Thinking of getting a tattoo... talk me into or out of it!!!!!

Comments

• chadwick wrote:
    I have alot of ink work on me.
    It is addictive.
    I've been in the chair about 20-25 times or more.

Do go to a professional artist.
    If they trace/stencil the fuckin tattoo on your skin
    get up and walk out.

This is my opinion.

The tattoo should be free hand drawn onto your flesh
    Then tattooed.

If they can't draw the art on you and they need to cheat by using a stencil/tracing thingy,
    that shows me they are not skilled in the art of tattooing.

I agree about them being addictive but not with the stencil thing, my guy always puts the outline on special paper and then transfers this to my skin. he is so fantastic at his job and I recommend him to people all the time, everyone loves him, he can't be faulted.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • jojojojo Posts: 645
    chadwick wrote:
    I have alot of ink work on me.
    It is addictive.
    I've been in the chair about 20-25 times or more.

Do go to a professional artist.
    If they trace/stencil the fuckin tattoo on your skin
    get up and walk out.

This is my opinion.

The tattoo should be free hand drawn onto your flesh
    Then tattooed.

If they can't draw the art on you and they need to cheat by using a stencil/tracing thingy,
    that shows me they are not skilled in the art of tattooing.

yes and no

human felsh has aot of give to it if you wnat circles or lots of line detail
    mine has a ton of line detail and it came out aweswome it was traced

HLF

do it
    it's great and addictive make sure you take care of it good so it doesn't fade or scab
    Ralph: Me fail English? That's unpossible.
  • Yeah because they're all looking at his cock aren't they :rolleyes:

Where else would they be looking :confused:
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

• jojo wrote:
    yes and no

human felsh has aot of give to it if you wnat circles or lots of line detail
    mine has a ton of line detail and it came out aweswome it was traced

HLF

do it
    it's great and addictive make sure you take care of it good so it doesn't fade or scab

Hmm what does tattoo care/maintenance entail?
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Hmm what does tattoo care/maintenance entail?

Keeping it clean and covering it with nappy rash cream.

• chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    The chic who has done mine probably is a millionaire by now or soon will be.
    All from tattooing.
    She is 100% free hand, fine line, thick ass line, whatever you want, she's on it.
    A pure artist.
    To me stencils/tracing is a scam.
    This is just me and my opinion.
    I am not downing anyones tattoos.
    I personally wouldn't have it done.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Get a tattoo... just fuckin do it!

Yer old enough now, not 15 anymore, and if you don't get it now, it'll just stay in your mind till you do get it done. saying that, once you get the first, you'll start thinking of the second.

Regarding the design, if you like it then go for it. I'm in the middle of finishing off two tattoos (same design on each arm) and they have no particular meaning, but I love the design and thought about it for months.

When I started them, about half way through the first one, I was thinking "what the fuck am I doing, I'm wrecking my arms, and if I ever need to get another job I'll be screwed!" but I just can't live like that, wondering IF I get fired, and IF I'll need to wear a long sleeved shirt in an interview I MIGHT need to go to!

My first tattoo has "Given to Fly" written underneath a swirly star thingy, and I love it even if nobody else does.

I will suggest you talk to your potential tattoo artist lots, make sure your completely comfortable with the design before you start. Even draw it on yerself a few times, different places and sizes and the like!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    DO IT!!
    I'm having mine for christmas...
    My 2nd tattoo, but 1st PJ one.....
    DO IT!!!
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
    Hmm what does tattoo care/maintenance entail?

Just lightly rinsing the goo off for the first few days, keeping it wrapped in cling film for 1-3 days too. and Bepanthen nappy rash cream, then E45 cream for when its about over 1 week old. No picking or scratching the itchiness either!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Keeping it clean and covering it with nappy rash cream.
    I used preparation H on mine and it worked wonders.... then E45 after a few days. Also did like the Japanese traditionally did when they got a tat. As soon as you get home, plunge into a bath as hot as you can stand it for a while. Apparently that kick starts the healing process. This will be the only time you will soak your tattoo until the scab is all gone. Jenny.. you wrapped it in cling film for 2-3 days? I was always told not to cover it once the initial 'covering' was taken off after the tattooing. Leave it in the open air but put stuff on it.

Hmm... talk HLF out of having a tattoo... Mark.. you should know better than having a tattoo, being so common, blah blah blah....

WHY talk you out of it? Get one, two, loads!!! I love tats. I only have two but working on a third one. :) Go, go, go! And post a pic after. But do choose your tattoo artist carefully.
  • redrock wrote:
    I used preparation H on mine and it worked wonders....

Hmm... talk HLF out of having a tattoo... Mark.. you should know better than having a tattoo, being so common, blah blah blah....

WHY talk you out of it? Get one, two, loads!!! I love tats. I only have two but working on a third one. :) Go, go, go! And post a pic after. But do choose your tattoo artist carefully.

Redrock! Nice to see you (so to speak) - haven't seen you in here for a while. You've missed all my Emo threads. Well done.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

Jennytree wrote:
    Get a tattoo... just fuckin do it!

Yer old enough now, not 15 anymore, and if you don't get it now, it'll just stay in your mind till you do get it done. saying that, once you get the first, you'll start thinking of the second.

Regarding the design, if you like it then go for it. I'm in the middle of finishing off two tattoos (same design on each arm) and they have no particular meaning, but I love the design and thought about it for months.

When I started them, about half way through the first one, I was thinking "what the fuck am I doing, I'm wrecking my arms, and if I ever need to get another job I'll be screwed!" but I just can't live like that, wondering IF I get fired, and IF I'll need to wear a long sleeved shirt in an interview I MIGHT need to go to!

My first tattoo has "Given to Fly" written underneath a swirly star thingy, and I love it even if nobody else does.

I will suggest you talk to your potential tattoo artist lots, make sure your completely comfortable with the design before you start. Even draw it on yerself a few times, different places and sizes and the like!

Is this why I didn't get the job @ Microsoft?
    Sleeveless t-shirts with colored up-sleeved up arms.
    F'off corporate a'holes.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • chadwick wrote:
    Is this why I didn't get the job @ Microsoft?
    Sleeveless t-shirts with colored up-sleeved up arms.
    F'off corporate a'holes.

:D

You should've gone to EA.

• Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Get one :D
    I need a coffee!
    :D

You should've gone to EA.

I am kidding, i never applied at Microsoft.
    What is EA anyways?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    redrock wrote:
    Jenny.. you wrapped it in cling film for 2-3 days? I was always told not to cover it once the initial 'covering' was taken off after the tattooing. Leave it in the open air but put stuff on it.

Well I believe it open to the air too, but depends on what yer doing. I was painting my room, and obviously couldn't get paint on it! I left it uncovered when I slept, and after a shower and the like.

And I'm very lucky at the moment that my corporate employers don't mond my pink hair, baggy trousers, piercings and tattoos!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • chadwick wrote:
    I am kidding, i never applied at Microsoft.
    What is EA anyways?

Yeah I thought that just as I wrote it..

EA Games. My mate works there (he's manager of a bunch of spotty games testers) and loads of them have tattoos.

• Jennytree wrote:
    Well I believe it open to the air too, but depends on what yer doing. I was painting my room, and obviously couldn't get paint on it! I left it uncovered when I slept, and after a shower and the like.

And I'm very lucky at the moment that my corporate employers don't mond my pink hair, baggy trousers, piercings and tattoos!

You sound hot.

I once fancied the pants off a girl with pink hair.

Nice to see you too HLF! Missed all your emo threads.. damn.. need to catch up! Been quite busy lately....

Ah Jenny.. they don't care how you look.. they are just in awe in front of your incredible efficiency and intelligence! :)

Keith's new tat was nice and sharp. Seemed to be healing really well too. Might try his artist next time.
    You sound hot.

I once fancied the pants off a girl with pink hair.

pink hair rocks... although at the mo its mostly purple, with pink streaks at the front, and turquoise at the back! My work people and bosses don't even pass any remarks any more... tis great :D

I was actually gonna get the tattoo that duggro has, only across my wrist with the pentagon part in purple and in the middle. I might still do it some day :)
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    redrock wrote:

Keith's new tat was nice and sharp. Seemed to be healing really well too. Might try his artist next time.

where did he get his done? I've heard of a few good shops in the London area (but not London Ink, they seem like a pack of c*nts there:p)...

what did he get a tattoo of?
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Jennytree wrote:
    pink hair rocks... although at the mo its mostly purple, with pink streaks at the front, and turquoise at the back! My work people and bosses don't even pass any remarks any more... tis great :D

I was actually gonna get the tattoo that duggro has, only across my wrist with the pentagon part in purple and in the middle. I might still do it some day :)

Sounds cool :D

Only careful, it might end up as common as that Celtic knotwork that the chavs round my gaff keep getting.

Jennytree wrote:
    where did he get his done? I've heard of a few good shops in the London area (but not London Ink, they seem like a pack of c*nts there:p)...

what did he get a tattoo of?

The Hunter S. Thompson Gonzo artwork.

http://www.typotheque.com/imgs/static/gonzo_cover.jpg

Can't remember where he got it done but I think it's somewhere in Camden. I saw it a couple of times.. sort of new then healing. The outline was sharp and the black colour was lovely, dark and even. Seemed to be healing really well too (though Keith had a bit of a tendency to pick!).
  • redrock wrote:
    The Hunter S. Thompson Gonzo artwork.

http://www.typotheque.com/imgs/static/gonzo_cover.jpg

Can't remember where he got it done but I think it's somewhere in Camden. I saw it a couple of times.. sort of new then healing. The outline was sharp and the black colour was lovely, dark and even. Seemed to be healing really well too (though Keith had a bit of a tendency to pick!).

That is pretty awesome.

My friend with tattoos is getting a quote from his artist as we speak. But I am getting a bit scared. I can't have blurry lines. I NEED those black lines to be so crisp... crisper than Gary Lineker's advertising campaigns.

Where's the tattoo artist?
  • redrock wrote:
    Where's the tattoo artist?

I THINK he's in Hounslow.

• PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    I'd like to know a good tatooist too!
    need to redo my Pegasus (it's 15 years old!), and I want to do another one (though I wanted the 10c Bird..but after the latest stunt from the birdie, I might rethink that! ;))

and Mark, go for it! but yeah, somewhere you can cover if your line of work is stuck up, and think carefully WHAT you put on, you're getting it for life ..I guess I don't need to tell you that though..
  • Pegasus wrote:
    I'd like to know a good tatooist too!
    need to redo my Pegasus (it's 15 years old!), and I want to do another one (though I wanted the 10c Bird..but after the latest stunt from the birdie, I might rethink that! ;))

and Mark, go for it! but yeah, somewhere you can cover if your line of work is stuck up, and think carefully WHAT you put on, you're getting it for life ..I guess I don't need to tell you that though..

I was thinking of getting a ship's anchor with a snake coiled around it. :D

• PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    I was thinking of getting a ship's anchor with a snake coiled around it. :D
    maybe I DO need to tell you that!

;)
  • Pegasus wrote:
    maybe I DO need to tell you that!

;)

Or maybe one of those Chinese dragons which all the chavs are going for. They are so hot right now.

I've checked with Duggro... getting the same one as his. :)