Would you send in a player in to intentionally hurt Tom Brady?

Comments

• If that guy doesn't cross the street faster I am speeding up to hit him.

My last sentence makes as much sense as your "I would".

if I saw Belichick crossing the road, I would speed up to hit him, LOL.
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,245
    Intentionally hurting a player reflects poorly on everything football. I don't care about arrogance, intentionally hurting someone should cost the player and his team major amount of money to be PAID TO the person that was hurt and his team. Of course, then ban the badass and the coach for the rest of the season, and remove the entire team from playing for 2 games. The opponents of the next two games would be automatic winners.

Intentionally hurting someone is a shitty thing to do.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Poncier wrote:
    Football coaches find kicking a FG in a game out of reach to be running up the score, because their team has no real opportunity to prevent those points, whereas when a team runs on 4th down, the defense has a chance to stop them. All coaches on the defensive side would prefer the offense go for it in that case, and a field goal would be considered a slap in the face.
    That is the way it is in coaching circles. It amazes me that so many of the "experts" in the media and on ESPN are so clueless and up in arms still about this 3 weeks later.

I can kinda see that... and I also don't understand why scoring so much is such a big deal. Like I said before, I don't have a problem with them continuing to score, but I am willing to bet that leaving the starters in that long is going to come back and bite belichick in the ass...
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    this is bullshit so because the pats are up by 20 they should put it in the bank you guys are on drugs ,anyone remember HOUSTON VS BILLS yeah how did that go ,people if your defense sucks and you can't stop the opponent that is too bad as much as i hate the pats and i do i would never wan't to see BRADY or for that matter anyother player get hurt. because some asshole decided that you have to take brady out to stop the pats, now i hope the pats go undefeated and fuck those redskins they sucked and couldn't stop any offense you people need to get re examined cluless assholes ........and i hate all boston teams ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • ryan198ryan198 Posts: 1,025
    While I suggested this three weeks ago, it was in response to the ESPN sportscasters and Pats fans saying "do something about it". I said the same thing when Manning was doing this shit two-three years ago. If you are really pissed about the starters still being in do something about it. Bellytits has as much right to leave those players in and keep passing the football as we do to complain about it, but all you have to do is do something about it. Last week when Big Ben was still in the game Terrell Suggs powerslammed him about 5 minutes too late, and Mike Tomlin had visions of having to play that dude from Bowling Green.

I'm not sure if I'd really do it, but I'm pretty sure that it's not out of the realm of possibility for the Ravens to do this to the Patriots in a few weeks, because their D coach is Rex Ryan whose dad used to give money to the Bears and Eagles for taking out QB's. Part of me sure would love to see Tom Brady writhing in pain with his team up 45-0 (sick I know, but my hatred of the Pats grows each day), but another part of me would get sick of hearing 'woe is me' Patriots fans complaining that they are underdogs again.

How about someone does this first, then we can talk about the sportsmanship of it later ;).
  • ryan198 wrote:
    While I suggested this three weeks ago, it was in response to the ESPN sportscasters and Pats fans saying "do something about it". I said the same thing when Manning was doing this shit two-three years ago. If you are really pissed about the starters still being in do something about it. Bellytits has as much right to leave those players in and keep passing the football as we do to complain about it, but all you have to do is do something about it. Last week when Big Ben was still in the game Terrell Suggs powerslammed him about 5 minutes too late, and Mike Tomlin had visions of having to play that dude from Bowling Green.

I'm not sure if I'd really do it, but I'm pretty sure that it's not out of the realm of possibility for the Ravens to do this to the Patriots in a few weeks, because their D coach is Rex Ryan whose dad used to give money to the Bears and Eagles for taking out QB's. Part of me sure would love to see Tom Brady writhing in pain with his team up 45-0 (sick I know, but my hatred of the Pats grows each day), but another part of me would get sick of hearing 'woe is me' Patriots fans complaining that they are underdogs again.

How about someone does this first, then we can talk about the sportsmanship of it later ;).

Sounds like Buddy Ryan is/was my kind of guy
  • I am a big Redskins fan from my time in Virginia, and I had no problem with that game, or score. Stop them and there is nothing to bitch about.

Plus it came in handy for the Pats that they were used to playing 4 quarters vs Indy. Why the hell should they pull their players and not take advantage of gaining game time experience? It's not the Pats fault that other teams can't hang with them.
    9/7/98, 8/3/00, 9/4/00, 4/15/03, 7/1/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13.
  • kenshuntkenshunt London, Ontario, Canada Posts: 2,863
    Poncier wrote:
    At that time of the game, taking a knee is insulting your opponent, and kicking a FG is running up the score.
    If you are in a position on the field where a punt is not an option, you go for it and give the opposing D the opportunity to stop you.
    Every, yes every, football coach, even the clueless Eric Mangini knows and understands this. Gibbs did not complain about what transpired, just some media folk who dislike Bill Belichick because he is not a warm fuzzy interview, and has snubbed many media members in the past.

Well a field goal is less of a slap in the face.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • even though i dont care about running up the score because no team has ever quit playing defense..i would still hurt brady on purpose..and yes, im a massive colts fan
    Fav. Bands
    My Morning Jacket
    Pearl Jam
    Neil Young
    Wilco
    Tool
    Rush
    Drive By Truckers

pj shows
    8/17/98
    8/15/00
    8/18/00
    8/20/00
    6/22/03
    10/2/04
    8/5/07
  • Solat13Solat13 Philadelphia Posts: 6,996
    bryn_cmbs wrote:
    Sounds like Buddy Ryan is/was my kind of guy

You should read up about the lore of Buddy Ryan:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bounty_Bowl

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bounty_Bowl_II

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porkchop_Bowl

Eagles Cowboys were fun games to watch back when he coached.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,443
    Solat13 wrote:

great stories
  • Solat13 wrote:

Awesome. Didn't he punch one of assitant coaches once?
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    bryn_cmbs wrote:
    That doen't negate the fact that the starters wher STILL IN THE GAME

if Bill was such a genius coach he wouldn't have his starters in with a 40+ lead. you risk players being injured...whether it be an accident or on purpose.

i say take him out at the knees this sunday night.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • holtzholtz Posts: 509
    Alright what did you want him to do kick a field goal???

Punt when they were on 7 yard line???

Go to a knee with 11 minutes to go in the game???

Go for the FG, thats not running up the score thats playing the game. Going for it on 4th down when you are up 40+ because you want a TD and not a FG is running up the score. It's pretty simple. The Pats are a great team but eventually they won't be as good and someone else will be the best in the league and they will remember this and probably run the score up on the Pats and it will be well deserved.
  • FnCircusFnCircus Posts: 439
    some people say karma is a bitch.................

after all, they play in buffalo this week. Look for a tragic accident involving a bus and some eggs.
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    F'n_Circus wrote:
    some people say karma is a bitch.................

after all, they play in buffalo this week. Look for a tragic accident involing a bus and some eggs.

haha!

that must have really rattled Romo....even though he did get his head together to bring his team back.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Yes of course I would that fucker needs his teeth knocked out.

You don't steal bases in the 9th inning when your team is up by 10 runs in baseball cause you know you'll get hit with a pitch when you come to bat...same thing as going for it on fourth down up by 40 points.

Brady needs to be crushed, he's a big pussy anyway.
    the Minions
  • Why go after brady? He's not the one calling the shots.
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • Why go after brady? He's not the one calling the shots.

He's the one that they are obviously trying to get the touchdown pass record for.

If you are up by 30+ points in the NFL you generally go to the running game and ball control. New England is obviously trying to score passing TD's now and get Brady the record.

It's running up the score when you go for it on fourth down and not kick a FG. Kicking a FG and running the ball is more sportsmanlike than passing for records when your team is up by 40 points.

I don't like Belicheck either but it would be hard to hurt him in a game. But he'll get his comeuppance soon. He's a fuckhead!!!!
    the Minions
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    He's the one that they are obviously trying to get the touchdown pass record for.

If you are up by 30+ points in the NFL you generally go to the running game and ball control. New England is obviously trying to score passing TD's now and get Brady the record.

It's running up the score when you go for it on fourth down and not kick a FG. Kicking a FG and running the ball is more sportsmanlike than passing for records when your team is up by 40 points.

I don't like Belicheck either but it would be hard to hurt him in a game. But he'll get his comeuppance soon. He's a fuckhead!!!!

Your posts are now telling me you may have never played football. It seems you have your rules on football edicate, well until the NFL changes the rules on being sportsman like the New England Patriots will continue to crush all who comes before them.

Until the possibility of them falling in a loss stock up on your Kleenex from all of your bullshit crying.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• I never, ever wish injury on a player of any sport. That said, I hope Bill Belichick dies of plague tomorrow.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • TrailerTrailer Posts: 1,431
    Am I the only person who actually likes Belicheck??

As far as hurting Brady... why would you want to hurt such an amazing athlete? All that proves is that your team can't compete and needs to find other ways to gain the advantage. *insert spying joke here*

Tom Brady is the fucking man!
    Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171

Just a couple of example I already stated:
    Poncier wrote:
    Why did nobody ever want to do this to Peyton Manning in 2003 and 2004 when he was throwing bombs up 28 in the 4th quarter against the Houstons and Tennessees of the world...or against Steve Young when he was throwing his 6th TD pass against the Chargers in the 4th Q of the SuperBowl with a 24 point lead?

So its OK for a nice farm boy like Peyton to throw bombs with huge leads in pursuit of Dan Marino's record (it was a weekly occurrence), and its OK for Steve Young to embarass the Chargers so he can throw 6 TD's in a Super Bowl and get out of the shadow of Joe Montana's 5 TD's in Super Bowl XXIV (the exact reason he threw the 6th TD and then symbolically had the "monkey wiped off his back").
    But because Tom Brady dates super models and likely has made your team look bad, he "needs his teeth knocked out"?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • brainofjbbrainofjb Boston Posts: 381
    bryn_cmbs wrote:
    So is leaving in your starters and going for it on 4th down when you are up 40.

how is that the same as hurting a player on purpose, possible ruining a career
    because you are jealous!?
    There's the moon asking to stay
    Long enough for the clouds to fly me away
  • brainofjbbrainofjb Boston Posts: 381
    I am a big Redskins fan from my time in Virginia, and I had no problem with that game, or score. Stop them and there is nothing to bitch about.

Plus it came in handy for the Pats that they were used to playing 4 quarters vs Indy. Why the hell should they pull their players and not take advantage of gaining game time experience? It's not the Pats fault that other teams can't hang with them.

LOVE IT!!!!

stop them or stop bitching about it !! LOL!!!!
    There's the moon asking to stay
    Long enough for the clouds to fly me away
  • JSBEJSBE Posts: 1,075
    i love belichick as the way he coaches. i love his mentality that all that matters is the current week and the current play. when the week is up it is always "we did a good job, but we can be better" and then move on to the next week.

and poncier - i totally agree with you that no one seemed to bitch and moan and whine when peyton was trying to beat marino's record. i suggest reading this - http://www.boston.com/sports/nesn/wi..._several_more/

the stupidest part is that all the pats haters on here are the ones bitching, whining and moaning while the opposing coaches (gibbs, jauron, etc) that are getting whooped keep saying that it is the job of their team's D to stop the pats from scoring. seems kind of odd that the head coaches of the opposing teams are ok with the way the pats play but a bunch of pats haters aren't.
  • What a lame post. Look, if a pro team cannot stop the Pats, fuck em. Was it a high scoring game? Yes. What do you suggest they do? Intentionally not play hard? This is pro sports. I admire the Pats for sticking it to the lame ass Bills. Put in 2nd, 3rd stringers? They would score on a team with no defense and even less offense too.
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
    Poncier wrote:
    Just a couple of example I already stated:

So its OK for a nice farm boy like Peyton to throw bombs with huge leads in pursuit of Dan Marino's record (it was a weekly occurrence), and its OK for Steve Young to embarass the Chargers so he can throw 6 TD's in a Super Bowl and get out of the shadow of Joe Montana's 5 TD's in Super Bowl XXIV (the exact reason he threw the 6th TD and then symbolically had the "monkey wiped off his back").
    But because Tom Brady dates super models and likely has made your team look bad, he "needs his teeth knocked out"?

For the record I hated when Steve Young threw the 6 Td's, I hate Peyton Manning, and I hate Tom Brady. My favorite QBs usually do somethings OK and somethings not so good, which makes them fun to watch, rather than the robots that were the three aforementioned players.
  • JSBEJSBE Posts: 1,075
    ryan198 wrote:
    For the record I hated when Steve Young threw the 6 Td's, I hate Peyton Manning, and I hate Tom Brady. My favorite QBs usually do somethings OK and somethings not so good, which makes them fun to watch, rather than the robots that were the three aforementioned players.

so the final score for each week should be 21-14 or 17-14 as to not make anyone feel bad? san diego couldn't stop young and rice, etc.

do you feel really bad for the falcons because tampa bay ran up the score on them, 31-7, yesterday?

and do you even watch football? to say that steve young, peyton manning and tom brady are robots is just ridiculously stupid. i don't know how you could say that any of those three qb's are not fun to watch...and i cannot stand peyton manning, i just appreciate his ability.
    JSBE wrote:
    so the final score for each week should be 21-14 or 17-14 as to not make anyone feel bad? san diego couldn't stop young and rice, etc.

do you feel really bad for the falcons because tampa bay ran up the score on them, 31-7, yesterday?

and do you even watch football? to say that steve young, peyton manning and tom brady are robots is just ridiculously stupid. i don't know how you could say that any of those three qb's are not fun to watch...and i cannot stand peyton manning, i just appreciate his ability.
    I never said that the score should be 17-14 every week I just don't like players that play on teams I don't like. I don't like the Patriots, I don't like the Colts, and I don't like the 49ers, and part of it is the fact that their QBs are not that fun for me to watch. I understand that they are/were very good at their profession, but their excitment seems contrived to me...like the game isn't actually fun for them. I don't like Favre but I'm pretty sure that he actually likes what he does, same with Vince Young, Vick was fun to watch when he was playing. So anyway, yes I do watch football, I just don't enjoy the way particular players play the game.