoter's fault.
  • Options
    Yeah will be interesting to see if they add another (say) Melb and Sydney concert. If so I doubt they play the same venue due to the large size.....but that being said it would suck to pack up and entire stage and move to a different venue for one night

Think when booking my flights I might stay an extra day at these two places just in case
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    Lucan wrote:
    Zoso wrote:

Melbourne suffers because we don't have an adequate venue. The step up from the 14k capacity Tennis Centre is the 56k capacity Docklands.

Sucks, but isn't PJ or the promoter's fault.

The Music bowl wouldve been better....at least the sound would....u have seated then GA above....
    it would hold more than 14k??...
This discussion has been closed.