Options

Baghdad ER of HBO Last Night..Anyone Watch??

pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
edited May 2006 in A Moving Train
this was really hard to watch but it was great insight into what the emergency medical team over in Baghdad have to deal with every day....wounded/dead American/Iraqi soldiers....around the clock the bodies come in, surgeries performed, amputations, last rights.....it showed the ugliness of war

if you watch this its hard to watch with a dry eye...i feel for our soldiers and im proud of what they are doing over there regardless of the position you may have on the war...they interview some of the wounded and all they want to do is go back with their platoon and finish their job

i think everyone should watch this
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,087
    Missed it...I'll watch it soon. Thanks for the reminder.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    armyreservearmyreserve Posts: 209
    Some parts were tough to watch.
    10/06/91 Hollywood, CA; 05/13/92 Hollywood, CA; 09/02/93 Hollywood, CA; 11/05/93 Indio, CA; 11/07/95 San Diego, CA; 03/29/98 (Dead Man Walking - The Concert) Los Angeles, CA; 07/13/98 Inglewood, CA; 10/24/00 Los Angeles, CA; 10/28/00 Devore, CA;07/09/06 Los Angeles, CA; 07/10/06 Los Angeles, CA; 09/30/09 Universal City, CA; 10/01/09 Universal City, CA
  • Options
    worldworld Posts: 266
    I thought it was a very well put together 1hr documentary. Our soldiers are some of the greatest people on this Earth. The war needs to end.
    Chicago '98, Noblesville '00, East Troy '00, Chicago '00, Champaign '03, Chicago '03, Chicago1 '06, Chicago2 '06, Milwaukee '06, Chicago1 '09, and Chicago2 '09
  • Options
    world wrote:
    I thought it was a very well put together 1hr documentary. Our soldiers are some of the greatest people on this Earth. The war needs to end.

you know thats what i got out of it at the end and i was for this war....

hearing some of the people talk and you could tell that they knew why they were there, but "didn't" know why...if you know what i mean
  • Options
    worldworld Posts: 266
    I think it doesnt matter if you agree with the invasion of Iraq or not, either way, you want it to end as quickly as possible.
    Chicago '98, Noblesville '00, East Troy '00, Chicago '00, Champaign '03, Chicago '03, Chicago1 '06, Chicago2 '06, Milwaukee '06, Chicago1 '09, and Chicago2 '09
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,087
    Finally saw this last night. Not a very good documentary in my opinion but I was 'glad' that I got to see something like this.

Some very scary stuff. Also, some very dedicated soldiers. Certainly shows a side of war that most do not see or think about.

Some terrific people are over in Iraq right now. Hopefully they will all be home soon.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    pjalive21 wrote:
    this was really hard to watch but it was great insight into what the emergency medical team over in Baghdad have to deal with every day....wounded/dead American/Iraqi soldiers....around the clock the bodies come in, surgeries performed, amputations, last rights.....it showed the ugliness of war

if you watch this its hard to watch with a dry eye...i feel for our soldiers and im proud of what they are doing over there regardless of the position you may have on the war...they interview some of the wounded and all they want to do is go back with their platoon and finish their job

i think everyone should watch this

Could it be that it was shown already in Germany, too?... just a few weeks ago? Cause usually we are a half year behind the broadcasting ...

well, but I saw an episode ER about surgeries and being in Iraq.
    (neela and .... in time sharing and connected with writing a letter?)

...the episode blew me away... and convinced me again, that ER is my fave serie (actually the only one I still watch).

...and I agree: more people should see it, cause it shows the naked truth about what WAR is about!
    there is no way to peace, peace is the way!
    ...the world is come undone, I like to change it everyday but change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks.
  • Options
    o.k., o.k.,... I was totally wrong when giving in my 2cents for this threat the first time...
    ...stupid me was referring to ER (ohh, what a mistake due to lack of information...)

However, yesterday they showed the real HBO show here in Germany.
    It was the first European viewing of this show and I got really into it.

What a heart-going but sad documentary!
    Hey, and now I would like to know, how one can still support the war,
    after seeing this show?

All those lost soldiers, all those helpless tries to win a war that seems NOT to win anymore.
    There are millions of bombs going around, and you just can't arrest the whole nation... but those suicide bombers are everywhere...
    ..to me, with my little stupid brain, it seems a hopeless try.

I created so much sympathy for the American soldiers,
    but I thought: oh mei oh mei, they are just lost.
    Those bombings just take lifes away, and it is a bomb you just can't stop,
    cause real humans are behind it... so the bombs have BRAINS!!!

..so as I said: to me, there seems just no way out of this track,
    and I truly hope the soldiers and medicine people can go home, soon.
    ...not for the higher law of peace, but just for the saving of the souls of those soldiers.

:( so sad.
    there is no way to peace, peace is the way!
    ...the world is come undone, I like to change it everyday but change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks.
  • Options
    o.k., o.k.,... I was totally wrong when giving in my 2cents for this threat the first time...
    ...stupid me was referring to ER (ohh, what a mistake due to lack of information...)

However, yesterday they showed the real HBO show here in Germany.
    It was the first European viewing of this show and I got really into it.

What a heart-going but sad documentary!
    Hey, and now I would like to know, how one can still support the war,
    after seeing this show?

All those lost soldiers, all those helpless tries to win a war that seems NOT to win anymore.
    There are millions of bombs going around, and you just can't arrest the whole nation... but those suicide bombers are everywhere...
    ..to me, with my little stupid brain, it seems a hopeless try.

I created so much sympathy for the American soldiers,
    but I thought: oh mei oh mei, they are just lost.
    Those bombings just take lifes away, and it is a bomb you just can't stop,
    cause real humans are behind it... so the bombs have BRAINS!!!

..so as I said: to me, there seems just no way out of this track,
    and I truly hope the soldiers and medicine people can go home, soon.
    ...not for the higher law of peace, but just for the saving of the souls of those soldiers.

:( so sad.

yes no one wins when a dead soldier comes home in a box

no matter what side of the fence you sit on in the war