Marilyn Manson Appreciation Thread

Comments

• darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    I'm actually listening to Antichrist Superstar right now, and last night I listened to Mechanical Animals, and I'd had Holywood in my car last week. I can definately see the story coming out, it's an excellent concept behind the three albums. All in all I'd have to say the entire Tryptich is his best work (that being Holywood, Mechanial Animals, and Antichrist Superstar in that order). Apparently, his new album is supposed to go back to that sound and be very heavy and angry. I'm pumped!!

Also, I heard a rumor that James Iha was going to be his new touring guitarist. Anyone else heard this?
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • Since Manson kicked John5 off guitars, I haven't listened to him at all. No real reason, i'm sure they're new shit is good too, just haven't taken the time.
    "I feel the same way about disco as I do about herpes." - Dr. Hunter S. Thompson, 1977
    Since Manson kicked John5 off guitars, I haven't listened to him at all. No real reason, i'm sure they're new shit is good too, just haven't taken the time.

Well as I've previously stated, I think Tim Skold is the best guitarist he's had with him. Listen to "Putting Holes in Happiness," "Just a Car Crash Away," and "Evidence" off of "Eat Me, Drink Me." Lots of shredding, and lots of Neil Young influence.

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
  • bladworth116bladworth116 Posts: 344
    i'm a casual MM fan but i luv "Mechanical Animals". i don't know how much coke he did for that one or if Michael Beinhorn's production enhanced it but that disc is killer.
  • TsarinaLisaTsarinaLisa Posts: 205
    I have pretty much seen Manson on each tour. His newer stuff is OK but once you see him live....that is where he lives. He is an amazing performer.

Nobodies is my fav song.

Just saw him this year......

IMG_3191.jpg

IMG_3203.jpg bible burning photo, do not look if it will offend you

IMG_3200.jpg

IMG_3159.jpg
  • electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,457
    marilyn manson!!...~

<3<3<3
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

Does anyone have the Remixes and Repent album? I haven't seen it around but didn't want to get it if it sucked. I do have a two disc album called "White Trash" and another album of just rarities that I found online that has a version of Eye that he did with the Smashing Pumpkins. Highly recommended!!!

And just out of curiosity, does anyone know what MM has said about Pearl Jam or if he's said anything at all about them?

I know he likes Rage Against the Machine and absolutely hates My Chemical Romance (which I think is hilarious)

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
  • I have pretty much seen Manson on each tour. His newer stuff is OK but once you see him live....that is where he lives. He is an amazing performer.

Nobodies is my fav song.

Just saw him this year......

IMG_3191.jpg

IMG_3203.jpg bible burning photo, do not look if it will offend you

IMG_3200.jpg

IMG_3159.jpg

He's cool, although weird. I saw him New Year's Eve in 1998 I think the year was. Comes out looking like Hitler...wild!
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine"
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    seen him twice (once on Halloween :) and both times it was amazing
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Does anyone have the Remixes and Repent album? I haven't seen it around but didn't want to get it if it sucked. I do have a two disc album called "White Trash" and another album of just rarities that I found online that has a version of Eye that he did with the Smashing Pumpkins. Highly recommended!!!

And just out of curiosity, does anyone know what MM has said about Pearl Jam or if he's said anything at all about them?

I know he likes Rage Against the Machine and absolutely hates My Chemical Romance (which I think is hilarious)
    i use to have it but got rid of it (it was crapping up my collection). it wasn't anything special... live version of Antichrist Superstar, acoustic version of Man That You Fear (sounded pretty much the same) and i think there was one other live song... Dried Up, Tied and Dead to the World maybe... there was the Horrible People remix (shit) and a Tourniquet remix that was awesome. only thing is, it was an edited version. get the Tourniquet single for the 7 minute version.. much much better. at the end Manson keeps repeating the line "you never ever believed in me/you never ever believed."

Pumpkins "Eye" and Manson's "Apple of Sodom" along w/ "I Put A Spell On You" were from the Lost Highway soundtrack (check out Reznor's "Driver Down"!!). i use to have all those old bsides from all the singles and soundtracks but most of them are long gone. only things i still have are "Suicide Is Painless", "Five To One", "Golden Years", "Working Class Hero", "Coma White" acoustic, "Down In The Park", "Apple of Sodom"... i think that's it.
    there's some releases out there of oldass Spooky Kids recordings. never heard the physical releases, just stuff on bootlegs but the song "White Knuckles" is fucking awesome. "Thingmaker" was okay too if i remember... shit, it's been so long!
  • hodgehodge Posts: 519
    i think i'm in the mood for some cake & sodomy
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    I used to like Nobodies a few years ago... apart from that not into him. Was funny hearing Ed saying "beautiful people" in a MM type way when they played in Austria as MM playing the other stage.
    I BrisK I wrote:
    I used to like Nobodies a few years ago... apart from that not into him. Was funny hearing Ed saying "beautiful people" in a MM type way when they played in Austria as MM playing the other stage.

I bet that was hilarious!! Imagine Pearl Jam covering "The Beautiful People"....

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
  • I bet that was hilarious!! Imagine Pearl Jam covering "The Beautiful People"....
    :D. Eddie would wear the hooker boots and all the make up right?!?!
    "I feel the same way about disco as I do about herpes." - Dr. Hunter S. Thompson, 1977
    :D. Eddie would wear the hooker boots and all the make up right?!?!

That'd be outrageous!!!! And the rest of the band members wear makeup!!! And Jeff wears the sunglasses like Twiggy!!!

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
  • Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    Marilyn Manson... meh, been there, done that... (highschool).... graduated and meh... not really interested anymore, But I still respect his music and such... I'm excited about his movie though... more b/c I'm an Alice in Wonderland nut.
    Marilyn Manson... meh, been there, done that... (highschool).... graduated and meh... not really interested anymore, But I still respect his music and such... I'm excited about his movie though... more b/c I'm an Alice in Wonderland nut.

I'm also excited for his new movie as well. But I'm wanting him to release the book "Holy Wood" first.

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    I would like to also add that "The Long Hard Road Out of Hell" is a great read!!!

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
  • lalalalaaaaaaaalalalalaaaaaaaa Posts: 2,445
    Great artist...definitely need to see him live. I've heard nothing but great things about his show.

My favorite thing about him might be his covering abilities actually...I Put A Spell On You, Sweet Dreams, Rock n' Roll Nigger, etc. etc. All wonderfully done.
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Saturnal wrote:
    Great artist...definitely need to see him live. I've heard nothing but great things about his show.

My favorite thing about him might be his covering abilities actually...I Put A Spell On You, Sweet Dreams, Rock n' Roll Nigger, etc. etc. All wonderfully done.

Have you heard his version of Bowies Golden Years?
    Or the Doors Five to One? if not find them there amongst his best.:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
    Have you heard his version of Bowies Golden Years?
    Or the Doors Five to One? if not find them there amongst his best.:)

I'll have to check these out. Thanks for the recommendation!

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited September 2017
    New album announced and new single just released! :) Album is called Heaven Upside Down, coming out October 6th. New single is "We Know Where You Fucking Live" (posted below), lol. Good song title. The song is just okay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmblT8_9-7U&amp;feature=youtu.be

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Allegedly this album is going back to his older sound.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    Allegedly this album is going back to his older sound.
    Yes, judging from the single, it is. It's not the greatest song, but I definitely immediately thought, oh, he's gone old school. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    This reminds me.... where in the fuck are all the vinyl reissues Marilyn Manson??? :look_at_the_time: I don't have $400 - $500 for an original Antichrist Superstar or Mechanical Animals!
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    Lol at the song title that's fuckin rock n roll man
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Wish that cocksucker was touring around me. A couple years I got stuck behind his tour bus pulling into the Myrtle Beach HOB. Was tempted to hang out and try to get a peek.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    I don't mind the new song, and I may be on my own here, but thought his last album, The Pale Emperor, was excellent. Easily one of my fav albums of 2015. I really like his older stuff too, but thought Pale Emperor was a great sound
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    only have a few of his albums (smells like children on cassette, antichrist, golden age and lest we forget). 
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    Pale emperor was/is awesome.  Love that record, looking forward to this new one too.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.