World War III?

Comments

• duffyduffy Posts: 74
    here's my opinion....fuck the middle east.

i'm tired of their tiring tiresome tired old shit.
  • OutOfBreathOutOfBreath Posts: 1,804
    bisepost wrote:
    The new video calling for attacks on the western world in general by Ayman al-Zawahiri is a huge step forward towards a huge war. It could unite the shiite and sunni sects, both of which have huge militias.

You know that most of the history down there is about how much the shi'ites and the sunnis hate eachother and war on eachother, right? I hardly see them jumping forward and uniting anytime soon.

And that an islamist guerilla leader go out on tv to rally support for his cause, well of course he will. How many will listen is something else entirely. It helps if you take in the fact that the muslims is no hive-mind, and that when all is said and done, they are all very familiar to us and what we do, although they have other practices and another history. Hizbollah and Al Qaeda is no world war, dangerous as they may be on a small scale.

A world war would require at least china and russia involved with the US in a conflict of sorts between them. A couple of thousand terrorists, and the armies of perhaps, what, 2 nations and rather small ones too, will not be a world war.

Peace
    Dan
    "YOU [humans] NEED TO BELIEVE IN THINGS THAT AREN'T TRUE. HOW ELSE CAN THEY BECOME?" - Death

"Every judgment teeters on the brink of error. To claim absolute knowledge is to become monstrous. Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty." - Frank Herbert, Dune, 1965
  • 69charger69charger Posts: 1,045
    bisepost wrote:
    This shit is getting out of control. I'm truly scared that a new World War could change the face of the world.

It's gotta get settled sooner rather than later. We must defeat radical Islam or this shit will happen for eternity. They want to be martyrs, I say we help them achieve that goal.

"Bring it on!"
  • AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    69charger wrote:
    It's gotta get settled sooner rather than later. We must defeat radical Islam or this shit will happen for eternity. They want to be martyrs, I say we help them achieve that goal.

"Bring it on!"

Radical Islam? Hey let's kill all the radical christians!
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Radical Islam? Hey let's kill all the radical christians!

I'm for that too. But abortion clinic bombers are a far less problem than (insert any one of thousands of Islamic terror organizations).
  • Eliot RosewaterEliot Rosewater Posts: 2,684
    69charger wrote:
    I'm for that too. But abortion clinic bombers are a far less problem than (insert any one of thousands of Islamic terror organizations).
    Unless you're working at the clinic, right? Killing is killing. I say that more than 1/2 of this "terrorist" bullshit is completely concocted in the pentagon anyway....I doubt dubya is staging attacks at planned parenthood. Plus, anyone who's for killing may as well be a terrorist. You certainly seem to fit the mold with your "Bring it on" attitude. Maybe you should enlist.
  • Infinity_NowInfinity_Now Posts: 188
    Some time ago a crazy dream came to me,
    I dreamt I was walkin' into World War Three,
    I went to the doctor the very next day
    To see what kinda words he could say.
    He said it was a bad dream.
    I wouldn't worry 'bout it none, though,
    They were my own dreams and they're only in my head.

I said, "Hold it, Doc, a World War passed through my brain."
    He said, "Nurse, get your pad, this boy's insane,"
    He grabbed my arm, I said "Ouch!"
    As I landed on the psychiatric couch,
    He said, "Tell me about it."

Well, the whole thing started at 3 o'clock fast,
    It was all over by quarter past.
    I was down in the sewer with some little lover
    When I peeked out from a manhole cover
    Wondering who turned the lights on.

Well, I got up and walked around
    And up and down the lonesome town.
    I stood a-wondering which way to go,
    I lit a cigarette on a parking meter
    And walked on down the road.
    It was a normal day.

Well, I rung the fallout shelter bell
    And I leaned my head and I gave a yell,
    "Give me a string bean, I'm a hungry man."
    A shotgun fired and away I ran.
    I don't blame them too much though,
    I know I look funny.

Down at the corner by a hot-dog stand
    I seen a man, I said, "Howdy friend,
    I guess there's just us two."
    He screamed a bit and away he flew.
    Thought I was a Communist.

Well, I spied a girl and before she could leave,
    "Let's go and play Adam and Eve."
    I took her by the hand and my heart it was thumpin'
    When she said, "Hey man, you crazy or sumpin',
    You see what happened last time they started."

Well, I seen a Cadillac window uptown
    And there was nobody aroun',
    I got into the driver's seat
    And I drove 42nd Street
    In my Cadillac.
    Good car to drive after a war.

Well, I remember seein' some ad,
    So I turned on my Conelrad.
    But I didn't pay my Con Ed bill,
    So the radio didn't work so well.
    Turned on my player-
    It was Rock-A-Day, Johnny singin',
    "Tell Your Ma, Tell Your Pa,
    Our Loves Are Gonna Grow Ooh-wah, Ooh-wah."

I was feelin' kinda lonesome and blue,
    I needed somebody to talk to.
    So I called up the operator of time
    Just to hear a voice of some kind.
    "When you hear the beep
    It will be three o'clock,"
    She said that for over an hour
    And I hung it up.

Well, the doctor interrupted me just about then,
    Sayin, "Hey I've been havin' the same old dreams,
    But mine was a little different you see.
    I dreamt that the only person left after the war was me.
    I didn't see you around."

Well, now time passed and now it seems
    Everybody's having them dreams.
    Everybody sees themselves walkin' around with no one else.
    Half of the people can be part right all of the time,
    Some of the people can be all right part of the time.
    But all the people can't be all right all the time
    I think Abraham Lincoln said that.
    "I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours,"
    I said that.
    You certainly seem to fit the mold with your "Bring it on" attitude. Maybe you should enlist.

Maybe I should. I've been thinking about it a lot lately. I'd love to kill some of these animals myself.
  • robbierobbie Posts: 880
    69charger wrote:
    Maybe I should. I've been thinking about it a lot lately. I'd love to kill some of these animals myself.

they dont have a recruiting station in wisconsin?
    robbie wrote:
    they dont have a recruiting station in wisconsin?

Yeah, and Washington State is close to the Canadian border right?
  • El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    69charger wrote:
    Yeah, and Washington State is close to the Canadian border right?

not the same thing
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • onelongsongonelongsong Posts: 3,517
    69charger wrote:

if we leave those who hate alone; they'll kill eachother and leave the world for the peaceful.
  • PeatricalPeatrical Posts: 59
    "So Abram rose, and clave the wood, and went,
    And took the fire with him, and a knife.
    And as they sojourned both of them together,
    Isaac the first-born spake and said, My Father,
    Behold the preparations, fire and iron,
    But where the lamb for this burnt-offering?
    Then Abram bound the youth with belts and straps,
    And builded parapets and trenches there,
    And stretched forth the knife to slay his son.
    When lo! an angel called him out of heaven,
    Saying, Lay not thy hand upon the lad,
    Neither do anything to him. Behold,
    A ram, caught in a thicket by its horns;
    Offer the Ram of Pride instead of him.

But the old man would not so, but slew his son,
    And half the seed of Europe, one by one."

Wilfred Owen

Just replace Europe with Lebanon or Israel or the USA or any other country involved. Why is it that hummanity can't learn to forgive/ If we keep pointing fingers at who started what conflict and who is doing what wrong we are just gunna blow the whole thing to hell. Why does it seem that this who recetn lebanon/israel conflict is more about pride than measured responses? A few casualties and a kidnapping lead to the broad based bombing and shelling of a nation. The reponse is not right. Commando raids to take out hezbollah leaders is one thing but the bombing and shelling is wrong. I don't belive this will lead to WWIII though. Maybe another war that the UN aproves like Korean, but nothing in the scope of World War I or II. However those wars did start over less...

(as for that one person: for the record France only surrendered in WWII, and that was 2 years into the war. Further more the treaty of Versaille was WWI...)
    El_Kabong wrote:
    not the same thing

Yes it is
    if we leave those who hate alone; they'll kill eachother and leave the world for the peaceful.

But they hate us...

I guess you didn't get the memo.
  • RushlimboRushlimbo Posts: 832
    69charger wrote:
    Yes it is

Haha. You are gung-ho until you realize you have to leave your computer screen. You are a chickenhawk and nothing more. No wonder you blindly follow the chickenhawks in this administration.
    War is Peace
    Freedom is Slavery
    Ignorance is Strength
    Rushlimbo wrote:
    Haha. You are gung-ho until you realize you have to leave your computer screen. You are a chickenhawk and nothing more. No wonder you blindly follow the chickenhawks in this administration.

You are a hypocrite and are complicit in the action of the government you hate because you continue to live here and pay taxes.

You have Iraqi blood on your hands.

Murderer!
  • onelongsongonelongsong Posts: 3,517
    69charger wrote:
    But they hate us...

I guess you didn't get the memo.

they can hate me all they want. they'll never find me. the government can't find me and they're trying.
    But they hate us...
    They hate you becuase your country never tried to understand them and has exploited them for years.

I always found it funny how all the CHRISTIAN proponents of American wars forget how Jesus said turn the other cheak. Yet, they still use the religous base of a nation to rally instant support.

Of course Islamic fanatics are guilty of this too. Be it politicians, popes, or radicals people should never use religion and faith to further their agendas.
    69charger wrote:
    You are a hypocrite and are complicit in the action of the government you hate because you continue to live here and pay taxes.

Murderer!

You have no idea where I live. Nice try. You live in the barnyard Chickenhawk.
    War is Peace
    Freedom is Slavery
    Ignorance is Strength
    Peatrical wrote:
    They hate you becuase your country never tried to understand them and has exploited them for years.

I always found it funny how all the CHRISTIAN proponents of American wars forget how Jesus said turn the other cheak.

Of course Islamic fanatics are guilty of this too. Be it politicians, popes, or radicals people should never use religion and faith to further their agendas.

I'm not Christian. I am an atheist.
  • 69charger wrote:

Murderer!

In a democracy you have every opportunity to try to change the things you dislike about the government. The govt is of the people and subject to change...there in lies the hope and need to stay here and fight for change.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
    Rushlimbo wrote:
    You have no idea where I live. Nice try. You live in the barnyard Chickenhawk.

You have the blood of innocent Iraqi children on YOUR hands!

Murderer!
    69charger wrote:
    I'm not Christian. I am an atheist.
    I wasn't directing that at you. I was talking about your policy makers who claim to be Christian, always say God bless yet forget the second of the two laws jesus thought to be most important.
    In a democracy you have every opportunity to try to change the things you dislike about the government. The govt is of the people and subject to change...there in lies the hope and need to stay here and fight for change.

So you continue to fund the armies murdering 'innocent' Arabs throught the world?
  • 69charger wrote:
    So you continue to fund the armies murdering 'innocent' Arabs throught the world?

I continue to also speak out against what I think is wrong and think this whole admin. should be removed for their crimes. I haven't given up on this country yet.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
    69charger wrote:
    You have the blood of innocent Iraqi children on YOUR hands!

Murderer!

No blood on these hands. I wish you would enlist and volunteer to man checkpoints in Baghdad. I know you wont because you are a scared little man, probably bullied all his life. But a tough guy on the keys.
    War is Peace
    Freedom is Slavery
    Ignorance is Strength
  • "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. "

-Albert Einstein
    "be a philosopher but, amid all your philosophy, be first a man" - david hume

Mitch Hedberg- RIP 1968-2005. your jokes have laughed me through a lot. I thank you.
    I haven't given up on this country yet.

But you continue to fund what you believe to be criminal acts?
    Rushlimbo wrote:
    No blood on these hands. I wish you would enlist and volunteer to man checkpoints in Baghdad. I know you wont because you are a scared little man, probably bullied all his life. But a tough guy on the keys.

I'm 6'4" 250 lbs. I have never been bullied and I never was a bully.

You are an accomplice to the murder of innocent Iraqi babies. You bought the bullets and bombs that tore through thier tiny bodies. You funded this war.

Murderer!