Options

"Fuck em"

Comments

• Options
    Eliot RosewaterEliot Rosewater Posts: 2,684
    my2hands wrote:
    God damn right Eddie!

I am tired of this neo conservative, extreme right wing bullshit agenda...and i am sick of the people that follow it as gospel... embracing hatred, fear, greed, war, violence, restriction of freedoms, war profiteering, non-tolerance, discrimination, lying, etc., etc.

if the blatant lies about Iraq and Katrina didnt wake them up nothing will!

so "fuck em" and anybody that agrees with them
    I agree wholeheartedly...whether or not Ed was serious when he said it....it's definitely how I feel. Especially the ones that have been ripping Ed for what he said on Storytellers....fuck 'em.
  • Options
    WindNoSailWindNoSail Posts: 580
    I agree wholeheartedly...whether or not Ed was serious when he said it....it's definitely how I feel. Especially the ones that have been ripping Ed for what he said on Storytellers....fuck 'em.

Ok, fuck you too. Wow, that accomplishes alot.
    HOB 10.05.2005, E Rutherford 06.03.2006, The Gorge 07.22.2006, Lolla 08.05.2007, West Palm 06.11.2008, Tampa 06.12.2008, Columbia 06.16.2008, EV Memphis 06.20.2009, New Orleans 05.01.2010, Kansas City 05.03.2010
  • Options
    ryan198ryan198 Posts: 1,025
    WindNoSail wrote:
    I was speaking to the my original post about Sudan, what would they have different that would have had them on the correct side of the issue.

As for NAFTA, I was learned from a good liberal professor years ago about how important globalization was and that NAFTA should be approved. He loved it because of the multicultural aspects of it, and the concept that we would be helping citizens of the world share in the economies that were already strong. Seems to me that globalization has only recently become an issue that liberals don't like. Being a conservative, I had a problem with it because to me it seemed to force a blurring of borders and creating lower wages for the US.

Welfare reform - why wouldn't a liberal want to reform one of their own systems that is not working properly? Everything can be improved, right?

Defense of marriage, well I don't recall all the details, but does a liberal have to be defined by agreeing exactly with you on every point?? Does every liberal disagree with Clinton on his policies NOW?

Who said Clinton was a liberal? What a joke! NAFTA was not ever liked by the left (look at the Chomsky interview w/ Zach de La Rocha made in...I believe 1996). Several liberal authors have or did speak out against it when it began Giroux, McLaren, Grossberg, Chomsky, Zinn, etc. come to mind.
  • Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    ryan198 wrote:
    Who said Clinton was a liberal? What a joke! NAFTA was not ever liked by the left (look at the Chomsky interview w/ Zach de La Rocha made in...I believe 1996). Several liberal authors have or did speak out against it when it began Giroux, McLaren, Grossberg, Chomsky, Zinn, etc. come to mind.

no man, clinton was a total liberal! s&l scams, his wife being wal-mart's corporate lawyer, him allowing the timber industry onto federally protected land and wildlife areas so THEY could determine which trees they thought posed a 'fire hazard' and cut them down (he also subsidized the building of roads for them to do this), the whole pollution credit bullshit, NAFTA (which was STRONGLY criticized by actual liberals for lowering environmental standards in the name of 'free trade')....
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • Options
    ryan198ryan198 Posts: 1,025
    let's not forget his strong love of church, his fake love of the black community, rolling back of welfare and other stuff, his deals with the WTO, Kosovo ... yes total liberal.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    my2hands wrote:
    God damn right Eddie!

I am tired of this neo conservative, extreme right wing bullshit agenda...and i am sick of the people that follow it as gospel... embracing hatred, fear, greed, war, violence, restriction of freedoms, war profiteering, non-tolerance, discrimination, lying, etc., etc.

if the blatant lies about Iraq and Katrina didnt wake them up nothing will!

so "fuck em" and anybody that agrees with them

i see some people took my comments as personal attacks, or just responded by calling me a "jackass" or something similar

i see "fuck-em" as a way of verbalizing the frustrations many of us feel about the direction of our country under this fanatical administraion and it's supporters...

and the fact is that if you voted for Bush in 2004 this was the agenda you were supporting... and that is the truth... i cannot sugar coat that, i had a conversation with a friend of mine who voted for Bush in 2004... he told me (3 days ago) that he voted for Bush because he wanted to see the "death and destruction over there, instead of here"... and i simply responded by asking what did Iraq have to do with 9/11? he had no answer... 2 years later? and this guy has a college eduation, still confusing 9/11 and terrorism with Iraq? thats just flat out ridiculous... so why should i engage or debate with this type of thinking? why should i tolerate the events of the last few years and its supporters?

i respect everyones right to an opinion and expression of that, but i dont have to tolerate the actual opinion? my example would be the KKK... i agree they have a RIGHT to their opinion, and i even support them being able to express their views publicly, but i dont have to tolerate the message, or respect it.

i saw a sig recently that says "i have become intolerant of intolerance" (thank you eddies grrl)... i think that about sums "fuck-em" up for me
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    however, by stating 'fuck 'em' and anyone who agrees...you are espousing exactly what you say you disagree with on priniciple: intolerance. one does not need to agree, one can even speak out against, but to remian respectful, open to true debate...that is the better balance imho. i think that is where any possible 'offense' may be taken.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    however, by stating 'fuck 'em' and anyone who agrees...you are espousing exactly what you say you disagree with on priniciple: intolerance. one does not need to agree, one can even speak out against, but to remian respectful, open to true debate...that is the better balance imho. i think that is where any possible 'offense' may be taken.

let me ask this... how has tolerance and true debate done for us the last 6 years? it has done squat, becuase THEY are the first to dismiss debate or tolerance?

it is like the fly that keeps running into the glass window... at some point you have to stop hitting your head and find another way around the glass
  • Options
    my2hands wrote:
    let me ask this... how has tolerance and true debate done for us the last 6 years? it has done squat, becuase THEY are the first to dismiss debate or tolerance?

it is like the fly that keeps running into the glass window... at some point you have to stop hitting your head and find another way around the glass

I am not sure how you could expect conservatives to want to come here and debate when your 'tolerance' for them is summed up with 'fuck em'.
  • Options
    my2hands wrote:

so what are you then suggesting?

ALL i was saying is how i can easily see how one would be offended. sure, in ed's case...it seems he was saying so in jest, or so i have read as i still have yet to watch storytellers. that said, you took it a step further...saying it without humor. to me that is a sign of intolerance, b/c if one cuts off all communication with 'fuck 'em' where does it lead?

to me, you are promoting the close-mindedness you seem to say you abhor? that's all i was getting it. it serves no purpose except to be more devisive. and if your arguement is that 'they do it too'....well both sides taking an immature stance will get us nowhere for certain. what should we do? i have no idea..i ain't that smart. :p however, at the very least...being open to communication always sounds like a wise idea imo.

btw - have both sides truly been tolerant and engaged in debate? i acvtually think both sides of many issues have exhibited intolerane and close-mindedness at times. this polarity, i have no idea around it....but 'fuck 'em' to me, solves nothing. agree/disaree...whateva. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    I am not sure how you could expect conservatives to want to come here and debate when your 'tolerance' for them is summed up with 'fuck em'.

my initial post is not directed towards republicans strictly on this board...i am talking as a whole... i have been very tolerant over the last 6 years, while at the same time expressing my opinions when ever appropriate... i can list about 20 conservatives on here i have debated with... i dont have a problem with anyone that considers themselves "republican" or "conservative"...i have a problem with THIS administration and its supporters...and by the way, anyone supporting or who did support this administration is not conservative at all... it is an extreme agenda, very, very far from conservative...just ask any real conservative who knows what they are talking about
  • Options
    so what are you then suggesting?

ALL i was saying is how i can easily see how one would be offended. sure, in ed's case...it seems he was saying so in jest, or so i have read as i still have yet to watch storytellers. that said, you took it a step further...saying it without humor. to me that is a sign of intolerance, b/c if one cuts off all communication with 'fuck 'em' where does it lead?

to me, you are promoting the close-mindedness you seem to say you abhor? that's all i was getting it. it serves no purpose except to be more devisive. and if your arguement is that 'they do it too'....well both sides taking an immature stance will get us nowhere for certain. what should we do? i have no idea..i ain't that smart. :p however, at the very least...being open to communication always sounds like a wise idea imo.

btw - have both sides truly been tolerant and engaged in debate? i acvtually think both sides of many issues have exhibited intolerane and close-mindedness at times. this polarity, i have no idea around it....but 'fuck 'em' to me, solves nothing. agree/disaree...whateva. :)

so after 6 years of being pissed on and being told it is rain i am supposed to hold their hand while they fuck up the world around me?

i have many right leaning friends, i dont respect them any less...i just call them on their bullshit
  • Options
    PaperPlatesPaperPlates Posts: 1,745
    tol·er·ate Audio pronunciation of "tolerate" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (tl-rt)
    tr.v. tol·er·at·ed, tol·er·at·ing, tol·er·ates

1. To allow without prohibiting or opposing; permit.
    2. To recognize and respect (the rights, beliefs, or practices of others).
    3. To put up with; endure. See Synonyms at bear1.
    4. Medicine. To have tolerance for (a substance or pathogen).
    my2hands wrote:
    so after 6 years of being pissed on and being told it is rain i am supposed to hold their hand while they fuck up the world around me?

i have many right leaning friends, i dont respect them any less...i just call them on their bullshit
    As I'd hope they do on yours. ;)
    my2hands wrote:
    my initial post is not directed towards republicans strictly on this board...i am talking as a whole... i have been very tolerant over the last 6 years, while at the same time expressing my opinions when ever appropriate... i can list about 20 conservatives on here i have debated with... i dont have a problem with anyone that considers themselves "republican" or "conservative"...i have a problem with THIS administration and its supporters...and by the way, anyone supporting or who did support this administration is not conservative at all... it is an extreme agenda, very, very far from conservative...just ask any real conservative who knows what they are talking about

The initial "fuck em" wasn't directed towards republicans on a whole either. The one from Ed. It was in answer to a question about his feelings on his fans having differing political views. So adapting that as your mantra, it would be safe to assume you were expressing similar opinions as Ed's. Or we took something wrong, from a seemingly agressive thread.
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    my2hands wrote:

i am not telling you what to do. i am merely calling a spade a spade. i think someone already mentioned that your choice of language, your wording in the first post...rather 'combative' i believe was the phrase. so then, with such...one should not be surprised when others take offense. that was all. do as you please, i am not saying otherwise...simply pointing out if you approach one without respect, you should respect the same in kind. speaking out intelligently, armed with facts and respect...far different then just railing and being rude...without offering something else. i don't have the answers...i was merely addressing one small point. :) carry on...
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    i am not telling you what to do. i am merely calling a spade a spade.

exactly what i did
  • Options
    tol·er·ate Audio pronunciation of "tolerate" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (tl-rt)
    tr.v. tol·er·at·ed, tol·er·at·ing, tol·er·ates

1. To allow without prohibiting or opposing; permit.
    2. To recognize and respect (the rights, beliefs, or practices of others).
    3. To put up with; endure. See Synonyms at bear1.
    4. Medicine. To have tolerance for (a substance or pathogen).

As I'd hope they do on yours. ;)

The initial "fuck em" wasn't directed towards republicans on a whole either. The one from Ed. It was in answer to a question about his feelings on his fans having differing political views. So adapting that as your mantra, it would be safe to assume you were expressing similar opinions as Ed's. Or we took something wrong, from a seemingly agressive thread.

feel free to tolerate war and blatant discrimiation... that is your choice

i sure am glad the blacks and women of this country stopped tolerating the bullshit that was oppressing them
  • Options
    my2hands wrote:
    exactly what i did

not very politely. :)
    i am BIG on respect, very much so. even if one is disresptful to me..i try my best to not let that get the better of me, because then i am no better than what i find offense in, abhor, think is wrong, etc. again, do as you see fit...just don't act 'surprised' when others call you on it, even like-minded individuals.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,575
    What a difference 13 years makes.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,725
    Just because he’s not a fanboy for the Democratic Party and liberalism doesn’t mean he’s a neo-conservative or a supporter of, as he put it, "extreme right-wing bullshit."

Also, a little weird that you searched for and bumped a thread of his from 13 years ago. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Just because he’s not a fanboy for the Democratic Party and liberalism doesn’t mean he’s a neo-conservative or a supporter of, as he put it, "extreme right-wing bullshit."

Also, a little weird that you searched for and bumped a thread of his from 13 years ago. 
    I didn’t search for a thread of his specifically but rather went to the last page and worked my way forward as a means to remind myself, that despite what the OP was claiming about people being asleep and not giving a fuck about all the shit he’s now laying at Obama’s feet, simply isn’t true. People cared and cared deeply and spoke up and debated vigorously. M2H revisionist history is getting old. And seeing this particular post, well, I found it hilarious and ironic.

signed,

Cheeto eating, basement dwelling, keyboard warrior, Internet tough guy, pompous liberal bully elitist who’s not the smartest guy in the room, aren’t special punk asshole with sucky reading comprehension, thick stubborn individual with a head nodding following, rude arrogant prick, outlier from the left side of the political spectrum 

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options

I didn’t search for a thread of his specifically but rather went to the last page and worked my way forward as a means to remind myself, that despite what the OP was claiming about people being asleep and not giving a fuck about all the shit he’s now laying at Obama’s feet, simply isn’t true. People cared and cared deeply and spoke up and debated vigorously. M2H revisionist history is getting old. And seeing this particular post, well, I found it hilarious and ironic.

signed,

Cheeto eating, basement dwelling, keyboard warrior, Internet tough guy, pompous liberal bully elitist who’s not the smartest guy in the room, aren’t special punk asshole with sucky reading comprehension, thick stubborn individual with a head nodding following, rude arrogant prick, outlier from the left side of the political spectrum 
    Bolded the ones I agree with. Can't speak to the others. 

Fair enough as far as your campaign to expose his revisionist history goes. I took your bumping this thread as a way of exposing that he used to be a liberal, but changed. Which I think is fine, because I'm somewhat similar. But as far as hypocrisies concerning Obama are concerned, that's between you two. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Well, that was a fun little trip down memory lane. Abook, Mammasan, Eliot, Commy, Hippiemom (RIP), etc... 
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options

signed,

Fair enough as far as your campaign to expose his revisionist history goes. I took your bumping this thread as a way of exposing that he used to be a liberal, but changed. Which I think is fine, because I'm somewhat similar. But as far as hypocrisies concerning Obama are concerned, that's between you two. 
    You’re entitled to your opinion about me. Bully.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Haha.

Evolve Halifax!
  • Options
    dignin said:
    Haha.

Evolve Halifax!
    Do the evolution? But does that mean I have to sing in the choir? Or the echo chamber?

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,672

signed,

I'm confused here, H2M.  I would have thought you would agree, at least to a small degree, with what m2h originally posted in 2006- you know, being tired of Neo-conservatives and all that.  What am I missing?  Are you two really that far apart in your views?  I wouldn't have thought so. 

Peace, beers or coffee or a smoke all around.  Be nice or I'll kiss you on the lips and make you turn red.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options

signed,

Oh go to your safe space...

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options

signed,

I’m already there. In fact, I’ve always been there.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

signed,

I’m already there. In fact, I’ve always been there.
    Is it the basement you dwell in while you eat cheetos? 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,672
    Safe space- good.  Feel good space- really good.  In-house feuding- not so good.  Bury hatchet, drink beer, have smoke, dig great music- awesome!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.