everything moves in circles

decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
edited October 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
warning - sappy post, so if you dislike such...best to move on....:p

that said, i just have to share...i am SO HAPPY! there is no *one* particular reason for this, just life in general...and that fact alone makes me even happier. no *grand event* has occurred...i am just feeling happy and life is GOOD.

i have always been thankful for all i have in my life, but yea.....i've had a rough couple years behind me. i always tried to remain an optimist, but sure.....it still really wore me down, and at times broke my heart and spirit. i am just so thankful i preservered.

my husband and i were just talking about it yesterday....after a fantastic weekend, and both just appreciating the fact that we're still here, together! slight turn, different choices, and we may not be....but here we are! so yea...i just want to show some appreciation for the fact that...in this moment...i am HAPPY. i just feel blessed. i have a husband i adore and love completely.....i know he feels the same for me...i am in great health as is all whom i love...i finally, have a very good job that i also enjoy.....i have a lovely home, family, pets i cherish, feel secure and have *enough* of the important things and still some little luxuries......life is GOOD!

i guess too....with autumn upon us, gets me thinking of thanksgiving....and to ALWAYS count your blessings, and pay attention to all the little things that bring you joy.

so what are you happy about...and/or what are you thankful for?
Stay with me...
Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• chinobaezachinobaeza Santiago Posts: 2,489
    nice to hear that!!
    girlfriend
    family
    friends!!
    decisions that I've made
    job
    education
    life
    everything!!
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    I'm jealous that it's Autumn there....still hot as the blazes down here. :(
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • BlancheBlanche Posts: 247
    Life in general and everything it contains, even the bad stuff.

Inasmuch as the bad stuff is unpleasant, it helps me grow a little more and gain a different perspective. Of course, I would rather do without the nasty business and I certainly don't embrace it, but nothing is perfect.
    Roll with the punches and learn how to dodge them.
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    Blanche wrote:
    Life in general and everything it contains, even the bad stuff.

Inasmuch as the bad stuff is unpleasant, it helps me grow a little more and gain a different perspective. Of course, I would rather do without the nasty business and I certainly don't embrace it, but nothing is perfect.
    Roll with the punches and learn how to dodge them.

exactly. :)
    it really makes you appreciate the *good stuff* so much more. i don't think i'd be feeling this happy, and overall sense of contentment...if i didn't wade thru a lot of the muck that comprised a lot of the last couple years.

tybird - it isn't really 'fall weather' just yet...but it IS officially autumn, ya know? :p howevr, it IS slowly cooling off.....and i am HAPPY for that too! :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• memememe Posts: 4,693
    My worst half left Mr. Hyde in Italy.
    I am really starting to enjoy my apartment.
    The paper I am writing may be starting to look like something a full four hours before submitting it.
    And I am so hopelessly in love with my child, who he is, who he is becoming. I could not be more proud.
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    was that disclaimer for me? ;)
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    warning - sappy post, so if you dislike such...best to move on....:p

that said, i just have to share...i am SO HAPPY! there is no *one* particular reason for this, just life in general...and that fact alone makes me even happier. no *grand event* has occurred...i am just feeling happy and life is GOOD.

i have always been thankful for all i have in my life, but yea.....i've had a rough couple years behind me. i always tried to remain an optimist, but sure.....it still really wore me down, and at times broke my heart and spirit. i am just so thankful i preservered.

my husband and i were just talking about it yesterday....after a fantastic weekend, and both just appreciating the fact that we're still here, together! slight turn, different choices, and we may not be....but here we are! so yea...i just want to show some appreciation for the fact that...in this moment...i am HAPPY. i just feel blessed. i have a husband i adore and love completely.....i know he feels the same for me...i am in great health as is all whom i love...i finally, have a very good job that i also enjoy.....i have a lovely home, family, pets i cherish, feel secure and have *enough* of the important things and still some little luxuries......life is GOOD!

i guess too....with autumn upon us, gets me thinking of thanksgiving....and to ALWAYS count your blessings, and pay attention to all the little things that bring you joy.

Sorry dream girl, just had to post this song for you coz as I was reading all that you'd said, I'd started singing it in my head. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nu9dfdYCZhM

Anyway, I'm glad that you're happy and things are going well girl. :)

I'll have to get back to you about what I'm happy about, but I am pretty thankful to have had a lucid conversation with the fella this week after waiting for over a month! Actually I'm pretty happy about it too, now that I think about it! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    dream that's wonderful you're feeling so good! :) i love the sap :D

i'm thankful for a lot of things, even just the basic things (basic to me but not to a lot of folks on this planet) - my health, having a roof over my head and food in the fridge, i love my job, my friends and family, my love...and just love in general which inspires and moves me all the time.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    bostonlou wrote:
    was that disclaimer for me? ;)

got to be one of the two of us.

im thankful for a pretty cool apartment and a 5-0 buckeyes team. but that's about it. everything else is kinda mixed... and if the buckeyes lose to purdue this weekend i will be thankful for nothing. i've got a lot riding on this game.
  • BlancheBlanche Posts: 247
    exactly. :)
    it really makes you appreciate the *good stuff* so much more. i don't think i'd be feeling this happy, and overall sense of contentment...if i didn't wade thru a lot of the muck that comprised a lot of the last couple years.
    Muck... Yuck.

Even if things are already going well, you just have to take a look around you to be able to appreciate what you have, whether it's simple or complicated, if it required lots of effort to attain or if it simply fell into your lap.

I don't understand how some people, when things are going well, seem to look for problems (when most of us are avoiding them like the plague). Perhaps in some cases, good is never good enough.
  • bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    got to be one of the two of us.

i saw it soon after my blasting earthgirls spin the bottle thread... so i figured it was for me ;)
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    I don't know, when I first got to college, it sucked. Then it rapidly got better to the point where I was the happiest I've been in a while. Now I'm starting to feel blue again... I don't know why, because I can't really pinpoint anything that's changing... maybe I'm just adjusting to the increased happiness level and returning to my normal state. :(

Oh well, one thing I've learned is that life is a roller coaster ride. I'm glad for you, decides2dream.... enjoy it! :)
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • :) I'm glad your happy!

I'm thankful for my little family. :D Last night, I had a "date" with my husband, and we had the absolute best time. And then we came home, played with our funny little girl for a while, had some laughs and then put her to bed. It was such a "typical" evening, and yet, it was so great. :D

My husband and our baby make me smile more and laugh harder than anyone else in the world. :)
    Jeanie wrote:
    Sorry dream girl, just had to post this song for you coz as I was reading all that you'd said, I'd started singing it in my head.

Anyway, I'm glad that you're happy and things are going well girl.

I'll have to get back to you about what I'm happy about, but I am pretty thankful to have had a lucid conversation with the fella this week after waiting for over a month! Actually I'm pretty happy about it too, now that I think about it!

i don't open ANy links whist at work, even if posted by someone i trust ;)...b/c i don't ever want to incur the wrath of big brother aka IT dept. :p i will just assume it's the incubus song of the same title as the threa...as that Is what inspired it, and another song too in the first post. yea...always think in song lyrics.

and for those of you of the self-centered nature who seem to think EVERYthing is about or in reference to you :D...get over it. my little disclaimer was directed at NO one in particular, but i know that MANy here LOVE to HATE on a happy, sappy thread. but do go on in your delusional world of thinking it's all about you. ;)

for all sharing their good stuff....YAY!

brain...i too had a great 'date weekend' with hubby.....always fantastic. saturday night is ALWAYS date night....but we actually got all of sunday too.....thus, adds to the happiness...and sure, what prompted this thread b/c of discussion we shared, etc. it's just all so good when you can appreciate it ALL

...and you're right blanche....even the bad stuff. i too don't understand when people cannot enjoy when life IS good.....but, c'est la vie....just sad for them. some people really don't know how to ENJOY, to be happy....when they are happy! :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

i don't open ANy links whist at work, even if posted by someone i trust ;)...b/c i don't ever want to incur the wrath of big brother aka IT dept. :p i will just assume it's the incubus song of the same title as the threa...as that Is what inspired it, and another song too in the first post. yea...always think in song lyrics.

:) No tis Harry Chapin. Circle. :)

I'll have to go hunt incubus up now! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Urban HikerUrban Hiker Posts: 1,312
    and for those of you of the self-centered nature who seem to think EVERYthing is about or in reference to you :D...get over it. my little disclaimer was directed at NO one in particular, but i know that MANy here LOVE to HATE on a happy, sappy thread. but do go on in your delusional world of thinking it's all about you. ;)

Okay, who else can hear Carly Simon singing now? ;):D

I had a great weekend and the rain here has been very refreshing. I'm thankful for that.
    Walking can be a real trip
    "We've laid the groundwork. It's like planting the seeds. And next year, it's spring." - Nader
    Prepare for tending to your garden, America.
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    All my life's a circle
    sunrise and sundown
    the hmmmhmmmhmmmhmmm again
    till the daybreak comes around

all my life's a circle
    and I can't tell you why
    the season's spinning round again
    the years keep rolling by (eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!)

Something like that, right? It's been many years since I heard that song. :D
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
    DOSW wrote:
    All my life's a circle
    sunrise and sundown
    the hmmmhmmmhmmmhmmm again
    till the daybreak comes around

all my life's a circle
    and I can't tell you why
    the season's spinning round again
    the years keep rolling by (eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!)

Something like that, right? It's been many years since I heard that song. :D

All my life's a circle;
    Sunrise and sundown;
    Moon rolls through the night time;
    Till the daybreak comes around.

All my life's a circle;
    But I can't tell you why;
    Season's spinning round again;
    The years keep rollin' by.

It seems like I've been here before;
    I can't remember when;
    But I have this funny feeling;
    That we'll all be together again.
    No straight lines make up my life;
    And all my roads have bends;
    There's no clear-cut beginnings;
    And so far no dead-ends.

All my life's a circle;
    Sunrise and sundown;
    All my life's a circle;

I found you a thousand times;
    I guess you done the same;
    But then we lose each other;
    It's like a children's game;

As I find you here again;
    A thought runs through my mind;
    Our love is like a circle;
    Let's go 'round one more time.

All my life's a circle;
    Sunrise and sundown;
    All my life's a circle;

:D Yup! That's it! The link's back there at the beginning of the thread somewhere, why don't you go have a little listen? :) Tis a great song! :D
    Nice work on the remembering!

Thar ya go DOSW!

NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Jeanie wrote:
    :) No tis Harry Chapin. Circle. :)

I'll have to go hunt incubus up now! :D

aha!
    well i'll check it later...from the safety of home. ;)

and yes...incubus, good stuff!

You saw me lost in treading water
    I looked pathetic and
    As helpless as a stinger
    Without a bee
    But underneath my presentation
    Yeah
    I knew the walls were coming down
    And the stones that fell were
    Aiming away from me
    Hey what would it mean to you?
    To know that it'll
    Come back around again
    Hey whatever it means to you
    Know that everything
    Moves in circles

I saw you standing in
    My headlights
    Blink blink blink
    I thought I'd run you down
    For the weight you left on me
    instead I pushed rewind
    Reversed and drove away
    And see you
    Disappear in my rearview
    Brought to me the word
    Reciprocity

To know that it'll
    Come back around again
    Know that everything
    Moves in circles

Round and round we go
    We could know
    It'd end so well
    We fall on and we fall off
    Existential carousel
    Spin

To know that it'll
    Come back around again
    Know that everything
    Moves in circles
    Everything moves in circles

Round and round and
    Round and round and
    Round and round and
    Round and round
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• and given that tomorrow is thanksgiving, felt it a good day to give the sap a bump. :p
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    That song SO kicks ass!

Love the *blink blink blink*

Gets me reved up!

Happy....that you're happy.

:D