Election Fraud!!

WindNoSailWindNoSail Posts: 580
edited November 2006 in A Moving Train
Oh, nevermind ... the Dems won.
HOB 10.05.2005, E Rutherford 06.03.2006, The Gorge 07.22.2006, Lolla 08.05.2007, West Palm 06.11.2008, Tampa 06.12.2008, Columbia 06.16.2008, EV Memphis 06.20.2009, New Orleans 05.01.2010, Kansas City 05.03.2010
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    here i was all intrigued. thought maybe you had some more stories about our fucked up election process that i hadnt heard about. ive heard no reports of fraud. if you're trying to make a point, you'd better offer some stories about disenfranchisement of white evangelical voters if you want any credibility. id give them all due consideration.

but ive a feeling the reason we have no reports of fraud is that it didnt happen this time.
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    but ive a feeling the reason we have no reports of fraud is that it didnt happen this time.

So the Diebold machines that we've heard nothing but negativity about and that were so unreliable in 2000 and 2004 suddenly fixed themselves in 2006?

Maybe the other reason we're not hearing about it is because the traditional complainers won, and hence have nothing to complain about.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    jeffbr wrote:
    So the Diebold machines that we've heard nothing but negativity about and that were so unreliable in 2000 and 2004 suddenly fixed themselves in 2006?

Maybe the other reason we're not hearing about it is because the traditional complainers won, and hence have nothing to complain about.

maybe. if that is the case, why arent the republicans raising hell about it?

or perhaps the dems were just whining in 2000 and 2004 and the diebold machines work ok. besides, i recall them being more enraged at the fact that in certain states, black people were being turned away for no good reason. the people claiming there was a diebold conspiracy are the same kind of people claiming jesus told them personally dubya was the best choice for president.
  • here i was all intrigued. thought maybe you had some more stories about our fucked up election process that i hadnt heard about. ive heard no reports of fraud. if you're trying to make a point, you'd better offer some stories about disenfranchisement of white evangelical voters if you want any credibility. id give them all due consideration.

I just read another post in another thread pre election anticipating the failure of the machines, and I saw the media reports beforehand prepping our subconscious for the possibiltiy of fraud...now, eerily silent.

If you are so afraid of the media and the US govt working together to affect the populace as you have stated in our other thread, then maybe you should fear this election fraud point I brought up. If the Dems lost, we would have heard something about disenfranchised voters, fraud, etc. Seems to me the only party that uses that argument is the Dem Party. And the media is complicet only when it serves them...that is exactly what you should be afraid of, but you aren't because it doesn't fit your agenda.

I just think you would better serve us if you were consistent in your fears, or independent in your thinking, that's all.
    HOB 10.05.2005, E Rutherford 06.03.2006, The Gorge 07.22.2006, Lolla 08.05.2007, West Palm 06.11.2008, Tampa 06.12.2008, Columbia 06.16.2008, EV Memphis 06.20.2009, New Orleans 05.01.2010, Kansas City 05.03.2010
    WindNoSail wrote:
    I just read another post in another thread pre election anticipating the failure of the machines, and I saw the media reports beforehand prepping our subconscious for the possibiltiy of fraud...now, eerily silent.

If you are so afraid of the media and the US govt working together to affect the populace as you have stated in our other thread, then maybe you should fear this election fraud point I brought up. If the Dems lost, we would have heard something about disenfranchised voters, fraud, etc. Seems to me the only party that uses that argument is the Dem Party. And the media is complicet only when it serves them...that is exactly what you should be afraid of, but you aren't because it doesn't fit your agenda.

I just think you would better serve us if you were consistent in your fears, or independent in your thinking, that's all.

let's play a game called you make unjustified assumptions about me. im perfectly consistent and utterly independent. ive never been partisan. perhaps those things did still happen. the dems wouldn't make a big deal cos they won and they dont give a shit about it anymore. it's no secret the dems only care about minorities when it comes to ensuring that theu vote democratic. maybe if the republicans offered a meaningful alternative, they could break that hold. as is, dont whine about the fact that things didnt go your way.

second, i dont believe in any media government conspiracies. media is not controlled by gov, it's just a business. and apparently they didnt find enough violations worth making a huge deal out of for ratings. that's the way it goes.

that's why we've heard nothing about voting fraud. the dems dont care cos they won, the republicans dont care cos it didnt happen to them, and the media doesnt care cos there's no money in it.
  • let's play a game called you make unjustified assumptions about me. im perfectly consistent and utterly independent. ive never been partisan. perhaps those things did still happen. the dems wouldn't make a big deal cos they won and they dont give a shit about it anymore. it's no secret the dems only care about minorities when it comes to ensuring that theu vote democratic. maybe if the republicans offered a meaningful alternative, they could break that hold. as is, dont whine about the fact that things didnt go your way.

second, i dont believe in any media government conspiracies. media is not controlled by gov, it's just a business. and apparently they didnt find enough violations worth making a huge deal out of for ratings. that's the way it goes.

that's why we've heard nothing about voting fraud. the dems dont care cos they won, the republicans dont care cos it didnt happen to them, and the media doesnt care cos there's no money in it.

You are backing off a bit now, fine cause I could have misinterpreted who you are and what you believe. But you did seem suspicious and argued that Bushie is trying to affect the minds of all with the Al Queda video, but whatever.

My point is that the media is complicit, they are supposed to ask the questions but no one is. The RNC doesn't care to, because they did have a couple of races they could have contested and I am glad they did not. The DNC would have been screaming if things didn't go there way I believe, and yes the media would have reported it. But if the DNC had lost and not screamed about it....what is your prediction of what would have happened?

I know what mine is, there would be articles written for the next two years about election fraud and how people were disenfrachised. Media is more than a business - it is some form of a collective brain washing tool used to win elections, control governments, change foreign and domestic policy. Which begs the question, even though it seem disorganized at times, who or what is behind it all, where will it be in fifty years? That really is something to be afraid of I think.
    WindNoSail wrote:
    You are backing off a bit now, fine cause I could have misinterpreted who you are and what you believe. But you did seem suspicious and argued that Bushie is trying to affect the minds of all with the Al Queda video, but whatever.

My point is that the media is complicit, they are supposed to ask the questions but no one is. The RNC doesn't care to, because they did have a couple of races they could have contested and I am glad they did not. The DNC would have been screaming if things didn't go there way I believe, and yes the media would have reported it. But if the DNC had lost and not screamed about it....what is your prediction of what would have happened?

I know what mine is, there would be articles written for the next two years about election fraud and how people were disenfrachised. Media is more than a business - it is some form of a collective brain washing tool used to win elections, control governments, change foreign and domestic policy. Which begs the question, even though it seem disorganized at times, who or what is behind it all, where will it be in fifty years? That really is something to be afraid of I think.

you are so full of shit i dont know where to start. find me one quote where i said bush had anything to do with that video? just one. i simply said it that the video meant nothing regardless of who released it. it coulda been bin laden himself, it still does not mean that we're all going to die now that the dems took congress. who's being paranoid?

1. if the DNC lost and nobody complained, ti would be ignored.

2. if the republicans feel there was fraud in certain elections, i sure as hell hope they'd have the courage to raise it as an issue and get it resolved.

3. sure our media is corrupt. but it's money, not a conspiracy. there's no organized "let's get the republicans" conspiracy in media. they go with whatever sells advertisements. it is not brainwashing, it is simply dumbed down to the lowest common denominator, which basically means it ends up being propaganda. who owns it? rich people, really rich people. and as long as they can keep making lots of money doing what they're doing, it's not going to change. it is slightly scary, but no more so than any other industry that has a mindless pursuit of profit without regard to the human cost. and that is simply america these days. people and values are all expendable.
  • jeffbr wrote:

BINGO!! We have a winner!!
  • I saw a few stories about voter fraud, they just didn't bubble their way to the top.

Anyone who ignores the Diebold machines, Dem or Rep, is just stupid. Paper trailless voting machines are an accident waiting to happen.
  • PaperPlatesPaperPlates Posts: 1,745
    BINGO!! We have a winner!!

Or a big bunch of losers. Depends on how you look at them. ;)
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,478
    WindNoSail wrote:
    there was big time fraud in florida

the dems should have won bigger,but we're nice like that

its funny that this is all the right has to stand on

laaahhh oooooooooooooooooooooo zzzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrsssssssss :)
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • WMAWMA Posts: 175
    WALDENBURG, Ark. Nov 11, 2006 (AP)— Randy Wooten figured he'd get at least one vote in his bid for mayor of this town of 80 people even if it was just his own.

He didn't. Now he has to decide whether to file a formal protest.

"I had at least eight or nine people who said they voted for me, so something is wrong with this picture," Wooten said.

"It's our understanding from talking with the secretary of state's office that a court order would have to be obtained in order to open the machine and check the totals," Payne said. "The votes were cast on an electronic voting machine, but paper ballots were available."

from: http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=2646802&CMP=OTC-RSSFeeds0312

When you are talking digital voting machines, errors like this just shouldn't happen. No 'hanging chads' etc.

It is obvious some sort of hardcopy is needed with these machines.

edit: oops, left out the part that said he voted for himself.
  • It's just so dam funny. When the pubs lose, it's cut and dry. they pack their shit and get out of office. dems lose, there are a hundred fucking investigations, bitching, screaming, saying how things were stolen etc.. Then when they win, you hear crickets. LMAO!!!!!!

hypocrites
  • If there is any indication of election fraud, an investigation should be done. I don't care who won, but if they did not win honestly, then they should be taken into custody.
  • The republicans only cheat during Presidential elections. Their were hundreds if not thousands of problems witht he diebold voting machines, some districts stayed open almost a full day late to compensate for the machines screwing up, but it was a decisive victory for the Democrats. The Republicans now know they will have to cheat harder next time.
  • The republicans only cheat during Presidential elections. Their were hundreds if not thousands of problems witht he diebold voting machines, some districts stayed open almost a full day late to compensate for the machines screwing up, but it was a decisive victory for the Democrats. The Republicans now know they will have to cheat harder next time.

that is fucking pricelss!
  • you are so full of shit i dont know where to start. find me one quote where i said bush had anything to do with that video? just one. i simply said it that the video meant nothing regardless of who released it. it coulda been bin laden himself, it still does not mean that we're all going to die now that the dems took congress. who's being paranoid?

1. if the DNC lost and nobody complained, ti would be ignored.

2. if the republicans feel there was fraud in certain elections, i sure as hell hope they'd have the courage to raise it as an issue and get it resolved.

3. sure our media is corrupt. but it's money, not a conspiracy. there's no organized "let's get the republicans" conspiracy in media. they go with whatever sells advertisements. it is not brainwashing, it is simply dumbed down to the lowest common denominator, which basically means it ends up being propaganda. who owns it? rich people, really rich people. and as long as they can keep making lots of money doing what they're doing, it's not going to change. it is slightly scary, but no more so than any other industry that has a mindless pursuit of profit without regard to the human cost. and that is simply america these days. people and values are all expendable.

Ok, so I am wrong...got you mixed up with another poster....

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Songburst
    I'm just saying that the timing is a bit weird. It seems that whenever there is a controversy or an election, one of these tapes comes out. Keep in mind, that I couldn't care less about Republican / Democrat party lines as I am from north of the border, but it seems like these things get out just so that Joe Blue Collar remembers that he should be reminded that the Bush administration is working very hard to protect him.

My response:
    I don't know how common logical sense could get you to connect the propoganda video from terrorists with the US govt/media...not everything is contrarian....not everything is not as it seems....some things are actually real.

It makes no sense, you are trying to say that our govt or any govt for that matter is running the media to the point they could get this video out to alter peoples opinions and say 'see how wrong you were to elect the Democrats, now we have even more to fear from the terrorists and you should have voted Republican'...to is so inconsistent with all other facts.

If our government had this power, then they would have put it out BEFORE the election, right? What good is it afterwards? I can't believe I am even having to argue this point, but I did ask a second time if this is what you all are thinking and you say yes...so I am not being crazy, right? (That is the third time, sorry it is hard to take).

So does anyone else see this statements/video of either Chavez or the Al Queda dude as some sort of US govt plot?

Your response:

wasnt it common knowledge that al-quaeda wanted to blow up the white house? did you need this tape to know that was on their agenda?

sheesh... and YOU want to be the party in charge of our security?

End

So, soulsing and songburst are rather similar user names...and you were responding to my question in such a way that I thought it was supportive of the belief that we are disagreeing on..

So, you probably think I am still full of shit I guess.
    WindNoSail wrote:
    Ok, so I am wrong...got you mixed up with another poster....

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Songburst
    I'm just saying that the timing is a bit weird. It seems that whenever there is a controversy or an election, one of these tapes comes out. Keep in mind, that I couldn't care less about Republican / Democrat party lines as I am from north of the border, but it seems like these things get out just so that Joe Blue Collar remembers that he should be reminded that the Bush administration is working very hard to protect him.

My response:
    I don't know how common logical sense could get you to connect the propoganda video from terrorists with the US govt/media...not everything is contrarian....not everything is not as it seems....some things are actually real.

It makes no sense, you are trying to say that our govt or any govt for that matter is running the media to the point they could get this video out to alter peoples opinions and say 'see how wrong you were to elect the Democrats, now we have even more to fear from the terrorists and you should have voted Republican'...to is so inconsistent with all other facts.

If our government had this power, then they would have put it out BEFORE the election, right? What good is it afterwards? I can't believe I am even having to argue this point, but I did ask a second time if this is what you all are thinking and you say yes...so I am not being crazy, right? (That is the third time, sorry it is hard to take).

So does anyone else see this statements/video of either Chavez or the Al Queda dude as some sort of US govt plot?

Your response:

wasnt it common knowledge that al-quaeda wanted to blow up the white house? did you need this tape to know that was on their agenda?

sheesh... and YOU want to be the party in charge of our security?

End

So, soulsing and songburst are rather similar user names...and you were responding to my question in such a way that I thought it was supportive of the belief that we are disagreeing on..

So, you probably think I am still full of shit I guess.

no, i think you're both full of shit. you're both proposing equally nutty and ridiculous conspiracy theories, only from opposite ends of the spectrum. s/he thinks bush planned this video and released it for political gain, you think the release of this video by terrorists is evidence that we're all fucked becos the dems won big in this election and the terrorists are stepping it up now. they're not. same shit they've always said and done.
  • evenkatevenkat Posts: 380
    Well the election did go the way I wanted it to turn out. However there were many voting problems reported especially using electronic voting machines. Many problems occurred for both major parties.

http://www.votersunite.org/electionproblems.asp?offset=160&sort=&selectstate=&selectproblemtype=

Date - Problem - State - County/Counties - Problem

11/12/2006 - Machine malfunction - TX - Nacogdoches County. Eight eSlate electronic voting machines malfunctioned on election day. One broke down while a voter was using it. Vendor technicians were called to fix it.

11/11/2006 - Machine malfunction - AR - Poinsett County. Candidate for mayor of Waldenburg voted for himself on the iVotronic, but the tally shows he received no votes. Eight or nine other people said they also voted for him.

11/11/2006 - Machine malfunction - ID - Bannock County. M100s couldn't read ballots. "voting machine malfunctions caused serious election night complications."

11/10/2006 - Machine malfunction - AR - Carroll County. Officials had trouble merging totals from early voting, absentee ballots, and election day. ES&S technician didn't know how to help them.

11/10/2006 - Machine malfunction - CA - Tehama County. A computer malfunction incorrectly labeled 500 paper polling-place ballots as absentee ballots. The Sequoia representative didn't know the cause of the problem. Assistant Clerk and Recorder Bev Ross said she was told machines had been incorrectly set to receive information for the wrong type of machine, although she wasn't certain of the cause Thursday.

11/10/2006 - Machine malfunction - CA - Mendocino County. Diebold memory cards were corrupted, losing votes counted on optical scanners. Ballots will be recounted in the canvass process.

11/10/2006 - Machine malfunction - FL - Charlotte, Sumter, and Lee Counties. Excessive "undervotes" in the contest for state attorney general. 21%, 22%, and 18% respectively. Officials speculate that the contest was not obvious on the ES&S iVotronic screen, but wonder why voters didn't notice the undervote on the review screen. Note: In other counties using the iVotronic (Broward, Miami-Dade), voters complained that the contest did not appear on their screens.

11/10/2006 - Machine malfunction - IN - Marion County. Doris Anne Sadler, Marion County Clerk, is unable to retrieve the votes from 520 ES&S iVotronic machines. The explanation? That is because the voting machine maker, ES&S, had programmed the machines for Pennsylvania's polls, which were open from 6:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m.

11/10/2006 - Machine malfunction - NJ - Ocean County. Votes from one Sequoia Advantage memory cartridge were counted twice "and some were also added to vote totals for the U.S. Senate, county freeholder and county sheriff races in Lakewood." The problems, officials said, all stemmed from a fault in computer software provided by Sequoia Voting Systems."

11/10/2006 - Machine malfunction - NV - Nye County. Flawed programming on the Sequoia touch screen system caused tally problems. The tally program would only read header cards in precinct order, and not all the precinct numbers are used in the county.

11/9/2006 - Machine malfunction - AK - Anchorage. Diebold memory cards malfunctioned.

11/9/2006 - Poor design - AR - Faulkner County. Problems merging early voting totals with election day cause officials to call ES&S to walk them through the process. Initially, the early vote totals were added twice to the totals.

11/9/2006 - Poor design - CA - Riverside and San Bernadino Counties. Printer problems caused long lines and many voters left without voting. The culprit was the limits of the printer-verification system attached to Sequoia electronic voting machines, registrar officials said.

11/9/2006 - Machine malfunction - FL - Hillsborough County. An unknown cause hindered votes from being retrieved from three electronic voting machines. Sequoia technicians fixed the problem.

11/9/2006 - Machine malfunction - GA - Bibb County. Vote-switching on Diebold touch screens. Malfunctioning machine taken out of service.

11/9/2006 - Machine malfunction - GA - Bibb County. Problems reading memory cards. "The server receiving data from the memory cards had the incorrect host name and wouldn't read the information, Carr said. Technicians were able to fix the problem, which also happened during the July primary."

11/9/2006 - Malfeasance - GA - Bibb County. Malfunctioning Diebold machine taken out of service, put back into use when lines get long. The machine was initially shut down, but when long lines started to develop during the day, it was brought back into use, she said. Voters were told to be careful selecting their candidates and to review their ballots, she said, adding that she didn't think any voters cast incorrect ballots.

11/9/2006 - Machine malfunction - KY - Bell, Bullitt, Breckinridge, Henry, LaRue, Livingston, Marion, Pulaski, Union, Warren, Wayne, Webster and Woodford Counties. Scanners used to read absentee ballots weren't working properly.

11/9/2006 - Machine malfunction - KY - Scott, Woodford, Bourbon, Boyle, Bullitt, Daviess, Grant and Nelson Counties. Trouble combining totals from the old Danaher 1242 machines and the new Hart InterCivic eSlate machines caused headaches and long hours for election officials. Democratic House Speaker Jody Richards yesterday called the new electronic voting machines "horrible."

11/9/2006 - Machine malfunction - KY - Vote-switching on the Hart InterCivic eSlate e-voting machine was reported to the Attorney General. The eSlate is not a touch screen machine.

11/9/2006 - Machine malfunction - ME - Waterville. Diebold scanners malfunction. Results show 27,000 votes in a town with 16,000 registered voters.

11/9/2006 - Machine malfunction - PA - Luzerne County. Vote-switching reported on the ES&S iVotronic. Evelyn Graham, a Hazleton City Councilwoman, said she touched the box for Republican gubernatorial candidate Lynn Swann, and it highlighted as her selection. But when she moved on to the next race and picked Republican senatorial candidate Rick Santorum, Graham said she noticed that Rendell’s name had become highlighted as her selection. Graham said she returned to the governor’s race, de-selected Rendell and selected Swann. “I did it four to six times, and each time it changed back to Rendell.” ... "I do not believe that there is an honest election possible anymore with these machines." Another voter had her vote for Republican Santorum vote changed to Democrat Casey.

11/9/2006 - Poor design - PA - Lancaster County. A third of the county's 232 polling stations experienced malfunctions on the Hart InterCivic eScan ballot scanners. In many cases, the memory cards were test cards, not set up for election results.

11/9/2006 - Machine malfunction - TN - Knox County. Circuitry in a Hart InterCivic eSlate fails, calling into question over 2600 e-ballots. Knox County Election Commission Chair Pamela Reeves explains what happened to the machine. "Apparently, what it did was it smoked. I don't know what caused it to smoke, but it was literally smoking. So they unhooked it at the time. Of course, we don't read the votes and we didn't know there was a problem until we went to read the votes Tuesday night."

11/9/2006 - Poor design - TX - Hill County. The computer operator couldn't get the votes from paper ballots to combine with votes submitted electronically, delaying the results. The operator was an ES&S technician.

11/9/2006 - Too few ballots - TX Falls County. A shortage of paper ballots forced many voters to use the eSlate e-voting machines instead, causing long lines and long waits.

11/9/2006 - Machine malfunction - VA - Fairfax County. Vote-switching on the WINVote e-voting machines. Voters report that when they touch the screen for one U.S. Senate candidate, the other would be selected.

11/8/2006 - Machine malfunction - AR - Benton County. Printers in the ES&S iVotronic jammed.

11/8/2006 - Machine malfunction - AR - Clark County. Unity software compiling results from the ES&S iVotronics added in the test ballots. Same thing happened in the primary.

11/8/2006 - Machine malfunction - AR - Sharp County. Votes tabulated on the ES&S software showed up multiple times. Some iVotronics had paper jams, delaying voting. The program glitch was allowing votes from precincts which had been counted earlier to show up on the tally sheet multiple times, as the votes from each succeeding precinct were counted. Story Archive
    11/8/2006 Machine malfunction AR Benton County. Possible computer error with ES&S iVotronics. McCarthy said some indicators from the election results Tuesday led him to wonder whether the summary reports from voting machines reflected actual vote totals. He said he did not want to elaborate on what those indicators were. A recount could affect every race, he said.

11/09/06 update -- The problem may be corrupted result data.

11/10/06 update -- ES&S tabulation software subtracted votes as new totals were added. "Each time the election workers submit new precincts, votes already recorded were lost." The corrected totals show a change in the outcomes of 8 races.

11/11/06 update -- Questions remain as some towns report more votes than the entire population of the town. Others report unusually low turnout. The countywide turnout is reported at 83%, which many agree is not believable. McCarthy is working with ES&S to determine what has happened.

11/8/2006 - Machine malfunction - AR - Lawrence County. Undefined problems with the ES&S iVotronics forced some voters to use paper ballots.

11/8/2006 - Machine malfunction - CA - San Diego County. Paper jams on the Diebold touch screen machines in Vista.

11/8/2006 - Machine malfunction - CA - Across the state: "Voters ran into a veritable zoo of problems at polls across California, from power outages to jammed ballot scanners to electronic voting machines designed for access to disabled voters that either wouldn't work or weren't handicapped accessible. Problems with touch screens and electronic ballot marking devices were reported in San Joaquin, San Diego, San Bernardino, Orange, Sacramento and Contra Costa counties, representing the products of every major voting machine vendor."

11/8/2006 - Machine malfunction - CA - San Joachin County. Diebold touch screens malfunctioned and polling places ran out of English ballots.

11/8/2006 - Machine malfunction - CA - Santa Clara County. Five Sequoia Edge touch screens broke down.

11/8/2006 - Machine malfunction - CA - Marin County - San Francisco. Scanners wouldn't accept the first page of the ballot.

11/8/2006 - E-Poll book malfunction - CO - Denver. E-poll books failed, computers crashed and voting machines broke down across the city, causing long lines and waits up to three hours. Computer glitches prevented thousands of residents from voting, piles of absentee ballots are still to be counted, and Denver Auditor Dennis Gallagher today asked that Denver's two elected voting commissioners - Susan Roger and Sandy Adams - resign and that the mayor fire Clerk and Recorder Wayne Vaden as well as the entire senior staff of the election commission, including executive director John Gaydeski.

11/8/2006 - Too few machines - CO - Douglas County. The county's 300 eSlates weren't enough to handle the turnout with such a long ballot, says the County Clerk in an apology to the voters. 200 more are needed to avoid long lines.

11/8/2006 - Machine malfunction - FL - Sarasota County. The Jennings-Buchanan Congressional race was impacted by ES&S iVotronics malfunctions. The race did not show up on some screens, and dozens of voters complained that their selections did not appear on the review screen. There were more than 18,000 undervotes in that contest, while the contest above and below it on the ballot had fewer than 2000 undervotes. Jennings attorneys say the law allows a recount for the small margin (less than 1/4%), and they believe machine problems caused a loss of votes.

11-9-06 Update. While the touch screen undervote in the Jenning-Buchanan race was 13% in the county, paper absentee ballots showed a 1.8% undervote in that race.

The above is just from 1 page out of 5 pages of voting problems reported. Open the above link and read on. Once again voting problems affected both major parties - something needs to be done.
    "...believe in lies...to get by...it's divine...whoa...oh, you know what its like..."
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    http://www.wtvr.com/Global/story.asp?S=5648865&nav=menu79_2

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) - The FBI says it is looking into reports of voter intimidation in several Virginia counties. Jean Jensen is the secretary of the State Board of Elections. She says the FBI is investigating because the State Board of Elections lacks investigative power. Jensen says voters in Covington, Hampton and Colonial Heights and the counties of Accomack, Chesterfield, Northampton and Fairfax reported getting telephone calls in recent days falsely informing them their voting place had changed. Arlington County resident Timothy Daly says he got a phone message Sunday from the so-called Virginia Elections Commission. Daly was told he was registered to vote in New York. But Daly says he has been registered to vote in Virginia since 1998. He says he has filed a criminal complaint with local prosecutors.

(Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
    Brian
  • jeffbr wrote:

though i voted a total blue board when i voted, i was shocked at what i was hearing. the same people that came out after the 04 election and talked about the ignorant voting class being uninformed and how the election was stolen again, somehow, are now talking about the same ignorant, disinformed people getting out and doing their civil duty. well, people were doing their civil duty in 04, and 00. how is it so different now? and, why are the republicans not crying about the loss and blaming it on fraud and disinformation?
    I'll dig a tunnel
    from my window to yours
  • chopitdownchopitdown Posts: 2,222
    and, why are the republicans not crying about the loss and blaming it on fraud and disinformation?

no victim mentality
    make sure the fortune that you seek...is the fortune that you need
  • It's just so dam funny. When the pubs lose, it's cut and dry. they pack their shit and get out of office. dems lose, there are a hundred fucking investigations, bitching, screaming, saying how things were stolen etc.. Then when they win, you hear crickets. LMAO!!!!!!

hypocrites

100% correct, and really really pathetic on the dems part.
  • chopitdown wrote:
    no victim mentality

that's what i was saying without saying it.
    I'll dig a tunnel
    from my window to yours
  • 100% correct, and really really pathetic on the dems part.

i thought you were too busy shotgunning beers and smashing the empty cans on your head to have a thought on politics...hahahahahahaha
    I'll dig a tunnel
    from my window to yours
  • WindNoSail wrote:
    LOLLLLLLL at that!

dude did u see Ann Coulter's article about that.I try an post it on hear.
    I’d thank my lucky stars,
    to be livin here today.
    ‘Cause the flag still stands for freedom,
    and they can’t take that away.

And I’m proud to be an American,
    where at least I know I’m free.
    And I wont forget the men who died,
    who gave that right to me.
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Dino283 wrote:
    LOLLLLLLL at that!

dude did u see Ann Coulter's article about that.I try an post it on hear.

I can't wait. I bet it's riveting.
    chopitdown wrote:
    no victim mentality

im afraid that might be the case.

it's kinda sad in this country when these are our choices. a whiny party with no ideas, versus a self-righteous party of wrong ideas.
  • RainDogRainDog Posts: 1,831
    There was a lot of talk about possible voting "irregularities" in the months leading up to elections - and some talk afterward (we're having one here right now, after all).

Here's my "conspiracy theory" - there was so much scrutiny going in to the election, an election with many different candidates and races making national news, that fraud was simply more difficult and not as much of a factor. Like a bank that finally hires some decent security guards after being robbed numerous times. Then, of course, we'd get people saying "I don't know why we got all them security guards looking around everywhere - we ain't had no robberies at all today!!"

Aside from that, though, I still do not trust computerized voting. If there's a Republican that wants to push for verifiable systems, then, hey, there'd be a Republican I agreed with.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    I wouldn't mind getting a recipt when I vote.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.