***~HaPPy DiWaLI*~***

rarghrargh-brownstarrarghrargh-brownstar Posts: 1,272
edited November 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
It just means *light some candles* and have fun, and celebrate.

)

/
/
\
/]
----

There is SOME goodness in the world...and as you light a candle, just remember the "moments" we all have to embrace. edit: or you can just light a candle. :p

As my friend WPJ? said: "Remember that you're lighting your candles and lamps to remember that good triumphs over evil." Indeed friend.

(((Diwali 2007 : Friday, November 9)))

Peace.
xoxoxoxox

~* :)*~:)~*:)*~
Rarghstarfarian.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• And no matter how bad things are going right now, you can embrace silent peace by just looking at a lit candle(s). Simultaneously with loud celebration too if you want. :D;):p:)

:cool:

edit: just remember that things arent ALL that bad.

And for the people who arent in the best of health, or the same with your loved ones....*calmness to you always*
    Rarghstarfarian.
  • wait this diwali of which you speak is on November 9th?
    cool - because i love candles.
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • and to you, rargh! :)

my best-friend in high school was hindu, and i wish i had learned more about the holiday back then....

the only diwali memory i have is of him and i going out for pizza, and my having to eat the pepperoni slices off of mine before going back in the house... :D
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    COOL!!! Thanks for the info.

)

/
    /
    \
    /]
    ----

i love lighting candles anyway.....................
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • wait this diwali of which you speak is on November 9th?
    cool - because i love candles.
    yeah its today. My cousin just sent me pics of my parents enjoying themselves in India. Wish I was there!!!

I just think its cool. I dont mean to get philosophical, but its cool how everything just "stops" and comes alive (in celebration)....even if families or people arent getting along, everyone just kind of just shuts their mouth and has fun. Maybe like an xmas-comedy? I dunno....:p

CEG- thanks! :) heh heh, yeah you can just do it by yourself too. I am going to see Henry Rollins tonight. :p Thats how I'm gonna celebrate. But I might go out for Pizza now....thats funny!!! You probably scarfed that stuff down FAST. :eek:..:p
    Rarghstarfarian.
  • CEG- thanks! heh heh, yeah you can just do it by yourself too. I am going to see Henry Rollins tonight. :p Thats how I'm gonna celebrate. But I might go out for Pizza now....thats funny!!! You probably scarfed that stuff down FAST. :eek:..:p

haha... yah, his family were strict veggies, and he didn't think his dad would be all too impressed with having meat in the house, especially on a holiday... ;)

i'm lighting candles tonight when i get home, for sure... enjoy Rollins! :cool:
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • Lizard wrote:
    COOL!!! Thanks for the info.

)

/
    /
    \
    /]
    ----

i love lighting candles anyway.....................
    Thanks Lizard. I have no idea what that thing is, but it took some time to do. :rolleyes: :o.

((lizard))

failedpersephone - you can do it all weekend if you wish.

*lights some of the most ridiculous candles I have with Lizard,FPP, Cegirl, and everyone else*

*some tealights too* those are easy!

((Autumn))
    Rarghstarfarian.
  • You're such a sweet girl rargh. I wish there were more people like you.

I'll light a candle in my mind. :)
  • LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    My crazy candle story:

I had a taper candle burning in a bottle in my living room. My cat jumps up by the candle onto a window sill. I watch --in S-L-O-W motion horror as his tail GOES UP IN FLAMES!!! It was SO crazy and I like froze and watched! I saw my whole room go up in flames (in my mind of course).

He ran, the fire went out, and he was no worse for the wear. SCared the crap out of me though!!

:D:D

)

/
    /
    \
    /]
    ----
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • haha... yah, his family were strict veggies, and he didn't think his dad would be all too impressed with having meat in the house, especially on a holiday... ;)

i'm lighting candles tonight when i get home, for sure... enjoy Rollins! :cool:
    awesome thanks!!! :) *sends over the yummiest pepperoni pizza* Hope that doesnt offend too many. :eek:

Unfortunetley, I do have to get some work done. Maybe a national holiday in a few years? Maybe when sacred pigs and cows fly.

thanks everyone. Happy Diwali again.
    Rarghstarfarian.
  • I'll light a candle in my mind. :)
    Thats the best idea!!! thank-you.
    Ill light one just for you! :) and the pitters....and mods and pearl jam too!

(and thanks for the first bit. :o...I have lots to work on).
    Rarghstarfarian.
  • Happy Diwali! I wish there was some sort of celebration around here... I haven't been to one since I was a little little kid with my parents.
    Don't let the world bring you down, not everyone here is that fucked up and cold. Remember why you came and while you're alive, experience the warmth before you grow old.

Best two days of my life: Oasis at MSG and Pearl Jam at the Gorge.
  • Lizard wrote:
    My crazy candle story:

I had a taper candle burning in a bottle in my living room. My cat jumps up by the candle onto a window sill. I watch --in S-L-O-W motion horror as his tail GOES UP IN FLAMES!!! It was SO crazy and I like froze and watched! I saw my whole room go up in flames (in my mind of course).

He ran, the fire went out, and he was no worse for the wear. SCared the crap out of me though!!

)

/
    /
    \
    /]
    ----

Omg you have the BEST stories!!! :D.....ok, this one was a bit scary but I did enjoy the suspense. The way you tell them is a talent....:eek: good lord be careful girl!!! yikes. :(

I also feel very proud you keep posting that thing! Coming from someone with not too much artistic talent. :cool: :D
    Rarghstarfarian.
  • PearlsGirl wrote:
    Happy Diwali! I wish there was some sort of celebration around here... I haven't been to one since I was a little little kid with my parents.
    yeah really....probably some temples you can go to if you want. I might round up the kids in the neighbourhood and get those sparky light things.

nice to see you! havent seen you for ages. :)
    *lights candle with PearlsGirl....and Uncle Kim*
    Rarghstarfarian.
  • Henry was AMAZING!!! See him LIVE if you can. I regret missing him the last few times, but am glad I saw him tonight.

As bob said, he did light up the place and perfect on Diwali.

Have a lovely weekend everyone!!!

MUAH!
    Rarghstarfarian.
This discussion has been closed.