Nada Surf Live

JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,211
edited October 2007 in Other Music
I just saw Nada Surf on Saturday in St. Augustine Florida, and I have to say if anyone lives around the southeast and wants to see a bad-ass show, I think they're playing around georgia and NC the next few days. It was one of the best small shows i've ever seen. Check them out if you get a chance...Wow!
Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dirtyTdirtyT Posts: 3,620
    I just saw Nada Surf on Saturday in St. Augustine Florida, and I have to say if anyone lives around the southeast and wants to see a bad-ass show, I think they're playing around georgia and NC the next few days. It was one of the best small shows i've ever seen. Check them out if you get a chance...Wow!
    Nada Surf, I remember them when I was in High School. Didn't know they were still touring. Thanks for the info.
    Cuyahoga Falls 98, Columbus 00, Cleveland 03, Columbus 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, Kitchener 05, Cleveland 06, Cincinnati 06, Washington DC 08, Philadelphia IV 09, Columbus 10, Cleveland 10, Chicago 13, Pittsburgh 13, Cincinnati 14, Chicago (1) 16, Chicago (2) 16
  • I just saw Nada Surf on Saturday in St. Augustine Florida, and I have to say if anyone lives around the southeast and wants to see a bad-ass show, I think they're playing around georgia and NC the next few days. It was one of the best small shows i've ever seen. Check them out if you get a chance...Wow!

I love Nada Surf shows. They really are so much fun! I wanted to see them when they were in Philly a few weeks ago, but couldn't really afford the tickets (even though they were cheap...lol). Really bummed that I didn't get to see them in Chicago at Schuba's. We used to go there all the time.

I'm anxious to hear their new record that will come out in February (I think?).
  • HOOKERHOOKER Posts: 1,443
    EXCELLENT live NADA SURF.
    Nice to know you.
  • mulva9mulva9 Posts: 417
    Yes, they are fantastic.

New album is out in early February. New song is up on their myspace page.
  • itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    nada rule. let go & weight is a gift are modern day indie-pop rock classics, they deserve alot more props than they get. can't wait for the new album in 2008, ben gibbard guests on it too :)
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,257
    theyre brilliant!
  • I'm the Party Star.........I'm Popular!

That's all I got on them.....recommend me some downloads.
    "It's all happening"
  • I'm the Party Star.........I'm Popular!

They've come a long way since then.

Always Love, Do It Again and All is a Game are good song from The Weight is a Gift.

Actually, anything off of The Weight is a Gift or Let Go will be pretty good. :)
  • mulva9mulva9 Posts: 417
    I'm the Party Star.........I'm Popular!

Killians Red, Hi-Speed Soul, Paper Boats, Hyperspace, Amateur
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,211
    Hi speed soul was absolutely fantastic live! They rock for a three-piece too.

The last song they played, they got a ton of girls from the audience up on the stage and played some party song I never heard. Something about, "Fuck it, let's party." I dont know I was pretty buzzed by that point. Does anyone know trhe song i'm talking about or what abum it's from?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Hi speed soul was absolutely fantastic live! They rock for a three-piece too.

The last song they played, they got a ton of girls from the audience up on the stage and played some party song I never heard. Something about, "Fuck it, let's party." I dont know I was pretty buzzed by that point. Does anyone know trhe song i'm talking about or what abum it's from?

The song is Blankest Year...it's on The Weight is a Gift.
  • ADogNamedPilateADogNamedPilate Texas, USA Posts: 291
    Nada Surf really kicks ass live! I was lucky enough to be on vacation in California when they were touring there and got to see them at Cafe Du Nord in San Francisco.

If you get the chance go see them in San Francisco on February 2, 2008: http://www.cafedunord.com/?temp=calendar&cal_view=month&cal_date=2|2008|30&so1=0
    Austin City Limits - Oct 04, 2009
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    OK old thread but I just saw them last night in Philly.  Great show!
    Do not miss this tour if you are a fan.  They killed it!
  • samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Super casual fan here. I just saw them for the first time in Brooklyn a few days ago and really enjoyed the show! Definitely would see again.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2