Options

10 in 2010

CommyCommy Posts: 4,984
edited June 2006 in A Moving Train
the world's population is supposed to reach 10 billion by 2010....not too far away, and things aren't looking good....

parched, cracked mouths, empty swollen guts
sun-baked pavement encroaches on us
haves and have-nots together at last
brutally engaged in mortal combat
10 in 2010

what kind of God orchestrates such a thing?
10 in 2010
ten billion people all suffering
10 in 2010
truth is not an issue just hungry mouths to feed
10 in 2010
forget what you want, scrounge the things you need

happy and content it can't happen to you
10 in 2010
fifteen years we'll think of a solution
10 in 2010
it won't just appear in one day
10 in 2010
for ten in twenty-ten we're well on our way

like piercing ear darts, I heard the news today
10 in 2010
10 billion people...coming your way
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    2010 watch it go to fire
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    surferdudesurferdude Posts: 2,057
    Commy wrote:
    the world's population is supposed to reach 10 billion by 2010....not too far away, and things aren't looking good....
    And in many ways things have never looked better. I believe in both our ability and willingness to address our problems in a humanitarian manner.
    “One good thing about music,
    when it hits you, you feel to pain.
    So brutalize me with music.”
    ~ Bob Marley
  • Options
    surferdude wrote:
    And in many ways things have never looked better. I believe in both our ability and willingness to address our problems in a humanitarian manner.
    I'm still waiting for the US to cut its military spending by 25%, the amount the UN estimated could save 11-13 million lives a year. That's been the case for ten years now...
  • Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    Commy wrote:
    I'm still waiting for the US to cut its military spending by 25%, the amount the UN estimated could save 11-13 million lives a year. That's been the case for ten years now...

and the worst part is they dump all this money into programs that don't even work! and some that the pentagon advisory board voted against (but bush inserted funding into a bill, the pentagon said the weapons system wasn't worth the $ but it was a product of a company owned by the carlyle group, so it's obvious why the funding was put back in)
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • Options
    PaperPlatesPaperPlates Posts: 1,745
    War is one of the ultimate methods of population control.
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    El_Kabong wrote:
    and the worst part is they dump all this money into programs that don't even work! and some that the pentagon advisory board voted against (but bush inserted funding into a bill, the pentagon said the weapons system wasn't worth the $ but it was a product of a company owned by the carlyle group, so it's obvious why the funding was put back in)

wow...I didn't know it was the Carlyle group that was involved. I heard about the story, but of course the carlyle group was never mentioned...
  • Options
    not4unot4u Posts: 513
    the sent of this unleashed hidden reverse psychology evil that is staring right in our faces makes me pessimistic about the future, big time.
    2010 watch it go to fire? maybe not, but im sure the first match to contribute to the explosion has been lite a few years ago.
    we don't want war, but we still want more?
  • Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    Commy wrote:
    wow...I didn't know it was the Carlyle group that was involved. I heard about the story, but of course the carlyle group was never mentioned...

yup, from
    http://www.thenation.com/doc/20020401/shorrock/2

A classic example of how Carlyle's political connections work was the Pentagon's decision last year to develop United Defense's Crusader mobile artillery system. The decision to fund the Crusader, which could eventually cost $11 billion, came after years of strenuous objections from senior military planners, who said it was outdated, too heavy and of little use in contemporary warfare. But United Defense's modifications to the system--and a lobbying campaign by a handful of lawmakers who received a total of $300,000 in donations from a United Defense political action committee--apparently made the difference.

Then came September 11 and its aftermath. With the Crusader contract in hand and President Bush's war in Afghanistan well under way, Carlyle decided the time was ripe to sell some of its United Defense holdings on the stock market. The initial public offering on December 14 raised $237 million for Carlyle. In January United Defense, whose board of directors includes Carlucci and John Shalikashvili, former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said its fourth-quarter profits had risen 62 percent, due in large part to sales of the Crusader, which received $472 million in the Pentagon's latest budget.

Those events raised a few eyebrows, particularly at a time when the media were dishing out daily revelations about Enron's political influence in Washington. Columnist Paul Krugman described the Pentagon's policy switch on the Crusader as a "very nice gift" from Rumsfeld to Carlucci, whom Rumsfeld brought into government, and an example of "crony capitalism," the Asian model of capitalism scorned by US economists and the International Monetary Fund [for more on Carlucci, see "Company Man" at www.thenation.com]. Conway, who is chairman of United Defense, scoffed at the speculation. "Frank [Carlucci] is not going to lobby somebody in the Defense Department about a program for Carlyle," he said. As for the timing of the IPO, which was organized after the hijack attacks, "no one wants to be a beneficiary of September 11," he said.
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    surferdude wrote:

agreed.
    as much is a mess, other things are even better...it's all perspective. hopefully we as a species leasrn from our mistakes and make imporvements for the future...for the good of humanity and for the planet. eh well, call me an optimist.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    duffyduffy Posts: 74
    population is the single biggest problem. environmentally, ecologically, financially, oil resoursces'y, whatever'ly.

if people in the world would stop.having.fucking.kids then...guess what...all these other "problems" go away. nothing else would be an issue save for what...oh yeah, sheer frikkin numbers of people. oh no, but everybody has to have their precious replicant.

sure, angelina jolie, go out and save yet MORE kids. and procreate yet another one while you're at it. :rolleyes:

so stop fucking! god.
  • Options
    MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,100
    War is one of the ultimate methods of population control.

So is cancer.
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.
  • Options
    angelicaangelica Posts: 6,053
    surferdude wrote:
    I agree. In the end, good prevails over "evil".
    "The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." ~ Niels Bohr

http://www.myspace.com/illuminatta

Rhinocerous Surprise '08!!!