***2007 Chicago WHITE SOX Season***

LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
edited August 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
For all your up to date info..

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=cws

The focus this year is strongly back on the defense. Hopefully Buerhle has fixed his problems from last year. Pitching is looking strong.. Ozzieball is back!

Go White Sox!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    Go Cubs!
    :D
  • jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    first post!!! Go White Sox!!!

edit: damn cub fan :D its on!!!!
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    mca47 wrote:
    Go Cubs!
    :D
    With the money they're spending we'll see. How are fans feeling about putting up that add on the wall next to the ivy? The Cubbies are trying to make up for all that mula they are spending. Should make for an interesting season. Lets pray for a Sox vs. Cubs World Series... and a Sox victory. :D
    how many homers will Thome hit? god I hope he stays healthy.

**knock on wood**
    jlew24asu wrote:
    how many homers will Thome hit? god I hope he stays healthy.

**knock on wood**
    As long as our defense is back to 2005 levels, I'll be thrilled if he gets on base.
    As long as our defense is back to 2005 levels, I'll be thrilled if he gets on base.

ok so how many? I say 51.
    jlew24asu wrote:
    ok so how many? I say 51.
    74 :D
    74 :D

NICE!!!!!

so what is the projected starting rotation. I remember reading it in the sun times but I forgot. anyone know?
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    jlew24asu wrote:
    first post!!! Go White Sox!!!

edit: damn cub fan :D its on!!!!

Hehehehe!
    :)

I hate the White Sox, but I hope both Chicago teams make the playoffs this year.
    After the Bears making the Superbowl how cool would it be for fans in Chicago to have both baseball teams make it this year too?!?!
  • For all your up to date info..

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=cws

The focus this year is strongly back on the defense. Hopefully Buerhle has fixed his problems from last year. Pitching is looking strong.. Ozzieball is back!

Go White Sox!

Looks like we'll be fighting it out again in here this year.

I'm glad Garcia is gone, the Twins could never figure him out.

So you're saying Ozzieball isn't "swing for the fences and get no one on base?"
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • got the sox pegged for 87 or 88 wins this year, which probably isnt enough to get into the playoffs. i hope im wrong, but we'll see.

all depends on if vazquez still suffers from the 'danny wright' inning every time out, how the 5th start does, and if they can manufacture runs when they need too.

strengths should be the bench, and the sox bullpen (barring injury) is going one of the elites in all of baseball, not just the AL.
    www.myspace.com/pitheory
    got the sox pegged for 87 or 88 wins this year, which probably isnt enough to get into the playoffs. i hope im wrong, but we'll see.

all depends on if vazquez still suffers from the 'danny wright' inning every time out, how the 5th start does, and if they can manufacture runs when they need too.

strengths should be the bench, and the sox bullpen (barring injury) is going one of the elites in all of baseball, not just the AL.

with a ridiculously strong lineup. decent pitching. and as you say one of the best bullpens, we should be looking at 95+ wins and wild card birth.

tigers will be too good again I fear.
  • jlew24asu wrote:
    with a ridiculously strong lineup. decent pitching. and as you say one of the best bullpens, we should be looking at 95+ wins and wild card birth.

tigers will be too good again I fear.

Fear and Tigers shouldn't go in the same sentence.

ok. but they are gonna be fuckin good again.
  • pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426
    personally i don't think you guys have the rotation to get you into the playoffs. Definitely some strong players on the team but don't think this is your year.
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05
    pjfan020 wrote:
    personally i don't think you guys have the rotation to get you into the playoffs. Definitely some strong players on the team but don't think this is your year.

its gonna be tough with the tigers and a strong MN pitching staff to deal with.

Im going to predict we win the wild card with 98 wins.
  • wow...

98 wins would have won the division by 3 games last year
    www.myspace.com/pitheory
  • wow...

98 wins would have won the division by 3 games last year

Yeah that seems high.

There is no doubt that the AL Central will be one of the best divisions in baseball (sans KC, of course).
    ok sorry your right thats kinda high. I was thinking tigers and MN had more.

lets say between 91-95 :)

its gonna be a great battle with 3 solid baseball teams all winning 90+
    Yeah that seems high.

There is no doubt that the AL Central will be one of the best divisions in baseball (sans KC, of course).
    Except when KC plays the Sox, Twins or Tigers.. they always surprise the really good teams!
  • Except when KC plays the Sox, Twins or Tigers.. they always surprise the really good teams!

Yeah they made the division race a lot more exciting last fall, that's for sure.
    anyone heading to AZ for some spring training games? tickets were sold out last I checked
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    THE CUBS,OOPS I MEAN THE CUBBIES ARE THE BIGGEST LOSER ORGANIZATION IN THE HISTORY OF ORGANIZED SPORTS.

Oh,by the way........GO GO SOX!
  • You always know you're getting a good post from a guy when it starts with something anti-cub.

and i used to be one them...
    www.myspace.com/pitheory
  • You always know you're getting a good post from a guy when it starts with something anti-cub.

and i used to be one them...

Yeah man you used to be quite the king of pricks for sure. But you've definitely mellowed out....towards us anyways....maybe not so much asshole Eagle fans.
    im drunk go sox
  • Yeah man you used to be quite the king of pricks for sure. But you've definitely mellowed out....towards us anyways....maybe not so much asshole Eagle fans.

its because i enjoy talking baseball, and the majority of you cubs fans that post in here really know baseball.

the yutes and jaeglers of the world however, are complete and total idiots who probably couldnt talk thier way out of a wet paper bag if it came down to that
    www.myspace.com/pitheory
  • its because i enjoy talking baseball, and the majority of you cubs fans that post in here really know baseball.

Peace and harmony.

But you're right, the majority of the people that post between the Cubs-Sox thread at the very least can talk baseball somewhat intelligently.
  • yeah, its not just "cubs suck go birds!"
    www.myspace.com/pitheory
  • gobrowns19gobrowns19 Posts: 1,447

Ehhhh bite me. :p

I hate the White Sox, but at least the fans are reasonable. Looking forward to an awesome year. :)
    Happiness is only real when shared