if americans knew...

El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
edited July 2006 in A Moving Train
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERX8WpM_cRg&eurl=

i liked the video of the idf holding a palestinian down while they beat him w/ a rock...:(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWdEjGrbcPQ&eurl=

i wonder why the idf was throwing that little boy into their jeep?
standin above the crowd
he had a voice that was strong and loud and
i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
eager to identify with
someone above the crowd
someone who seemed to feel the same
someone prepared to lead the way
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• AbuskedtiAbuskedti Posts: 1,917
    "Now is the time to make real the promises of democracy"
  • hailhailkchailhailkc Posts: 582
    El_Kabong wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERX8WpM_cRg&eurl=

i liked the video of the idf holding a palestinian down while they beat him w/ a rock...:(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWdEjGrbcPQ&eurl=

i wonder why the idf was throwing that little boy into their jeep?

I always hear you say how you realize that atrocities happen on both sides of this war…yet you never post anything about the atrocities and horrors committed by the Palestenian militants. It's always about the Israelis doing wrong, with every single solitary post and thread you make about the topic. It's like with the pictures you posted the other day in the "and this is justified b/c?" thread. Someone else said that there "are evil people everywhere"… and then you said that "you never said otherwise"

Yet, even though you never did say otherwise, you never seem TO say anything about the actions of the Palestenians. I think sometimes what you DON'T say, speaks just as loudly as what you DO say. Does it not?

Why didn't you post 3 pictures of tragedies committed by the Israelis, and 3 pictures of tragedies committed by the Palestenians? Then I would have seen your point.

I hope you don't think that just because some kids have to throw rocks at tanks, that when they grow up and get the chance to fire homemade rockets at innocent Israeli suburbs…that they've somehow earned that right, and that it's okay to do it because they've been "oppressed" and "occupied" by the Israeli and United States "military industrial complex". Even if you think that, (which I never said you did, I'm just wondering if you do), wouldn't you agree that it doesn't exactly make it right?

No one denies that death and horror comes as a result of war, with either side. I think we can both agree on that. I've always been willing to admit that a Hellfire missle that kills an innocent family of four is NOT a good thing…but you seem to be pushing this agenda that Israel is ALWAYS the evil half of this battle. I hope your not easily swayed by a quicktime video with a voiceover from Dr. Marten Luther King Jr., and some church choir music in the background that shows the IDF walking down a street in slow motion with the implied idea of them being some type of stormtrooper shock brigrade.

I don't know, I just hear a lot of rhetoric these days about people wanting to wipe Israel off the map. And it's not ALWAYS NOW coming from evangelical Christians like me toting and thumping their Bible around preaching "the ring of Jesus fire"…it's coming from the leaders of Iran, and groups like Hezbollah and Hamas. Palestine has been offered their nation state more than once, and yet they continually decline and request more and more of the Israeli people. I wonder if this war is truly about land, or, more about the destruction of Israel and the persecution of the Jewish people…like the sands of time throughout history have shown us.
    MOSSAD NATO Alphabet Stations (E10)
    High Traffic ART EZI FTJ JSR KPA PCD SYN ULX VLB YHF
    Low Traffic CIO MIW
    Non Traffic ABC BAY FDU GBZ HNC NDP OEM ROV TMS ZWL
  • ilanailana Posts: 78
    hailhailkc wrote:
    I always hear you say how you realize that atrocities happen on both sides of this war…yet you never post anything about the atrocities and horrors committed by the Palestenian militants. It's always about the Israelis doing wrong, with every single solitary post and thread you make about the topic. It's like with the pictures you posted the other day in the "and this is justified b/c?" thread. Someone else said that there "are evil people everywhere"… and then you said that "you never said otherwise"

Yet, even though you never did say otherwise, you never seem TO say anything about the actions of the Palestenians. I think sometimes what you DON'T say, speaks just as loudly as what you DO say. Does it not?

Why didn't you post 3 pictures of tragedies committed by the Israelis, and 3 pictures of tragedies committed by the Palestenians? Then I would have seen your point.

I hope you don't think that just because some kids have to throw rocks at tanks, that when they grow up and get the chance to fire homemade rockets at innocent Israeli suburbs…that they've somehow earned that right, and that it's okay to do it because they've been "oppressed" and "occupied" by the Israeli and United States "military industrial complex". Even if you think that, (which I never said you did, I'm just wondering if you do), wouldn't you agree that it doesn't exactly make it right?

No one denies that death and horror comes as a result of war, with either side. I think we can both agree on that. I've always been willing to admit that a Hellfire missle that kills an innocent family of four is NOT a good thing…but you seem to be pushing this agenda that Israel is ALWAYS the evil half of this battle. I hope your not easily swayed by a quicktime video with a voiceover from Dr. Marten Luther King Jr., and some church choir music in the background that shows the IDF walking down a street in slow motion with the implied idea of them being some type of stormtrooper shock brigrade.

I don't know, I just hear a lot of rhetoric these days about people wanting to wipe Israel off the map. And it's not ALWAYS NOW coming from evangelical Christians like me toting and thumping their Bible around preaching "the ring of Jesus fire"…it's coming from the leaders of Iran, and groups like Hezbollah and Hamas. Palestine has been offered their nation state more than once, and yet they continually decline and request more and more of the Israeli people. I wonder if this war is truly about land, or, more about the destruction of Israel and the persecution of the Jewish people…like the sands of time throughout history have shown us.
    i agree compleatlly
  • hailhailkc wrote:

They may both be wrong, which is obvious and goes without saying even...but they are far from equal when it comes to the amount of harm and damage inflicted. I don't shoot a man dead for smacking me....in this regard, I can't afford to be neutral on a moving train.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    hailhailkc wrote:

and isn't it funny that one of the countries w/ the hardest anti-israel rhetoric was sold over 2,000 TOW missiles from the US w/ Israel as the middle man in the deals??

anyway, i've said numerous times that suicide bombings and those actions are wrong.

i think israel is more in the wrong b/c they provoke a lot of the things and they are also the superpower in the equation (compared to the palesitinians)
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
    hailhailkc wrote:

Couldn't have said it any better. Well put and Spot on!!!!!!
    They may both be wrong, which is obvious and goes without saying even...but they are far from equal when it comes to the amount of harm and damage inflicted. I don't shoot a man dead for smacking me....in this regard, I can't afford to be neutral on a moving train.

What happened to the idea of every life being valuable and equal? Just because one side has more military equipment than the other, doesn't give the side with "less than" the right to do whatever they want, even if it's on a smaller scale, wouldn't you agree? It sounds to me like you're rooting for the "underdog", even if the "underdog" is doing the same thing that you're preaching against, but just on a smaller scale. And these Palestenian militants have done much more than just "smack" Israel in the past, wouldn't you agree?
    Low Traffic CIO MIW
    El_Kabong wrote:
    i think israel is more in the wrong b/c they provoke a lot of the things and they are also the superpower in the equation (compared to the palesitinians)

Okay. I disagree on the provoking issue, but I would consider that to be a fair answer.
    Low Traffic CIO MIW
  • hailhailkc wrote:
    What happened to the idea of every life being valuable and equal? Just because one side has more military equipment than the other, doesn't give the side with "less than" the right to do whatever they want, even if it's on a smaller scale, wouldn't you agree? It sounds to me like you're rooting for the "underdog", even if the "underdog" is doing the same thing that you're preaching against, but just on a smaller scale. And these Palestenian militants have done much more than just "smack" Israel in the past, wouldn't you agree?

Yes, every life is equal in value. It is the higher % in loss of life and amount of force being inflicted on one side that i take issue with.

they have done more than smack Israel, of course, but Israel has done more than shoot one person as well....it was an analogy.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
    Yes, every life is equal in value. It is the higher % in loss of life and amount of force being inflicted on one side that i take issue with.

they have done more than smack Israel, of course, but Israel has done more than shoot one person as well....it was an analogy.

I understand it was an analogy smarty pants…it was simply an analogy that I disagreed with. :p And yes, Israel has done more than shoot one person as well.

I think they've only ever shot two people, total. ;):D
    Low Traffic CIO MIW
  • rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917

The problem with this view is that it completely ignores the impact that Palestinian behavior has on Isreali reprisals. Where do you think some of the brutality ultimately stems from? There is an imbalance in terms of casualty rates, but it is not because one side is more guilty than the other.
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,322
    hailhailkc wrote:

Are you saying they haven't been oppressed and occupied?! Because if you are, how?!?!?! And I wouldn't put it in the sense of Palestinians having a "right" to strike back, but I think their reaction is within normal human behavior and understandable. I mean, it a terrible situation and no one like to be at war, but if they see no other way out, then that's what they will resort to. I can completely sympathize with that.

hailhailkc wrote:
    Palestine has been offered their nation state more than once, and yet they continually decline and request more and more of the Israeli people.

Oh sure, and I guess they ought to have said "Yes, thanks for 'offering' our homes back to us, well, except for all those towns you wiped off the map and won't let us return to, but thanks so much for offering us at least part of our country back! Such nice chaps you are!"

And if you say "Well, there never was a Palestinian state"? Is a formal independent state really a necessary requirement for a homeland?
    Kenny Olav wrote:
    Are you saying they haven't been oppressed and occupied?! Because if you are, how?!?!?!

Yes, I am saying that. The only people who oppress and "occupy" the Palestenian people are their very own political, social and spiritual leaders. These people continually foster the idea that the "Zionists" are on their land, and that this conflict can't be solved without driving Israel into the sea. People like the leaders of Iran and Syria continually aide these organizations like Hamas and Hezbollah too, so that they can use the people as a tool of their own selfish desire and hatred for anything Israeli. They oppress them too. Why aren't Iran and Syria supplying the Palestenians with building materials and food? Radical Islam is to blame, not Israel. Radical Islam has driven away the truth of Jesus Christ and the Bible from these people, and instead replaced it with a satanically inspired fanaticism that has led these people in the wrong direction, both morally and spiritually. That's why they will never find peace, financial prosperity, or food or shelter that is adequate. Satan's ulitmate goal is the destruction of Israel, to prevent the coming of Christ, and he uses these radical Islamists through his guile and influence to do his bidding. And yes, I just said that…and I really believe it and mean it. All you have to do is look at the nations who believe in God and the Bible, and then compare them to the nations who follow these ideals of Islam, and then compare the two to see who God has allowed to prosper, and who he has allowed to suffer via their faith.
    Kenny Olav wrote:
    And I wouldn't put it in the sense of Palestinians having a "right" to strike back, but I think their reaction is within normal human behavior and understandable. I mean, it a terrible situation and no one like to be at war, but if they see no other way out, then that's what they will resort to. I can completely sympathize with that.

Then why don't you support Israel in the same regard? Don't you think their reaction is within "normal human behavior and understandable"? I mean, it a terrible situation and no one like to be at war, but if they see no other way out, then that's what they will resort to. Can't you sympathize with that too?
    Kenny Olav wrote:
    And if you say "Well, there never was a Palestinian state"? Is a formal independent state really a necessary requirement for a homeland?

There never was a Palestenian state, and no, it's not a requirement for a homeland…but it's not a good reason to continually provoke, attack, kill, kidnapp and hate either. If something belongs to me, and I offer to give you a piece of it to appease you, it's not right for you to want to take the whole thing from me. If anything, the Jews have capitulated more than they probably should have.

But, the whole thing is based on the Bible and religon anyway, so there's really no sense in discussing it, since most people here don't believe in Jesus or the Bible anyway. You can read the whole story there, and even know how it's going to end. I'll tell you this much, Israel isn't going anywhere.
    Low Traffic CIO MIW
  • flywallyflyflywallyfly Posts: 1,453
    hailhailkc wrote:
    Radical Islam has driven away the truth of Jesus Christ and the Bible from these people, and instead replaced it with a satanically inspired fanaticism that has led these people in the wrong direction, both morally and spiritually. That's why they will never find peace, financial prosperity, or food or shelter that is adequate. Satan's ulitmate goal is the destruction of Israel, to prevent the coming of Christ, and he uses these radical Islamists through his guile and influence to do his bidding. And yes, I just said that…and I really believe it and mean it. All you have to do is look at the nations who believe in God and the Bible, and then compare them to the nations who follow these ideals of Islam, and then compare the two to see who God has allowed to prosper, and who he has allowed to suffer via their faith.

What about all the Christians living in dire poverty and war in our own hemisphere? Is that Islam's fault as well? Why has God not allowed these poor nations in Central America and South America to prosper? What about Mexico? Are they not pious enough to God? Perhaps they need to interpret the bible differently to fall back into God's favor? Your argument makes no sense whatsoever. I thought you had made some pretty good arguments in these threads today about the situation until this.
  • buttersbutters Posts: 63
    What about all the Christians living in dire poverty and war in our own hemisphere? Is that Islam's fault as well? Why has God not allowed these poor nations in Central America and South America to prosper? What about Mexico? Are they not pious enough to God? Perhaps they need to interpret the bible differently to fall back into God's favor? Your argument makes no sense whatsoever. I thought you had made some pretty good arguments in these threads today about the situation until this.

don't forget ethiopia, and south america.
    Also, Japan aint christian.
    China and India are gaining power... not christian

Did God like the muslims better in the middle ages? Since they were more prosperous and all.

Its funny.. all this time I thought the west was ahead to to technology...
  • AbuskedtiAbuskedti Posts: 1,917
    This situation is bad. Israel is surrounded by people that hate them. Neither side is evil.. both sides believe in what they are fighting for and against.

The key issue here is the United States has taken sides, rather than aggressively working with leaders in the region towards resolution and Peace.

I suppose Israel is our little safe house in the Middle East - they serve a military purpose and therefore - the violence is ok.

We are building another in Iraq. Our attempt at widdling away at the region to gain control.

If this is wise and necessary.. then why can't they articulate it. Why the deceipt with the people and other nations. We are gambling that we can fashion a decided advantage militarily -

there is a line between the need for military and diplomatic secrets and abuse of misinformation.

I pray someday, we have leadership willing to walk that line.
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,322
    hailhailkc wrote:
    Yes, I am saying that. The only people who oppress and "occupy" the Palestenian people are their very own political, social and spiritual leaders. These people continually foster the idea that the "Zionists" are on their land, and that this conflict can't be solved without driving Israel into the sea.

But, the whole thing is based on the Bible and religon anyway, so there's really no sense in discussing it, since most people here don't believe in Jesus or the Bible anyway. You can read the whole story there, and even know how it's going to end. I'll tell you this much, Israel isn't going anywhere.

HAIL, I have been preparing a very long statement on this whole thing, which hopefully I will post soon, but basically I do have sympathy for the children of the founders of the Zionist moverment, and I even have some sympathy for the founders themselves. its just that ultimately Palestinians have earned more of my sympathy in terms of this land dispute.

however..... yes, Radical Islam, and even unradical Islam is fucking stupid!!!!!!!!!!!

and to put bluntly, putting "Zionists" in quotes does not make Zionism some kind of fantastical concept.... Israeli Prime Minsters call it Zionism, why can't you???!!!

and speaking of blatently fantastical concepts, like the God of the Bible, Satan and all that shit... well, fuck! why can't people stop believing in this shit?????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DAMN IT! THIS IS ONLY PLANET I HAVE TO LIVE ON! WHY THE FUCK DO I HAVE TO DEAL WITH THIS BULLSHIT?! FUCKING QUIT IT ALREADY, PEOPLE!!

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!