X-Files

2»

Comments

• This was my favorite show for years but it really ran out of steam towards the end. I stopped watching it at all the last season. I just couldn't get into it at all without Mulder. Without the team of the two agents the show just didn't seem to work. It lost a lot of the humor and imagination too.
  • anothercloneanotherclone Posts: 1,688
    I actually went to an xfiles convention once. They had a producer of the show there talking about stuff behind the scenes. Lots of geeks. It was awesome.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    I liked the 2nd movie.

I do think it could have been better, but for the most part I think it was great!
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    i own the whole series on dvd. when it was first on i was addicted to it...I think it's one of the best shows ever.
    Season 3, 4, 5, are some of the best TV i've ever seen. i love the continuing story line with the black oil and the bounty hunters. amazing stuff,

lots of people in this facebook group im in....lots of discussion too.
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group ... 2204733485
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,354
    edited January 2009
    I actually went to an xfiles convention once. They had a producer of the show there talking about stuff behind the scenes. Lots of geeks. It was awesome.

I went to one too. Burbank, CA. I had a friend who knew Doug Hutchison who was in the episodes Squeeze and Tooms. Anyway, we hung out in his hotel room and played poker after the con.

Anyway, Doug was filming Con Air and was going to take us down to the set, but that never materialized.
    Post edited by Travelar on
  • i got the first two seasons on dvd for 20 bucks each at walmart. i hope they sell them all for that price!

I bought seasons 2 and 5 at HMV when they were on sale for $20 bucks, but now they're back up to $50/season.

Great show, especially the first 6 seasons. After that it got kind of contrived and less original.
    EvenFLOW PsYcHo #29

~ is your Pearl Jam cup half empty, or 1/2 Full?
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632

I alway wanted to go to one..I think they came to the jacob javitz in NYC. I probably shouldn't admit this bought i even bought the magazine..does anyone remember those? :oops:
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • spatspat Posts: 644
    i own the whole series on dvd. when it was first on i was addicted to it...I think it's one of the best shows ever.
    Season 3, 4, 5, are some of the best TV i've ever seen. i love the continuing story line with the black oil and the bounty hunters. amazing stuff,

lots of people in this facebook group im in....lots of discussion too.
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group ... 2204733485

awesome, just joined!
    My favorite Pearl Jam song: "Corporate Greed Boat Asshole Behind a Counter in the Oval Office"
    I didn't know about that group, I just joined too :)
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • anothercloneanotherclone Posts: 1,688
    Travelar wrote:

I went to one too. Burbank, CA. I had a friend who knew Doug Hutchison who was in the episodes Squeeze and Tooms. Anyway, we hung out in his hotel room and played poker after the con.

Anyway, Doug was filming Con Air and was going to take us down to the set, but that never materialized.

ok, that Tooms guy was one freaky dude. Almost as freaky as those in-breds that kept their mother under the bed.
    the guy that played tooms was in the Green Mile movie.
  • i know i mentioned it on the old forums, but does anyone read the current x-files comics by wildstorm? frank spotnitz writes the comics so they are solid little monster of the week(month) type stories.
    i know i mentioned it on the old forums, but does anyone read the current x-files comics by wildstorm? frank spotnitz writes the comics so they are solid little monster of the week(month) type stories.

I wasn't even aware of them. Those sound cool...oh god..im such a :geek:
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141

I miss igotid88
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    igotid88 said:

Here's hoping they step up the script dialogue for this batch. It's hard seeing this show come back when it was so good early on and then faded out. I do like this promo though.
    It's a hopeless situation...