Options

So Many Issues....Yet Only Two Words to Group Them...

RockinInCanadaRockinInCanada Posts: 2,016
edited July 2006 in A Moving Train
Gay marriage, war in Iraq, missle defence, abortion, gun control, capital punishment, environmental protocals, medicare, umeployment insurance, unions, immigration, taxes, animal rights etc. etc.

So why for each of the few issues above do we have to justify spiltting how you argree or disagree into two words: LIBERALS AND CONSERVATIVES....I am just dumbfounded how we have sterotyped an entire horizon of political issues...your for gay marriage which in todays polarized culture means you ALSO you are pro-choice, you want government sponsered medicare, you favor gun control...blah blah blah....and vice-versa for the Conservatives....like i have been saying many times already we are branding these terms....everyone is labelled one or the other FOR JUST ONE ISSUE...its nonsense already...sadly the media is big proponent of driving this dissention further....

Its so funny because there are those who still argue, most of the time thoughtlessly...its all always the same people argueing against each other....but lately im seeing everyone (those who are pro-life and pro-choice...heaven forbide a pro-lifer is against the war!!!!!!! j/k but thats my point) diagreeing with the war...yet they still argue about "outside" issues with the war...like lets put our heads together and think of solution TOGETHER...not try to continue combating each other like its a civil war...lets work together...fuck half the time everyone wants the same thing...we have to learn to COMPROMISE...not religiously defer any statement from someone you happen to disagree with...

I apologize I have made numerous threads/points suggesting all this left/right wing nonsense...but I see that lots on here agree and think the same....and just wanted to keep this positive and constructive momentum going...lets make things right...we can only do it together...continued dissention will only drive neighbour and neighbour farther apart....dissention in the masses can be a popular tool for any able-minded person who can take advantage of it....split them in the middle...makes the job easier....its easier to make 50% of the people happy then a concerned majority of 80%.....not a majority built on party lines...ones built from concern over our lives....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    well to be fair...there are degrees. ;) such as far right, religious right...far left, modertates, etc....but sure..i see your point. then agian, it reflects our culture entirely...we seem polarized with right/left...agree/disagree....democrat/republican. somehow as a species, we've yet to manage to figure out the balance, to find that third choice and truly exercise it. why is there only 2 choices? it's sad. :(
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    messymarvmessymarv Posts: 26
    Thats what i was trying to say in my post but you said it entirely more beatifully than I.
  • Options
    George warned us.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"