***2007 Chicago WHITE SOX Season***

Comments

• SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,788
    They are finally living up to their salaries.. I have some respect for them. I silently root them on.. and then I see how their fans are, and I want to puke. (I work on the north side. I see how it is.) :p
    i dont buy it......

i went to about 35-50 games at the "old comiskey" back in the day.....

those sox fans invented the phrase....

"WHITE TRASH"
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    i dont buy it......

i went to about 35-50 games at the "old comiskey" back in the day.....

those sox fans invented the phrase....

"WHITE TRASH"
    The south side is the "working man's" side of town, so you'll get a few more of those than the north side.. The north side on the other hand, I deal with those fucking people everyday.. generally speaking, I've never dealt with such incompetent, clueless, pussies... thats just a generalization of course. :p
    The south side is the "working man's" side of town, so you'll get a few more of those than the north side.. The north side on the other hand, I deal with those fucking people everyday.. generally speaking, I've never dealt with such incompetent, clueless, pussies... thats just a generalization. :p
    ez big fella!!!!!!

i have been a northsider my entire life.....

back in 1997 i lived 7 doors down from wrigley.....

and just where on the northside are you working these days????
    ez big fella!!!!!!

i have been a northsider my entire life.....

back in 1997 i lived 7 doors down from wrigley.....

and just where on the northside are you working these days????
    Lincoln Park.. they wear Cubs hats, but probably couldn't name one player on the team.. Actually, there's I guy I work with who gives me shit..who owns a Cubs jersey and Cubs jacket. I asked him the other day to name one player on the Cubs.. He couldn't name one!!!.. do you understand my frustration??? Why be so dedicated, but not pay attention to the fucking game.

I'm not questioning your fandom, but if you take away all the bandwagon, casual fans, Cubs games wouldn't sell out.
    Lincoln Park.. they wear Cubs hats, but probably couldn't name one player on the team.. Actually, there's I guy I work with who gives me shit..who owns a Cubs jersey and Cubs jacket. I asked him the other day to name one player on the Cubs.. He couldn't name one!!!.. do you understand my frustration??? Why be so dedicated, but not pay attention to the fucking game.
    im not buying it....

for 30 years i never saw a fucking soul wearing any sox caps,jackets,shirts...etc.....

funny after you guys win it all.....i SEE SOX SHIT EVERYWHERE!!!!!!

are they all dedicated fans????
    im not buying it....

for 30 years i never saw a fucking soul wearing any sox caps,jackets,shirts...etc.....

funny after you guys win it all.....i SEE SOX SHIT EVERYWHERE!!!!!!

are they all dedicated fans????
    If the Cubs win, can you guess what will happen?.. we fight over stupid stuff, really.
    If the Cubs win, can you guess what will happen?.. we fight over stupid stuff, really.
    im not fightin...

im just talkin shit here......

if the cubs win.....the city will go up for grabs......

but dont worry....the last 100 years of history is on your side.........heheheh
    im not fightin...

im just talkin shit here......

if the cubs win.....the city will go up for grabs......

but dont worry....the last 100 years of history is on your side.........heheheh
    edit.. I'm drunk.
    It's ok, Speedy.. I'm planning on moving to the north side in the next few months.. and I'm planning on making a few northside girls yell "who's your daddy". :p
    yeah.....

one big bonus of being young...single.....and living in lincoln park....

you should be able to bang 15-30 different ladies a month......hehehe
    yeah.....

one big bonus of being young...single.....and living in lincoln park....

you should be able to bang 15-30 different ladies a month......hehehe
    I edited that.. they shouldn't be yelling at me asking me who my daddy is.. :eek:

I've had a few.. oops!
    I edited that.. they shouldn't be yelling at me asking me who my daddy is.. :eek:

I've had a few.. oops!
    funny stuff........
  • jerry owens sucks
    www.myspace.com/pitheory
    jerry owens sucks
    the cubbies just started the second half.....

and pinella has just announced jaque strap jones is our starting centerfielder........

how much fucking JACK DANIELS did PINELLA drink over the all-star break????????
  • Galaxie2X4Galaxie2X4 Posts: 151
    Cellar dweller update-After Jenks blows save, O's win in the 10th, and the Royals defeat the Indians, the Royals drop a game in their lead as the AL central cellar dwellar and now lead the Sux by only a game and a half. After last night's efforts it appears that the Sux want the title of CELLAR DWELLER just a little bit more after blowing a 2 run lead in the 9th and letting the game tying run come in on a wild pitch.
    "My Cadillac's sittin in the back, it isn't me, I'm going home in my Galaxy"
    S. Hoon

"My body's nobody's body but mine. You run your own body, let me run mine" Chicago '95

Franken '08
    Both Sux and Royals lose 5-3 today. It appears that the battle for cellar dweller is gonna be tight and both Royals and Sux fans have a great battle to look forward to during the second half of the season.
    S. Hoon

"My body's nobody's body but mine. You run your own body, let me run mine" Chicago '95

Franken '08
    Galaxie2X4 wrote:
    Both Sux and Royals lose 5-3 today. It appears that the battle for cellar dweller is gonna be tight and both Royals and Sux fans have a great battle to look forward to during the second half of the season.
    Are you a Sox fan now, Galaxie?.. you post updates here an awful lot. Does it feel good to pick on teams who are playing crappy? Shouldn't you be concerned about Cleveland and Detroit?
    Are you a Sox fan now, Galaxie?.. you post updates here an awful lot. Does it feel good to pick on teams who are playing crappy? Shouldn't you be concerned about Cleveland and Detroit?

I'm just trying to keep the thread alive, and yes, it' feels good to rub it in Coztansa's face, and yes I should be posting on the Detroit thread and the Cleveland thread if there is one.
    S. Hoon

Franken '08
    White Sox, 11.. Cleveland, 2. right now.

Why can't they play like this all year?
  • the bullpen gave up 8 runs, which is what they have been doing all year.

galaxy, in a span of about 20 months or so, we saw the white sox blitz thru the american league winning 99 games and go on to a WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP (not just some silly little division title like you twinkie fans are used to), the chicago football bears take the NFC north, the 2006 white sox fall short of the playoffs but still win 90 games, then watched the bears again dominate the NFC and make it to the super bowl.

nothing in minnesota sports over the last 2 years can compare to that. and as it stands right now (and will stand at seasons end), the twins are not making the playoffs. rub it in all you want about my team sucking now, but we've had a hellava run lately and the bears are again poised to win the NFC north. so have fun watching the twinkies and viqueens falter.
    www.myspace.com/pitheory
    If you want to hang your hat on a fluke championship, go right ahead. The Twins are about sustained excellence. Twins fans get to enjoy the full season almost every year because the Twins have been competitive for the last 6 years. Right now while the Twins thread is hopping with posts, the Sux thread stays alive only because of cellar dweller updates posted by myself. By the way, nice fucking game last night. I'm thinking the Twins are gonna pick up a 1/2 game on the Tribe and the Sux almost blow a 9 run lead. Fucking embarrassing. Way to go Sux.

Also Congrats to your Bears for making it through a weak ass NFC.
    S. Hoon

Franken '08
    WOW, what a race we have here for the AL Central 2007 Cellar Dweller. With both teams sporting 43-54 records, this one's gonna come down to the wire.
    S. Hoon

Franken '08
  • so because the twins thread has more posts right now, they're a better team. lame.

if you want to root against the sox, go right ahead. beacuse they're going to be playing exactly as many playoff games as the twins this year-- zero.
    www.myspace.com/pitheory
  • ewokpeltsewokpelts Posts: 709
    Sox won 3 out of 5 from the defending AL CHAMPS. Not too shabby, And they could have ALL of them if not for suck ass contreras and the bullshit pen.

PLAYOFFS? Maybe next year, but certainly not this year.

.500 record? Possibly.

Trading Contreras? Not likely after his "ace" performances the last few weeks. Gotta love how ozzie made him the Opening Day starter this year despit ehim sucking ass in the 2nd half of 2006, AND that Buehrle had the nod from 2001-2006. And will have that nod again from 2008-2011(when his contract expires).

I'm tired of Ozzie's Latin Love. Put your franchise player as the Opening Day Starter. Not the 40(or more) year old Cuban.
    What the hell?
    Iguchi for a no name player?
  • Heard you guys will have Stoney for a few games doing color cause DJ's wife is having a kid. Sure miss the best in the biz. Enjoy
    Contreras is ugly. Twins are still in it.
    S. Hoon

Franken '08
  • chikevinchikevin Posts: 421
    ewokpelts wrote:
    What the hell?
    Iguchi for a no name player?
    they can always resign him if they want him after the season. worse case, they have this kid rechar playing 2nd. they get a look at him for the rest of the seasona and if he doesn't work...bring back da gooch (now that he knows there's no market for adequate 2nd base guys) and they'll get him at a discount.

as for dye...they're working on a 2 year deal.
    if it doesn't work out, they'll get two draft picks b/c they lose him in free agency. that's better than having the red sox put it in your ass in a bad deal.
  • chikevinchikevin Posts: 421
    Galaxie2X4 wrote:

woulda been nice to get that 20 mil off the books...maybe next year.

twins are still in it? hehe. ummmmmm, ok.
    Galaxie2X4 wrote:
    yeah, with santana already planning his exit strategy
    chikevin wrote:
    they can always resign him if they want him after the season. worse case, they have this kid rechar playing 2nd. they get a look at him for the rest of the seasona and if he doesn't work...bring back da gooch (now that he knows there's no market for adequate 2nd base guys) and they'll get him at a discount.

as for dye...they're working on a 2 year deal.
    if it doesn't work out, they'll get two draft picks b/c they lose him in free agency. that's better than having the red sox put it in your ass in a bad deal.
    Gooch in '08!