Want to merge accounts, mmmkay, thx...

RM23855RM23855 Posts: 3
Seems like a reasonable request. This is my account for buying stuff, which is different that my BBS account over at the old board, which is a different username (which can be logged into here, but not able to post with ??????) I can't change this accounts name to Vedderman23 because it says it is already registed. Yeah, no shit...It's registered to ME. Do the webmasters or mods have nay plans on people being able to merge account (with post totals and such) or does everyone pretty much have to suck it up and "read-only" with their old accounts, or create a new username totally to post with thier current 2 initials 5 numbers account?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I emailed them last weekend regarding this and have not heard anything back.... I think we're stuck sucking it up.
  • I'm having the same issues. I've been going nutty trying to change my username... I don't think it ever gave me the option. I refuse to be a #!

Also, I'm guessing because I use a different email address for the old board than I do for 10C, that's why the two won't link up. But when I try to change my email to match the one I've used for the message pit, it says I can't because that email address is already registered... so what can I do?
  • I'd like to further this sentiment. Just got here and find this out. I mean it's not a big deal, but I'd like to be able to do it.

:geek:
  • EB158220 wrote:
    I emailed them last weekend regarding this and have not heard anything back.... I think we're stuck sucking it up.

I emailed also. Nada.
  • Testing if I can really post under two different names....
    I carried a watermelon
  • Testing if I can really post under two different names....

Guess not, though I can log in using two different names and both have the accurate 10C records attached. Interesting. Kinda glad I was using two different emails. I liked being able to start with a new username here.

Edit: Both names HAD the correct 10C records attached. It appears now that 'Urban Hiker' is not a 10C member. That was caught quickly and without any effort on my part. 8-)
    I carried a watermelon
  • Mine changes every day. I have two email addresses, so one day I am a member, one day Im not, then both addresses are members, then none. This is the first time I have been able to reply.
    I have emailed too, and get no replies, but things in my account are changing. They must be inundated, so are not writing back to emails. Just keep trying people!
  • RM23855 wrote:
    Seems like a reasonable request. This is my account for buying stuff, which is different that my BBS account over at the old board, which is a different username (which can be logged into here, but not able to post with ??????) I can't change this accounts name to Vedderman23 because it says it is already registed. Yeah, no shit...It's registered to ME. Do the webmasters or mods have nay plans on people being able to merge account (with post totals and such) or does everyone pretty much have to suck it up and "read-only" with their old accounts, or create a new username totally to post with thier current 2 initials 5 numbers account?

yeah, this sucks balls... :roll:

I suppose those folks bitching about the change to this board may be right...
  • i'm in the same boat as you guys... this is why i now have 3 dots after my usrename from the old board and a post count of 3. :ugeek:
    *holds up 3 thumbs*

inbreds rule ok!!
  • Include me in the group
    hopefully they can sort this shit out soon
  • dunkman... wrote:
    i'm in the same boat as you guys... this is why i now have 3 dots after my usrename from the old board and a post count of 3. :ugeek:

At least you got your name changed.

-EB158220
  • EB158220 wrote:
    dunkman... wrote:
    i'm in the same boat as you guys... this is why i now have 3 dots after my usrename from the old board and a post count of 3. :ugeek:

-EB158220

nope.. i did that myself somehow.. cant remember how but i'm sure it gave me that option when i first signed in.
    *holds up 3 thumbs*

inbreds rule ok!!
  • dunkman... wrote:
    EB158220 wrote:
    dunkman... wrote:

-EB158220

nope.. i did that myself somehow.. cant remember how but i'm sure it gave me that option when i first signed in.

Yea.. I remember seeing the option one day, and when I went to do it the next day, it was gone. *sigh*
  • Count me in as well. I emailed them just a few minutes ago maybe ill hear back tomorrow or something. Sucks my post counts down to 3 now (that includes this post) oh well
  • KC197575 wrote:
    Count me in as well. I emailed them just a few minutes ago maybe ill hear back tomorrow or something. Sucks my post counts down to 3 now (that includes this post) oh well

i emailed about 2 weeks ago and i've heard nothing. :?

i expect they'll be busy, but i hope its something they can fix?
    *holds up 3 thumbs*

inbreds rule ok!!
  • I'm so confused.

I used to be dharma69 on the old board. A paid 10C dharma69.

There seems to be an account for me as dharma69 on this new board.

But dharma69 cannot post on this new board.

Instead, this TG240849 profile can.

What? The? Fuck?

I'm so confused. :?
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    Testing if I can really post under two different names....
    That's exactly what is going on with me.. on the old pit I'm pearljamjewel with close to 9000 posts right now, and on the new pit I'm obviously HeartShapedBox with around 40ish posts.

It is weird how I ended up with two names though :? I hope we hear something soon, but I'm sure they are quite busy with alot of people changing over to this site :roll:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Please merge my accounts.

- Stephen Flow is BB user name from old board, I cannot post with it.
    - This is my 10c account...

I would like all of my 10c info to show up in my Stephen Flow account and not this one.

Thanks.
  • TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,354
    Don't give up faith... My account was fixed a couple of days ago, although I couldn't post until today. :) Thanks 10C!

Formerly EB158220.
  • Travelar wrote:
    Don't give up faith... My account was fixed a couple of days ago, although I couldn't post until today. :) Thanks 10C!

Formerly EB158220.

tell me more, did they email you or something...
  • TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,354
    JJ46837 wrote:
    Travelar wrote:

Formerly EB158220.

tell me more, did they email you or something...

I emailed them with both of my accounts and asked them to merge them. It took a couple of weeks, but they got back to me and it was done. Then I had problems posting, but it looks like they sorted it out today.

And yes, they replied to my email once they had merged the accounts.
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,285
    And I'm back to normal again!!!!!!!

THANKS 10C :D !!!!

That must've been the fastest IT response/resolution in history...I just emailed them yesterday!
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • TerryibleTerryible Posts: 462
    dharma69 wrote:

That must've been the fastest IT response/resolution in history...I just emailed them yesterday!

WooHoo so am I, Its good to be Terryible again
    26/02/1998 Wellington, 09/09/2006 Marseille, 16/09/2006 Verona
    23/09/2006 Berlin, 30/09/2006 Athens, 18/07/2007 London
    02/07/2009 Honolulu (EV Solo), 22/11/2009, Sydney, 29/11/2009 Christchurch
  • dharma69 wrote:

really?!?!

i emailed <!-- e --><a href="mailto:webmaster@tenclub.net">webmaster@tenclub.net</a><!-- e --> on 6th January.
    *holds up 3 thumbs*

inbreds rule ok!!
  • dunkman... wrote:
    dharma69 wrote:

really?!?!

i emailed <!-- e --><a href="mailto:webmaster@tenclub.net">webmaster@tenclub.net</a><!-- e --> on 6th January.

I e-mailed on 17 Dec and 9 Jan :cry:
  • TerryibleTerryible Posts: 462
    dunkman... wrote:
    dharma69 wrote:

really?!?!

I emailed <!-- e --><a href="mailto:info@tenclub.net">info@tenclub.net</a><!-- e -->
    they were very good, got back to me with a day or two
    26/02/1998 Wellington, 09/09/2006 Marseille, 16/09/2006 Verona
    23/09/2006 Berlin, 30/09/2006 Athens, 18/07/2007 London
    02/07/2009 Honolulu (EV Solo), 22/11/2009, Sydney, 29/11/2009 Christchurch
  • Terryible wrote:
    dunkman... wrote:
    dharma69 wrote:

really?!?!

I emailed <!-- e --><a href="mailto:info@tenclub.net">info@tenclub.net</a><!-- e -->
    they were very good, got back to me with a day or two

yeah i did that on the 13th.. thanks though. :)

I'm sure it'll get fixed at some point.
    *holds up 3 thumbs*

inbreds rule ok!!
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,285
    dunkman... wrote:
    dharma69 wrote:

really?!?!

I also cc'd my email to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:info@tenclub.net">info@tenclub.net</a><!-- e -->; they were the ones who responded the next day that I was all good. The folks manning that email addy must have their coffee every morning.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • inmytreeinmytree Posts: 4,741
    dharma69 wrote:
    dunkman... wrote:
    dharma69 wrote:

really?!?!

I also cc'd my email to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:info@tenclub.net">info@tenclub.net</a><!-- e -->; they were the ones who responded the next day that I was all good. The folks manning that email addy must have their coffee every morning.

yup, <!-- e --><a href="mailto:info@tenclub.net">info@tenclub.net</a><!-- e --> took care of me within a few hours...

yippy skippy...!!
  • Yup, me too. I emailed them about it today. Hoping to hear back soon.