10 reasons to give thanks for WOMEN

decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
edited November 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
Guys: Give thanks for women!
By Nina Malkin
Sure, we can be a pain in the butt sometimes. Sure, there’s the nagging, the nosiness, the PMS mood swings and those easily injured feelings. But guys, think for a moment about all the wonderful things we ladies do. From the pains we take to be aesthetically pleasing to how we kiss it and make it all better, we women do rock. Let us count the ways!

1. Like it or not, we groom you for a real relationship
Whether it’s the mom who taught you to respect us, the sister who told you our secrets, or even the last girl who dumped you because you weren't ready to settle down, the women in your life help to shape you into the best man you can possibly be. So that when you meet The One, you’ll be ready, willing and able.

2. We’re sympathetic
Before we try to solve the problem (as men tend to do), we acknowledge it. We say things like: “That must have hard for you seeing your friend get the promotion instead of you—how do you feel about it?” It may not seem like much, but a world without women’s compassion and understanding would be a pretty cold place.

3. We’re extraordinary ego-boosters
If it seems as though women are forever fishing for compliments, it’s because they’re nice to hear, especially when they’re sincere. That’s why we dole them out—about how handsome you look in that suit, how awesome you are at air hockey, how mind-blowing you are in bed, et cetera.

4. We’re soft
Soft hair, soft lips, soft skin… and so forth. All in all, it’s a pretty huggable package.

5. We keep your social life hopping
Before there were Palm Pilots, there were women. We organize, we schedule, we remember. Admit it—you get out a whole lot more and have a more interesting life when you’re dating someone who wants to do something besides sit home and watch TV all the time.

6. We listen
The stereotype of woman as chatterbox is unfair. OK, scratch that—we do love to talk. But not in a vacuum. That’s why we’re always urging you to talk; we believe in communication and that means we want to listen, too. Go ahead, open up—tell us what you were like as a little kid and how you plan to save the world.

7. We have a civilizing influence
Yes, you probably could survive in a bachelor pad adorned with nothing but a TV and a six-pack in the fridge. But once a woman enters the picture, prepare to see some improvements even if you’re not living together yet. Due to our nest-feathering instincts, we strategically place pillows, search for thick, absorbent bath towels, and not only use sheets but change them regularly. Ahhhh!

8. We inspire you to shoot for gold
Think it’s an accident the Muses were all women? Somebody’s got to encourage your rock opera, psyche you up before that job interview, and root for your basketball team. We do it because we recognize your potential and know you can achieve your goals. And we want to cheer you on.

9. We make worthy opponents
Yeah, yeah, we’re soft and sweet most of the time. But engage us in battle, and we will tear your #%$^@ing head off. So be thankful — be very, very thankful — that we like you right now.

10. If you want kids someday, we’re usually willing to have them
And the labor pains. And the stretch marks. And in between, the periods. You’re welcome.

Nina Malkin is the author of 6X: Loud, Fast, & Out of Control. For the male perspective on this issue, read Women: Give thanks for men!.

http://msn.match.com/msn/article.aspx?articleid=7492&TrackingID=516311&BannerID=544657&menuid=6&GT1=10582
Stay with me...
Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 9. We make worthy opponents
    Yeah, yeah, we’re soft and sweet most of the time. But engage us in battle, and we will tear your #%$^@ing head off. So be thankful — be very, very thankful — that we like you right now.

hehe that one made me giggle :p
  • #9 is where I digress...life's too short.
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
    well of course, i agree. that's why it's best to not even bother trying to argue :D haha
  • well of course, i agree. that's why it's best to not even bother trying to argue :D haha

Odd I feel the same way in the opposite direction a lot of times. ;)

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Odd I feel the same way in the opposite direction a lot of times. ;)
    don't fight with me boy *waving rolling pin* haha

well, all i can say is some men like it. ;)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    those are great.....my personal fav is #4....:o ;):)
  • well, all i can say is some men like it. ;)

As long as it ends up naked I'm ok with pretty much anything.

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • prismprism Posts: 2,440
    where's the real #1 reason? three warm convenient places for him to stick his penis ;)
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    1. Like it or not, we groom you for a real relationship
    Whether it’s the mom who taught you to respect us, the sister who told you our secrets, or even the last girl who dumped you because you weren't ready to settle down, the women in your life help to shape you into the best man you can possibly be. So that when you meet The One, you’ll be ready, willing and able.

Don't like it. Learning about relationships from family can be a BIG mistake.Getting dumped shapes you into the best man you can be? Ya...like getting hit by a car helps you learn how to cross the road properly

2. We’re sympathetic
    Before we try to solve the problem (as men tend to do), we acknowledge it. We say things like: “That must have hard for you seeing your friend get the promotion instead of you—how do you feel about it?” It may not seem like much, but a world without women’s compassion and understanding would be a pretty cold place.

we hate being asked how we feel. You'll know how we're feeling by observing how much dinner we eat.

3. We’re extraordinary ego-boosters
    If it seems as though women are forever fishing for compliments, it’s because they’re nice to hear, especially when they’re sincere. That’s why we dole them out—about how handsome you look in that suit, how awesome you are at air hockey, how mind-blowing you are in bed, et cetera.

So you want sincere compliments, but dole them out to us to fish for them? That is SUCH a nonsensical female statement. We know we look good in suits...If you want to boost our ego.....have a threesome with us

4. We’re soft
    Soft hair, soft lips, soft skin… and so forth. All in all, it’s a pretty huggable package.

I'll give ya this one....but I'd prefer some tone under the soft skin....soft on soft is not as nice

5. We keep your social life hopping
    Before there were Palm Pilots, there were women. We organize, we schedule, we remember. Admit it—you get out a whole lot more and have a more interesting life when you’re dating someone who wants to do something besides sit home and watch TV all the time.

All men are palm pilots, relationship or no.

6. We listen
    The stereotype of woman as chatterbox is unfair. OK, scratch that—we do love to talk. But not in a vacuum. That’s why we’re always urging you to talk; we believe in communication and that means we want to listen, too. Go ahead, open up—tell us what you were like as a little kid and how you plan to save the world.

again with the talking and opening up. We'd rather have sex or watch sports.

7. We have a civilizing influence
    Yes, you probably could survive in a bachelor pad adorned with nothing but a TV and a six-pack in the fridge. But once a woman enters the picture, prepare to see some improvements even if you’re not living together yet. Due to our nest-feathering instincts, we strategically place pillows, search for thick, absorbent bath towels, and not only use sheets but change them regularly. Ahhhh!

resulting in non-stop ridicule from our friends

8. We inspire you to shoot for gold
    Think it’s an accident the Muses were all women? Somebody’s got to encourage your rock opera, psyche you up before that job interview, and root for your basketball team. We do it because we recognize your potential and know you can achieve your goals. And we want to cheer you on.

What's a muse? oh, and we don't like you watching sports with us. That's guy time

9. We make worthy opponents

See? Women ALWAYS start the fight....holy aggression.

10. If you want kids someday, we’re usually willing to have them
    And the labor pains. And the stretch marks. And in between, the periods. You’re welcome.

ya, cause it's always the guy pushing for kids. Our biological clocks are ticking

Nina Malkin is the author of 6X: Loud, Fast, & Out of Control. For the male perspective on this issue, read Women: Give thanks for men!.

:p luv ya d2d