Options

Arrrgh Argos

surfanddestroysurfanddestroy Posts: 2,786
edited November 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
So I bought a new sofa and two foot stools from Argos about a month ago and have been waiting for delivery. In the past week I have received three phone calls from them saying that they have one foot stool in stock and when would I like them to deliver it. Three times I told them I want all three items delivered at them same time as I will need to take time of from work.

I got a call on Friday saying items are in stock and ready to be delivered, I double checked with them to make sure it was all three items and not just the foot stool and they said yes it was the full order. Me and the boyfriend both took this morning of from work; the delivery guy turns up with a footstool and nothing else:mad:

Now since we have given our old sofa to charity we have nothing to sit on but one footstool between us. I have been on the phone to Argos and it is impossible to get hold of a manager, I am really quite pissed off at the moment :mad:
Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    that is shit.

i'd write a big letter telling them you had to take day of work and now you want some compensation... also tell the manger you have malaria and will spit into his sandwich
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    :eek: that's absolutely fucking shit. We've had a similar problem with our cable connection when they promise they'll come around one day, someone takes the day off work and they never turn up :o . We wasted three days of a holiday once. My sister gave them SO much shit on the phone til they eventually gave us free connection and two months free... it calmed us down a bit but it's still completely unacceptable :mad: they mess people around soooo fucking much.

Can you call into the shop to catch the manager? Get him/her offguard... say you want to speak to a manager cos there's something you want to buy which costs a lot of money but you want to confirm some details first... he/she'll come pretty fucking quickly then
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    that is shit.

i'd write a big letter telling them you had to take day of work and now you want some compensation... also tell the manger you have malaria and will spit into his sandwich

That is what I am planning on doing, well maybe not the malaria part.
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

• Options
    :eek: that's absolutely fucking shit. We've had a similar problem with our cable connection when they promise they'll come around one day, someone takes the day off work and they never turn up :o . We wasted three days of a holiday once. My sister gave them SO much shit on the phone til they eventually gave us free connection and two months free... it calmed us down a bit but it's still completely unacceptable :mad: they mess people around soooo fucking much.

Can you call into the shop to catch the manager? Get him/her offguard... say you want to speak to a manager cos there's something you want to buy which costs a lot of money but you want to confirm some details first... he/she'll come pretty fucking quickly then

It's just so frustrating; I can't go into the store as it was ordered over the phone.
    I told them when they do eventually get the stock in they will have to deliver it on a Saturday as I can't take another day of from work and she said "well we can't guarantee it will be a Saturday" Bitch.

• Options
    It's just so frustrating; I can't go into the store as it was ordered over the phone.
    I told them when they do eventually get the stock in they will have to deliver it on a Saturday as I can't take another day of from work and she said "well we can't guarantee it will be a Saturday" Bitch.
    oh my god :eek: well she's just going to HAVE to guarantee it will be a feckin Saturday. I remember my sister on the phone to NTL saying 'what do you think you are, golden gods?' in all seriousness... and me trying not to piss myself.

chances are, if they're getting a complaint on the phone and a customer who's not overly nice, well the supervisor is probably standing right beside them... and say this to the person on the phone. Refuse to hang up til you talk to somebody in charge... what happened to the days where they had to let you speak to a manager if you asked? :o :mad: Just keep at it, some people probably give up easily which is why they try these tactics. Normally when it comes to stubborn fuckers like me or my sister, they eventually decide it's best to just give us what we want (which is what we were promised in the first place)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    oh my god :eek: well she's just going to HAVE to guarantee it will be a feckin Saturday. I remember my sister on the phone to NTL saying 'what do you think you are, golden gods?' in all seriousness... and me trying not to piss myself.

chances are, if they're getting a complaint on the phone and a customer who's not overly nice, well the supervisor is probably standing right beside them... and say this to the person on the phone. Refuse to hang up til you talk to somebody in charge... what happened to the days where they had to let you speak to a manager if you asked? :o :mad: Just keep at it, some people probably give up easily which is why they try these tactics. Normally when it comes to stubborn fuckers like me or my sister, they eventually decide it's best to just give us what we want (which is what we were promised in the first place)

They said that the manager was not available and after me being on hold for 30 mins, they said they would get a manager to call me back.
    I am still waiting and getting very impatient.

• Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    tell him that you'll get Zeus onto them... Zeus was Argos' dad... yes i'm that bored.

also this thread title shuld have been "AAAARRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHos"
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    They said that the manager was not available and after me being on hold for 30 mins, they said they would get a manager to call me back.
    I am still waiting and getting very impatient.
    the fuckheads :mad:

That is absolutely fucking ridiculous. Go to the argos website and see is there any kinda complaints number or at least an email address that you have your complaint in writing.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    tell him that you'll get Zeus onto them... Zeus was Argos' dad... yes i'm that bored.

also this thread title shuld have been "AAAARRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHos"

Yeah I am sure that will work "I will tell your dad if you don't help me"

Yes that should have been the thread title, if only I had thought it through properly :rolleyes:

• Options
    the fuckheads :mad:

That is absolutely fucking ridiculous. Go to the argos website and see is there any kinda complaints number or at least an email address that you have your complaint in writing.

Well we are going to write a letter to them tonight (while sat on the floor) I am going to try ringing them again in a bit and see if I have any more luck.

• Options
    Well we are going to write a letter to them tonight (while sat on the floor) I am going to try ringing them again in a bit and see if I have any more luck.
    :) I love phonecalls like this if you're ready to lay the law down and take no shit :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    polarispolaris Posts: 3,527
    dunkman wrote:
    that is shit.

just an fyi ... malaria is not contagious ... :)

oh and i thought this was about our footballl team ... :)

oh and be prepared to return your items and get your money back ... you don't get any respect from retailers unless you are willing to take money from them ...
  • Options
    :) I love phonecalls like this if you're ready to lay the law down and take no shit :D

Tried again but can't get through to the complaints department as they are to busy :rolleyes: I am going to try again after six because I have been told they won't be as busy then.
    It's just making me angrier and angrier :mad:

• Options
    polaris wrote:
    just an fyi ... malaria is not contagious ... :)

oh and i thought this was about our footballl team ... :)

oh and be prepared to return your items and get your money back ... you don't get any respect from retailers unless you are willing to take money from them ...

The problem with that is, I need a sofa.

• Options
    polarispolaris Posts: 3,527
    The problem with that is, I need a sofa.

honestly ... a big reason why companies get away with things is because we let them ... obviously, it is up to you how you want to deal with this ...

but i've been thru this with every kind of retailer - the only thing they understand is $$$ ... there are probably hundreds other just like you right now ...

how much lack of service are you willing to take just so you can have this sofa? ... they haven't answered a phone call ALL DAY!?? ... that's crazy ...

anyways - i hope you get your sofa and they treat you properly however, my experience is - at some point you have to make that decision to walk away ...

good luck
  • Options
    polaris wrote:
    honestly ... a big reason why companies get away with things is because we let them ... obviously, it is up to you how you want to deal with this ...

but i've been thru this with every kind of retailer - the only thing they understand is $$$ ... there are probably hundreds other just like you right now ...

how much lack of service are you willing to take just so you can have this sofa? ... they haven't answered a phone call ALL DAY!?? ... that's crazy ...

anyways - i hope you get your sofa and they treat you properly however, my experience is - at some point you have to make that decision to walk away ...

good luck

Well I finally got a call back this morning but I was on the train, went under a bridge and the signal went.
    Looks as though it's going to be another day on the phone for me.

Oh yeah I was offered some gift vouchers but said that wouldn't be good enough as compensation.

• Options
    BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    So I bought a new sofa and two foot stools from Argos about a month ago and have been waiting for delivery. In the past week I have received three phone calls from them saying that they have one foot stool in stock and when would I like them to deliver it. Three times I told them I want all three items delivered at them same time as I will need to take time of from work.

I got a call on Friday saying items are in stock and ready to be delivered, I double checked with them to make sure it was all three items and not just the foot stool and they said yes it was the full order. Me and the boyfriend both took this morning of from work; the delivery guy turns up with a footstool and nothing else:mad:

Now since we have given our old sofa to charity we have nothing to sit on but one footstool between us. I have been on the phone to Argos and it is impossible to get hold of a manager, I am really quite pissed off at the moment :mad:
    Turn up at the store and let rip. :)
    It works.
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • Options
    Binaural wrote:
    Turn up at the store and let rip. :)
    It works.

The store can't do anything as I ordered over the phone with Argos direct.

I am being sent £50 of vouchers, I'm not going to settle at that though, I am getting in touch with trading standards to see if they can give me any advise.