Options

"you look too young to have a child."

124»

Comments

• Options
    I know its hard.

:rolleyes:

It's "it's", not "its". :):D If you're going to make a rude comment that insults someone's intelligence, it's best to check for errors like that. :)
  • Options
    :rolleyes:

It's "it's", not "its". :):D If you're going to make a rude comment that insults someone's intelligence, it's best to check for errors like that. :)
    Oh you are so right. I'm sure YOU never ever typo. I bow to your supreme intellect and am humbled by your lowering of yourself to correct me.
    "When you're climbing to the top, you'd better know the way back down" MSB
  • Options
    Oh you are so right. I'm sure YOU never ever typo. I bow to your supreme intellect and am humbled by your lowering of yourself to correct me.

You're welcome.
  • Options
    Oh we don't. TRust me. When I first became pregnant, we lived in Chicago and I had planned to continue working so we looked into it, and daycare was going to cost us around 1000 a month for a newborn. :eek: :eek: :eek:

We could have gotten our daughter her own studio apartment in our neighborhood for less. :D
    oops..what do we have here? A capital R where it shouldn't be? Oh and also a run on sentence. Gasp!
  • Options
    oops..what do we have here? A capital R where it shouldn't be? Oh and also a run on sentence. Gasp!

lol! I love that you went and hunted that down. :D
  • Options
    lol! I love that you went and hunted that down. :D
    Ohhh, I'm sorry to disappoint you. I was just reading through the thread and stumbled upon it.
  • Options
    Ohhh, I'm sorry to disappoint you. I was just reading through the thread and stumbled upon it.

Who said anything about being disappointed? I said I loved it! :D
  • Options
    Who said anything about being disappointed? I said I loved it! :D
    I suppose it was the lack of a copious amount of emoticons that led me to that conclusion.
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    if she was 18 and single I doubt she would be feeling "shitty and insecure" because most likely she would have a chip on her shoulder and exhibit an attitude of arrogance and entitlement to prove herself right in getting pregnant at 18 and unmarried

and when exactly did you become judgement king/queen? or is it that you're just the court jester hell bent on entertaining us with your stupid myopic attitudes. 18 year olds are arrogant and have an attitude of entitlement because they need to prove they're right in getting pregnant and being unmarried whilst fornicating?
    even when i was younger than 18 and pregnant i didnt have a chip on my shoulder. nor did i have an arrogant attitude and feel the need to prove myself right. but what i did feel the need for was to have the courage of my convictions and think what was the right thing to do for all concerned.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    and when exactly did you become judgement king/queen? or is it that you're just the court jester hell bent on entertaining us with your stupid myopic attitudes. 18 year olds are arrogant and have an attitude of entitlement because they need to prove they're right in getting pregnant and being unmarried whilst fornicating?
    even when i was younger than 18 and pregnant i didnt have a chip on my shoulder. nor did i have an arrogant attitude and feel the need to prove myself right. but what i did feel the need for was to have the courage of my convictions and think what was the right thing to do for all concerned.
    Oh? So unless you think it is "noble" and "courageous" to be pregnant, unmarried and 18 you are judgemental?

See, the chip.
  • Options
    Oh? So unless you think it is "noble" and "courageous" to be pregnant, unmarried and 18 you are judgemental?

See, the chip.

where did i say it was noble? it is what it is. 18 and pregnant. but yeah, you were being judgemental.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    where did i say it was noble? it is what it is. 18 and pregnant. but yeah, you were being judgemental.
    In your perspective. In my perspective your lack of responsiblity was neither corageous or something to revere. It is a shame.
  • Options
    In your perspective. In my perspective your lack of responsiblity was neither corageous or something to revere. It is a shame.

just like your perspective in thinking tis a shame. :) you know shit happens and people deal with it the best way they know how.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    just like your perspective in thinking tis a shame. :) you know shit happens and people deal with it the best way they know how.
    Oh? So you are calling the pregnancy and subsequent child "shit"? Sorry, but my experience as a mother has been no such thing. Pregnancy and child rearing is one of the best things life has to offer in my perspective. It hasn't been something I have had to "deal with" it is something that is cherished. But then, I have a "traditional family situation". Something you feel is judgemental to say is better. So you go right ahead and think like you want. When your child is messed up, he/she will come crying to someone like me for help. And rest assured, we will be capable of handling it properly.
  • Options
    prismprism Posts: 2,440
    Oh? So you are calling the pregnancy and subsequent child "shit"? Sorry, but my experience as a mother has been no such thing. Pregnancy and child rearing is one of the best things life has to offer in my perspective. It hasn't been something I have had to "deal with" it is something that is cherished. But then, I have a "traditional family situation". Something you feel is judgemental to say is better. So you go right ahead and think like you want. When your child is messed up, he/she will come crying to someone like me for help. And rest assured, we will be capable of handling it properly.

why do you insist that any child not raised by your so-called perfect "traditional family" standards will be messed up?
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    prism wrote:
    why do you insist that any child not raised by your so-called perfect "traditional family" standards will be messed up?
    Look around. What do you see?
  • Options
    prismprism Posts: 2,440
    Look around. What do you see?

I see my two kids that were raised by myself alone since they were 8 months old and almost three years old that have grown into two wonderful people, that are both independant, hard working, caring individuals.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options

people do the best with the hand theyre dealt.

and where did i say that youre judgemental because of your 'idyllic' family situation? i dont know why youre so judgemental. im thinking perhaps tis a character flaw.
    and knowing my children the way i do they will never go to someone 'like you' for advice. you seem to be under the impression that i havent dealt with this kind of thing already. and you know what, when thye did, i was more than capable of handling it.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    people do the best with the hand theyre dealt.

and where did i say that youre judgemental because of your 'idyllic' family situation? i dont know why youre so judgemental. im thinking perhaps tis a character flaw.
    and knowing my children the way i do they will never go to someone 'like you' for advice. you seem to be under the impression that i havent dealt with this kind of thing already. and you know what, when thye did, i was more than capable of handling it.
    You attacked my pro traditional family ideology on the "shooting" thread.

So what do you think the odds are that you wouldn't have had to "handle it" if they had been raised in a traditional way. And by handling it I certainly hope you got your child professional help. A bandaid does not fix a wound.
  • Options
    You attacked my pro traditional family ideology on the "shooting" thread.

So what do you think the odds are that you wouldn't have had to "handle it" if they had been raised in a traditional way. And by handling it I certainly hope you got your child professional help. A bandaid does not fix a wound.

i didnt attack your pro ideology. i attacked your thinking that it was the only way.

i cant relive my life. nor can my children. however chances are extremely high we would have found ourselves in the same situation.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    i didnt attack your pro ideology. i attacked your thinking that it was the only way.

i cant relive my life. nor can my children. however chances are extremely high we would have found ourselves in the same situation.
    So then let me ask you this. Being that you admit "hindsight" taught you alot. Would you advise young people today to make the same choices you did? If not, your way didn't work. How many other ways don't work either?
  • Options
    So then let me ask you this. Being that you admit "hindsight" taught you alot. Would you advise young people today to make the same choices you did? If not, your way didn't work. How many other ways don't work either?

what i tell my children is to do what they feel is best for them. there is no manual. i tell them that tis their life theyre leading and dont take crap from anyone. no one know you like yourself. i told them there is nothing they can't come to me with. and if that occasion ever arises then we will deal with it appropriately and together.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    what i tell my children is to do what they feel is best for them. there is no manual. i tell them that tis their life theyre leading and dont take crap from anyone. no one know you like yourself. i told them there is nothing they can't come to me with. and if that occasion ever arises then we will deal with it appropriately and together.
    But isnt' that the same attitude that caused your struggling in life?

"Do what YOU feel is best" in other words "don't conform to authority"
    "there is no manual" in other words "don't look to others examples for knowledge"
    "Don't take crap from anyone" in other words "don't let anyone direct you"
    "No one knows you like yourself" in other words "critique is bs"

I do admire your steadfastness in supporting your children no matter what though. Although, if you don't set expectations, how will they ever make successfull choices?
  • Options
    But isnt' that the same attitude that caused your struggling in life?

"there is no manual" in other words "don't look to others examples for knowledge"

I do admire your steadfastness in supporting your children no matter what though. Although, if you don't set expectations, how will they ever make successfull choices?

my expectations for my children are only that they be happy in whatever they choose to do with THEIR lives.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    absolutely.
    no. it means everyone is not the same, so there is no one book that can be applied to everyone.
    no. it means dont let people stand over you and tell you what they think is best for you. sure listen to people but make up your own mind.
    no. it means trust your instincts.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
This discussion has been closed.