Curb Your Enthusiasm

HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
Please watch this show. Simply the most brilliant comedic writing in television history. Larry David is a genuis and he was why Seinfeld was so funny. Curb is funnier and each episode is packaged to perfection. Always at least 3 plot lines that come together brilliantly at the end. This season is the funniest to date; it just keeps getting better.
SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    "Crazy Eyed Killa" will never be outranked in my book :)

I love this show...
  • HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    "Crazy Eyed Killa" will never be outranked in my book :)

I love this show...
    "You my caucasian?"
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    "You my caucasian?"

it just doesn't get better than that....
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    wandering bear and The carpool Lane both give crazy eye killa a run for the money.

:)
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Riot_RainRiot_Rain Posts: 348
    I've heard so much about this show, but have never seen it!

Hopefully, this is going to change soon... My plan is to get an entire season out from the video store when my g/f goes home for a week in October :-)

When she comes back I'll say "I really missed you, but I've never laughed this much in my entire life." ;-)
    Like a cloud dropping rain
    I'm discarding all thought
    I'll dry up, leaving puddles on the ground
    I'm like an opening band for the sun
  • I watched the first half of season 3 last night; up until now i'd only seen seasons 1, 2, and 4. It has to be the most cringeworthy yet utterly hilarious show on TV.

I cracked up when Cheryl asked Larry why he would mention Hugh's son's penis to him, and he replied "i took a risk". Absolutely genius.
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Would it have killed her to leave a note?
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    brilliant show. last week's ep was the most outrageous ive seen in the show...but then again, i see myself saying that every week. larry david is a genious.
  • stylo17stylo17 Posts: 1,001
    sucks that jeff had to shave his head haha
    6/11/08 WPB

♬♪♫ and I will not, grow tired of crayon stars and fire

♬♪♫ cause a soldier's death is so much better than defeat just hanging around
  • I haven't seen season 5 and i can't find it anywhere to download, but i can find season 6 no problem. Do i need to see 5 before 6? Because usually they're independent of each other; wasn't sure if there was a cliffhanger or something that i needed to see.
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• I actually prefer Curb to Seinfeld, it is just so brilliant. Honestly, I can't say enough good things about this show. If you are huge Seinfeld fan, go buy this now you WILL love it.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    I actually prefer Curb to Seinfeld, it is just so brilliant. Honestly, I can't say enough good things about this show. If you are huge Seinfeld fan, go buy this now you WILL love it.

i wouldnt go that far...but its a close second, in my opinion
  • it's just my opinion, maybe it's because I've seen seinfeld so much, but I don't know I just love the stories in Curb. My favorite is the one with the Doll "Judy" that is just classic. "Mommy, mommy the bald man is in the woman's bathroom and there is something hard in his pants!"
  • Ok so i'm watching season 5 and i don't understand where all the hate is coming from regarding this season. So far it's frickin' hilarious. I made the mistake of watching the special features first so i saw a clip from 'The Ski Lift' that made me almost wet myself.

Lady on lift: We're gonna have to jump; one of us is gonna have to jump!
    Larry: (pauses) Are you fuckin' NUTS??!!

Also, Kamikaze Bingo is hilarious :)

• mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    Curb puts Seinfeld to shame, and I'm a big Seinfeld fan (the show, not the person). Every episode of Curb makes it clear just how much Seinfeld would have sucked without LD. Between that and Extras HBO has comedy covered for me.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • mookie9999 wrote:
    Curb puts Seinfeld to shame, and I'm a big Seinfeld fan (the show, not the person). Every episode of Curb makes it clear just how much Seinfeld would have sucked without LD. Between that and Extras HBO has comedy covered for me.

You're absolutely right. I like Seinfeld but the way i see it is that it showed glimpses of Larry David's greatness....but there was other stuff going on as well so for me it could never be that great. But Curb is 100% Larry and that's why it's so good. His thought-process finally shines in this show.

• Ok, so i got season 5 on DVD for Christmas and i just finished watching it today. While it's not as laugh-out-loud hilarious as the other four seasons, it's definitely not rubbish in any way. It still has some very funny moments and some priceless lines from Larry.

I don't understand why the critics crapped all over season 5; Larry was mean for sure, but it didn't make him unlikeable. The stories were a little more 'out there' but its nice every now and then to have some silly stories to take the 'real' edge out of it.

The final episode where Larry dies and goes to heaven is hysterical. When he's in the hospital bed about to die, he doesn't do what most people would do and ask for forgiveness for his sins or tell people he loves them. No, he asks Cheryl if he can fool around with other women in heaven because he won't see her for a long time; he tells Jeff that he wants $5,000 back because he didn't pay enough for the car; and he looks back on all the people who he's ever pissed off (and that's a LOT) but doesn't want forgiveness!

Sorry to ramble on about this show, but i love it. His argument with Dustin Hoffman - playing one of his guardian angels - about his DVD 'system' just killed me.

Fave line of season 5: When Larry is stuck on the ski lift, the woman tells him he needs to jump, so Larry looks down and then looks at her and says, "Are you fuckin' NUTS?" His delivery is golden.

• AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    Riot_Rain wrote:
    I've heard so much about this show, but have never seen it!

Hopefully, this is going to change soon... My plan is to get an entire season out from the video store when my g/f goes home for a week in October :-)

When she comes back I'll say "I really missed you, but I've never laughed this much in my entire life." ;-)

Why did you have to wait until she was gone to watch it?? :confused:
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Ok, so i got season 5 on DVD for Christmas and i just finished watching it today. While it's not as laugh-out-loud hilarious as the other four seasons, it's definitely not rubbish in any way. It still has some very funny moments and some priceless lines from Larry.

I don't understand why the critics crapped all over season 5; Larry was mean for sure, but it didn't make him unlikeable. The stories were a little more 'out there' but its nice every now and then to have some silly stories to take the 'real' edge out of it.

The final episode where Larry dies and goes to heaven is hysterical. When he's in the hospital bed about to die, he doesn't do what most people would do and ask for forgiveness for his sins or tell people he loves them. No, he asks Cheryl if he can fool around with other women in heaven because he won't see her for a long time; he tells Jeff that he wants $5,000 back because he didn't pay enough for the car; and he looks back on all the people who he's ever pissed off (and that's a LOT) but doesn't want forgiveness!

Sorry to ramble on about this show, but i love it. His argument with Dustin Hoffman - playing one of his guardian angels - about his DVD 'system' just killed me.

Fave line of season 5: When Larry is stuck on the ski lift, the woman tells him he needs to jump, so Larry looks down and then looks at her and says, "Are you fuckin' NUTS?" His delivery is golden.

I wasn't that big of a fan of season 5. however Kamikaze Bingo is one of my favorite episodes of all time. and you're right about Larry's line on the ski lift being hilarious. another great delivery from Larry is in the 'Larry David Sandwich' episode. He, Jeff and Ted Danson are all having an argument and Jeff says something and Larry, HILARIOUSLY, shouts "shut the fuck up!" in Jeff's face in a real funny voice and keeps on arguing with Danson without even taking a breath. check it out.

but overall, I wasn't too into the season 5 arcs: Larry maybe being adopted and Lewis needed a Kidney. and some stuff (Christ Nail, the season Finale) just didn't do anything for me. season 6 was a little better for laugh out loud moments, but the stories have become predictable if you ask me. either way, I'll keep tuning in every time until it stops making shows. Larry's a genius.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,354
    I just got introduced to this series last week while visiting my parents. It's genius. I netflixed Season 1 this weekend and laughed my ass off. :)
  • can't say i like it more than seinfeld, but i certainly appreciate LD'S part in Seinfeld more after watching curb, that show is brilliant, as is the man himself
  • i'm not gonna bring jerry down cause i love him to death, but it was pretty evident how important larry david was to that show after i saw curb. that show is ridiculous. i think it takes a certain kind of person to dig it though, a lot of people i know dont like that kind of humor. but they're stupid heads.
    all these burning battlefields are now behind us, life has brought us here together to remind us, that love will rise above it all and just keep growin, life keeps flowing and every moment starts right here with us
    -mason jennings
  • I like CYE more than Seinfeld.. It's close though. I just love the characters, and the fact that they can basically say anything. I also love the format and the fact that it doesn't have a laugh track.. Canned laughter.. who the hell came up with that?

Larry David is clearly the brains behind Seinfeld, even though Jerry's comedy and Larry David's are so close.

I love Suzie.. best character ever.. a mad Jewish lady with a fat husband who has a bald friend.. and the fact that she exploits that with F-bombs every 2 seconds is crazy!

This last season was just okay to be honest, but the Leon character is a slightly toned-down version of Krazy-Eye-Killa.. and he was great!

I like Cheryl, but I think she's a little bitchy and demanding at times.. even though Larry brings most of it upon himself, but really, I hope they don't get back together lol.
    Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."
  • inmyrvminmyrvm Posts: 933
    you got some long ass balls larry
    "Fuck the talkin' let's start rockin" - Eddie Vedder 9-5-00 Pittsburgh
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh 5/3/03 State College 7/12/03 Hershey 10/1/04 Reading 9/28/05 Pittsburgh 5/20/06 Cleveland 6/23/06 Pittsburgh 6/22/08 DC

friends don't let friends listen to good charlotte
  • I wasn't that big of a fan of season 5. however Kamikaze Bingo is one of my favorite episodes of all time. and you're right about Larry's line on the ski lift being hilarious. another great delivery from Larry is in the 'Larry David Sandwich' episode. He, Jeff and Ted Danson are all having an argument and Jeff says something and Larry, HILARIOUSLY, shouts "shut the fuck up!" in Jeff's face in a real funny voice and keeps on arguing with Danson without even taking a breath. check it out.

but overall, I wasn't too into the season 5 arcs: Larry maybe being adopted and Lewis needed a Kidney. and some stuff (Christ Nail, the season Finale) just didn't do anything for me. season 6 was a little better for laugh out loud moments, but the stories have become predictable if you ask me. either way, I'll keep tuning in every time until it stops making shows. Larry's a genius.

I remember laughing that part you mentioned also, the way he just tells him to 'shut the fuck up' and then immediately carries on with Ted is great stuff. Jeff and Larry are both trying to keep straight faces but i bet they were dying to laugh.

Another one that killed me was in Kamikaze Bingo. I can't remember who he was ranting at, but Larry was ranting about the kamikaze pilot who survived and he said something along the lines of "he didn't even hit the boat, he GRAZED the boat, as if to say 'i'm heading back home, coz this is fuckin' NUTS'!" It's not word for word correct but when he said it i almost wet myself.

I haven't seen season 6 yet, comes out on DVD over here pretty soon though!

• I'm so excited! Season 6 begins tomorrow night in the UK, at 10.35pm on More4!

I've held off from downloading this season in the hopes it would be on tv at a decent time.

Is season 6 good? I'm very exited about it!

• xscorchoxscorcho Posts: 409
    a few months ago i was backpacking a little and the hostel i stayed at in budapest had the dvds..... first time id ever seen it.... very funny..... ppl were staying in from sightseeing to watch lol.... one guy stayed up all night watching. it was a great break from the rainy weather :D
  • xscorcho wrote:
    a few months ago i was backpacking a little and the hostel i stayed at in budapest had the dvds..... first time id ever seen it.... very funny..... ppl were staying in from sightseeing to watch lol.... one guy stayed up all night watching. it was a great break from the rainy weather :D

lol, that's a good story. This show has the tendency to stop me from getting important things done.

• LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • My favorite season was the season where Larry was involved with The Producers. My particular favorite episode from that season was the Ben Stiller birthday party episode. Everything from the kid saying, "I love tits" while playing telephone, to Ben staring at Larry while he doesn't sing "happy birthday" with the rest of the guests.