Australia/New Zealand tour

Comments

• LongRoadLongRoad Posts: 421
    IAmMyself wrote:
    I was really excited about my first trip to oz, now I must admit I'm reconsidering. PJ is splitting the ticket with Ben, so what does that mean-a shorter PJ show? Not to mention only one show each place in a stadium, that's a whole lot of traveling. If someone feels differently, I would love the positive news!

Dont scare me by saying that :o
    5 mins of Ben Harper is too much for me, let alone him co-headlining. I dont think that will be the case, but this is the first time i believe PJ have had 2 support bands here so i dont know how that will work time-wise.. i hope they dont do a shorter set.

As for one show per city and going to them all, no big deal. Besides Perth all the cities are quite close to each other when flying. This ain't the US where road trips are the norm 8-)
  • I am one happy AUSSIE today.......................................

Can any one inform me on how much earlier the 10C tickets go on sale to the general public tickets.

I am trying to work out that I am home for these dates.

Any info will do.

Also is anyone getting onto the website yet I am still having problems
    I know I was born
    I know that I'll die
    The in between is mine
  • This is great... Pearl Jam have finally introduced a gold and silver seating class-system to their concerts... where those people with more money to spare get better seats...
  • Greg354xxxGreg354xxx Toowoomba, QLD, Australia Posts: 76
    These are BIG venues, in Melbourne and Brisbane, especially, as these are the venues AC/DC are doing on their tour here in 2010. Was kinda expecting Sidney Myer Music Bowl to be Mebourne venue, however. Bring on November!
    Brisbane: 14/03/98, 08/02/03, 10/11/06, 25/11/09
    Gold Coast: 19/01/14
    Ed solo: 12/03/11, 25/02/14
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    This is great... Pearl Jam have finally introduced a gold and silver seating class-system to their concerts... where those people with more money to spare get better seats...
    hmm didnt notice that... wonder if thats just for the TM sale or if its a new 10C thing... couldnt see it being the latter because that wouldnt bode well with seniority but who knows :|

as far as the people saying/complaining theres only 1 show per city... there seems to be plenty of time surrounding each show for them to add more later on if they choose to... i think theres a good chance they will...
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
    This is great... Pearl Jam have finally introduced a gold and silver seating class-system to their concerts... where those people with more money to spare get better seats...

When you're playing venues of 30,000+ it is the norm. Why should people up the back of the grandstands pay the same as those in front?
    If you're in 10c you've got nothing to worry about anyway.
  • Please Guys I need your help on this one..........................................

Can any one tell me how much earlier the 10C tickets go on sale to the general public tickets.

Any info will do
    I know I was born
    I know that I'll die
    The in between is mine
    There is no info on 10c tickets yet.. it says coming soon.
  • twojawastwojawas Posts: 318
    Karts wrote:
    So I'm trying to see how long it will take to travel between Brisbane and Sydney. Place it into Google Maps and it seems to be quite the trip:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source= ... e=UTF8&z=3

Anyone want to kayak with me across the Pacific?

Hour and half flight for about $150 return. Dirt cheap.
  • GotMyLeashGotMyLeash Posts: 129
    Please Guys I need your help on this one..........................................

Can any one tell me how much earlier the 10C tickets go on sale to the general public tickets.

Any info will do

Yeah me too!! sitting at work looking at my roster!! lucky I'm the boss so I can roster an RDO when the tickets go on sale....so stocked..can't wait.
    Ben, the two of us need look no more

Nothing changes...torture then reward
    torture then reward...torture then reward,
    follows torture...follows reward....

as far as the people saying/complaining theres only 1 show per city... there seems to be plenty of time surrounding each show for them to add more later on if they choose to... i think theres a good chance they will...

My source that said it was going to be a stadium tour also said that there would only be one show per city.
  • Dr ChronoDr Chrono Posts: 129
    Sweet!!! Now the wait for the 10c ticket information! :D
  • I know its not posted yet but I just wanted an idea on previous 10C sales.

As I said ANY info will do.

Thanks
    Very Anxious and excited AUSSIE
    I know I was born
    I know that I'll die
    The in between is mine
  • pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    McJuicy wrote:
    any guesses on the price of the soon to be announced travel package?

Better not be too expensive. I'm gonna need one for Adelaide and one for Sydney. Three great big shows for me. Will be surprised if they have more than one show in each city. These are huge stadiums and I don't think they could filled them more than once. Looks like us 10 clubbers will be getting choice seats. Have never been to Etihad stadium where there's been seats in the GA area, it would take forever to fill that area with seats.
    Joni-Lee wrote:
    So the leaked link we all received yesterday was true. One gig only per state in crappy large stadium.

And I told everyone almost two weeks ago as well. Still waiting for my thank you ... :)
    I know its not posted yet but I just wanted an idea on previous 10C sales.

Thanks

relax...your a 10C member you'll be ok for seats, previous tours have been fine for 10C members. So get the tickets for the shows you want to go to and collect on the day...easy!! Great seats too. My 10C number is 218xxx so I can't wait!!!

• EastiesEasties Posts: 479
    twojawas wrote:
    Joni-Lee wrote:
    So the leaked link we all received yesterday was true. One gig only per state in crappy large stadium.

And I told everyone almost two weeks ago as well. Still waiting for my thank you ... :)

Thank you!!! Very good mail. I shared that info with a few friends so I'm glad it came off. It made me look pretty smart!
    can't work...so happy :P

• GotMyLeash wrote:
    I know its not posted yet but I just wanted an idea on previous 10C sales.

Thanks

relax...your a 10C member you'll be ok for seats, previous tours have been fine for 10C members. So get the tickets for the shows you want to go to and collect on the day...easy!! Great seats too. My 10C number is 218xxx so I can't wait!!!

This is my problem if you are willing to listen

I go on a cruise out to the middle of nowhere on the 14th to the 17th of August home at 8.00 am with my girlfriends.
    NOW if the 10C tix go one sale that weekend while I am cruising I am not sure I can leave it up to my husband to get them. God bless him he will try hard BUT.............Thats why I was wanting to know how much earlier than the general public they will be on sale.
    I know I was born
    I know that I'll die
    The in between is mine
  • force-10force-10 Posts: 794
    Please Guys I need your help on this one..........................................

Any info will do

About a a week before general public sales. I have bad memory, but I think that´s how it went for the seattle and la shows. Don´t know if that´s how they always sell tickets though.

If you want to buy extra tickets for your buddies who aren´t TC members, make sure to buy those early when the sales begin at ticketmaster / ticketek or whatever. Even if you´re not sure they´re going. If they don´t you could sell them to anyone else who is in need (at face value of course!). TC only allows you to buy 2 tickets for each show, so keep that in mind.

Good luck and enjoy the shows!
    IN THE DARK, ALL CATS ARE BLACK.
  • I'm so happy for the Austarlians and New Zealanders on the board!! Enjoy people!! :mrgreen:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    Asia?
    I'm so happy for the Austarlians and New Zealanders on the board!! Enjoy people!! :mrgreen:

What a day down here in Melbourne, woke up thinking shit have to go to work, then get to work and read the paper (Sunday Hearld Sun..which by the way has a great article in its Sunday Magazine) and there's info on the upcoming tour!!

This link below is from a story in Brisbane's Courier Mail newspaper.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/stor ... 21,00.html

• KAHKAH Posts: 10
    This is awesome news!!!

Now I have to figure out how many shows to go to... need to win the lottery! Perth or NZ??? Airfares similar price from Melbourne.

Hope the Ten Club pre-sale starts soon. Ticketek are having a presale for Visa card holders on Aug 11 http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/sh ... VISAENTE05

I'm guess Ten Club tix will be general admission?
    http://www.chuggentertainment.com/tour/225
    twojawas wrote:
    Joni-Lee wrote:

THANKS..hehehe

• givn2fly26givn2fly26 Posts: 395
    Rubysdad wrote:
    PJ announces Australia/New Zealand tour. Fan Club Pre-sale, travel package details coming soon.

Ben Harper and Relentless7 and Liam Finn
    to Open All Dates

Tickets for all shows on sale, Monday 17 August

Pearl Jam announced today that they will play a series of outdoor shows in November in Australia and New Zealand, in support of their new album, Backspacer.

Pearl Jam will be returning to Australia for the first time in 3 years, bringing with them their old touring mates, Ben Harper and Relentless7 and Liam Finn, to play for one night only in Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland and Christchurch. Tickets for all shows go on sale on Monday 17 August.

Scheduled for release in Australia and New Zealand on Friday, 18 September, the band‘s ninth studio album, Backspacer, will be available in both countries before the rest of the world. The first single, The Fixer, went to Australian radio on 21 July and was the No. 1 most added song to radio that week.

It‘s been 3 years since Pearl Jam last toured Australia and New Zealand and their Australian fans clearly haven‘t forgotten them with two songs appearing in Triple J‘s recent Hottest 100 of All Time list (Alive at No. 24 and Better Man at No. 39).

Appearing with Pearl Jam, and no stranger to Australian shores, is Ben Harper and Relentless 7, who were last here in April of this year to headline the 20th Anniversary East Coast Blues and Roots Festival and perform a one-off, sold out headline show in Sydney.

Opening all shows will be New Zealand‘s own Liam Finn. Having played his own sold-out shows on every continent, opened for the The Black Keys and Eddie Vedder, and performed at the All Tomorrow‘s Parties‘ ATP Vs The Fans Part II: The Fans Strike Back Festival in UK earlier this year, Liam will join the tour in support of the worldwide release his new EP, Champagne In Seashells, featuring Long Way to Go, on 4 September, 2009.

The shows announced will be ‗one-show-only‘ concerts and promise to be THE must-see rock events of the summer season!

Tickets for all Australian and New Zealand shows will go on sale at 9am on Monday, 17 August 2009, and details of ticket outlets for each show are below.

***Ten Club members-only ticket pre-sale details to follow. Check http://www.pearljam.com for details.

***Special Ten Club sponsored Travel Packages to be available. Details forthcoming.

AUSTRALIAN AND NEW ZEALAND TOUR DATES:

Saturday, 14 November, 2009
    Members Equity Stadium, Perth, Australia
    Ticket prices: $123.90 – Gold and $99.90 – Silver
    Tickets available from Ticketmaster - http://www.ticketmaster.com.au or 136 100

Tuesday, 17 November, 2009
    Adelaide Oval, Adelaide, Australia
    Tickets available from Ticketek - http://www.ticketek.com.au or 132 849

Friday, 20 November, 2009
    Etihad Stadium, Melbourne, Australia
    Tickets available from Ticketmaster - http://www.ticketmaster.com.au or 136 100

Sunday, 22 November, 2009
    Sydney Football Stadium, Sydney, Australia
    Tickets available from Ticketek - http://www.Ticketek.com.au or 132 849

Wednesday, 25 November, 2009
    QSAC Stadium, Brisbane, Australia
    Tickets available from Ticketek - http://www.ticketek.com.au or 132 849

Friday, 27 November, 2009
    Mt Smart, Auckland, New Zealand
    Ticket prices: $119.50 – Gold and $99.50 – Silver
    Tickets available from Ticketek: http://www.ticketek.co.nz or 0800 842538

Sunday, 29 November, 2009
    AMI Stadium, Christchurch, New Zealand
    Ticket prices: $119.50 – Gold and $99.50 – Silver
    Tickets available from Ticketek: http://www.ticketek.co.nz or 0800 842538

I am officially pumped! Can't wait to see the 10C packages!!!
  • This is awesome! What an exciting day for a NZ Pearl Jam Fan! My friends and family have been calling and TXTing all morning making sure I had heard. They all understand the significance of this announcement to me. I'm going to both Auckland and Christchurch shows. Stoked!
    New Zealand,95 Auckland 1 & 2, 98 Auckland & Wellington,
    Canada, Vancouver 2000
    Auckland & Christchurch 2009
    Melbourne 1&2 EV Solo 2011
  • aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    So its official....

Congrats to all the NZ'lers u all must be so stoked ......

Just have to decide what shows now.....
    And how to get 12 days off work if I go to the 5 shows.....
    Quitting is an option I guess.....not too good b4 chrissy tho....
  • I cant do anything I have lost all focus on the day I am soooooooooooooooo excited.

Thanks to all you NON AUSSIES for your excitment...... you guys know how we feel.
    Now I have to get some money together to get as many Tickets and airfares as I can.
    BRING ON NOVEMBER
    I know I was born
    I know that I'll die
    The in between is mine
    KAH wrote:
    This is awesome news!!!

Now I have to figure out how many shows to go to... need to win the lottery! Perth or NZ??? Airfares similar price from Melbourne.

Hope the Ten Club pre-sale starts soon. Ticketek are having a presale for Visa card holders on Aug 11 http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/sh ... VISAENTE05

I'm guess Ten Club tix will be general admission?
    http://www.chuggentertainment.com/tour/225

Clicking "more info" on the Chugg site under each venue and you get:

Ticket Types: General Admission & Reserved Seating

woot

And he says there will be 4 hours of live music, hence PJ wont play a shorter set to accomodate 2 support acts.

Oh, and if you buy through Visa presale expect to pay $160+ per ticket
This discussion has been closed.