UFC 78: Michael Bisping Vs. Rashad Evans / TUF: Team Hughes Vs. Team Serra

12346»

Comments

• ryo and karo...this one should be interesting.
  • well, a bit disappointing so far tonight. there's been a couple of good rounds, but i thought that karo vs. ryo especially would be a really good fight. let's hope maybe alexander and silva can fire things up a bit.
  • ReleasHReleasH Posts: 743
    eh, kind of boring fight between Karo and Ryo. I should have gone with my gut on that one ... I initially had Karo as the winner.
  • Ok this should get better now... Alexander is up.

too much wrestling so far
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • that was a bit of a spark. not much shown by houston on the ground and silva maintained a great mount to get the finish. good stoppage...though houston may have taken a couple of unecessary shots at the end there.

big win for thiago.
    At least that was more exciting. I'm surprised that Houston was willing to clinch with Thiago. Houston showed that he needs to work on his ground game, because Thiago just went to work with the ground and pound.
  • ReleasH wrote:
    At least that was more exciting. I'm surprised that Houston was willing to clinch with Thiago. Houston showed that he needs to work on his ground game, because Thiago just went to work with the ground and pound.

indeed.
    Close round ... I give it to Evans due to the take downs
    oooohh, close 2nd round ... I think it'll go to Bisping despite Rashad's slam early on.
  • Bisping has better lungs

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
    I think it'll go to Evans, but not a definitive win.
  • I hate split decisions...

Bisping: "I'd like to thank...bla bla ....fookin hell that's a long list there"

haha

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
    I hate split decisions...

Bisping: "I'd like to thank...bla bla ....fookin hell that a long list there"

haha

+1 on the split decisions Roland.
  • I just have to say that round card girl in the red.

Ouch...flawless.

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • tough one to call. i was kind of expecting another draw. :D

from what i read, the pre-lims were a bit more exciting than the main card. oh well, they can't all live up to expectations. nice submission win for joe lauzon, though, in the one pre-lim they did show. really quick to take the back and sink the choke simultaneously.

the alves and lytle fight was apparently quite a back and forth fight, and gono and aurelio both got submission wins. gono's armbar highlight they did show was unique. would have liked to have seen that one too.
  • complete results

Main Card:

Michael Bisping Vs. Rashad Evans - Rashad Evans wins by split decision.
    Houston Alexander Vs. Thiago Silva - Thiago Silva wins by TKO, 3:25 1st Round.
    Joe Doerksen Vs. Ed Herman - Ed Herman wins by KO, 0:39, 3rd Round.
    Karo Parisyan Vs. Ryo Chonan - Karo Parisyan wins by unanimous decision.
    Spencer Fisher Vs. Frank Edgar - Frank Edgar wins by unanimous decision.

Pre-lims:

Thiago Alves Vs. Chris Lytle - Thiago Alves wins by TKO (doctor stoppage due to cuts), 5:00, 2nd Round.
    Joe Lauzon Vs. Jason Reinhardt - Joe Lauzon wins by submission (rear naked choke), 1:20, 1st Round.
    Luke Caudillo Vs. Marcus Aurelio - Marcus Aurelio wins by TKO, 4:29, 1st Round.
    Tamdan McCrory Vs. Akihiro Gono - Akihiro Gono wins by submission (armbar), 3:19, 2nd Round.

is it too late to switch out the undercard for the decision matches from the main card? :D
  • ReleasH wrote:
    where is ceg tonight?! :( Doesn't seem right without her.

hi! sorry i missed the party! :(

i've had such a busy week... work was insane, i have a friend in town from Hungary, it was my mom's birthday on Friday and plans were impossible to nail down, had to take my truck in to get breaks fixed and $550 later, the same problem is still there, which is endlessly frustrating, which caused me to pretty much hibernate on Saturday... :o

i'm feeling better now though! :)

i was wondering where you've been! i'm glad you finally got to see the TUF eposide from last week... it was a good one!
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
    complete results

Main Card:

Michael Bisping Vs. Rashad Evans - Rashad Evans wins by split decision.
    Houston Alexander Vs. Thiago Silva - Thiago Silva wins by TKO, 3:25 1st Round.
    Joe Doerksen Vs. Ed Herman - Ed Herman wins by KO, 0:39, 3rd Round.
    Karo Parisyan Vs. Ryo Chonan - Karo Parisyan wins by unanimous decision.
    Spencer Fisher Vs. Frank Edgar - Frank Edgar wins by unanimous decision.

Pre-lims:

Thiago Alves Vs. Chris Lytle - Thiago Alves wins by TKO (doctor stoppage due to cuts), 5:00, 2nd Round.
    Joe Lauzon Vs. Jason Reinhardt - Joe Lauzon wins by submission (rear naked choke), 1:20, 1st Round.
    Luke Caudillo Vs. Marcus Aurelio - Marcus Aurelio wins by TKO, 4:29, 1st Round.
    Tamdan McCrory Vs. Akihiro Gono - Akihiro Gono wins by submission (armbar), 3:19, 2nd Round.

is it too late to switch out the undercard for the decision matches from the main card? :D

yeah, I would have rather seen the undercard too. I ended up 6/9 on my picks, so not a terrible showing.
    hi! sorry i missed the party! :(

i've had such a busy week... work was insane, i have a friend in town from Hungary, it was my mom's birthday on Friday and plans were impossible to nail down, had to take my truck in to get breaks fixed and $550 later, the same problem is still there, which is endlessly frustrating, which caused me to pretty much hibernate on Saturday... :o

i'm feeling better now though! :)

i was wondering where you've been! i'm glad you finally got to see the TUF eposide from last week... it was a good one!

hi, ceg! You didn't really miss much last night. Sorry about your busy week and especially that your truck wasn't fixed. :( But happy to hear you are doing better!

I've been ridiculously busy lately too. My call schedule got a little crazy for awhile, but luckily I get some time off for Thanksgiving.

Two TUF fights this week!! :)
  • sorry to hear about the hectic times, ceg. like releash said, you didn't miss out on much last night. hope you both have more relaxing weeks upcoming. :)

my picks also came out 6/9, so we'll call it a draw this time, my friend. next time, next time...:D

turns out alves vs. lytle won fight of the night, and they both got 55,000$ bonuses for the fight. ed herman got 55,000$ for ko of the night on joe doerksen, and gono also got 55,000$ for submission of the night for his armbar finish on mccrory that they showed at the end of the broadcast.

3/4 of the bonus money to the pre-lims, and the other 1/4 to the main card by default. :D still wish we'd have seen the pre-lims...grumble, grumble...:mad:
  • sweetpotatosweetpotato Posts: 1,278
    ..buying into the stereotype, eh? ;):D

red=serious business, so i will check the pm's! :)

are you saying they're reading poetry to each other in there? :p

but i am quite aware that you defy all stereotypes. :)
    "Ladies and gentlemen, the President of the United States, Barack Obama."

"Obama's main opponent in this election on November 4th (was) not John McCain, it (was) ignorance."~Michael Moore

"i'm feeling kinda righteous right now. with my badass motherfuckin' ukulele!"
    ~ed, 8/7
  • are you saying they're reading poetry to each other in there? :p

but i am quite aware that you defy all stereotypes. :)

a good match can be like poetry in motion, sweetpotato. ;)

stereotypes, eh? well, we'll discuss this more later...after i'm back from the hockey game with my tim horton's and beaver tails....eh? :D
  • sweetpotatosweetpotato Posts: 1,278
    a good match can be like poetry in motion, sweetpotato. ;)

stereotypes, eh? well, we'll discuss this more later...after i'm back from the hockey game with my tim horton's and beaver tails....eh? :D

yeah, but after you come down from the sugar high. :p
    "Ladies and gentlemen, the President of the United States, Barack Obama."

"Obama's main opponent in this election on November 4th (was) not John McCain, it (was) ignorance."~Michael Moore

"i'm feeling kinda righteous right now. with my badass motherfuckin' ukulele!"
    ~ed, 8/7