Happy 9th Anniversary To Synergy!

brokenarrowbrokenarrow Posts: 478
edited December 2007 in The Porch
:D 9 years today yes? 12/23/98. I landed roughly 5 months after it started...
Plain white screen with threads that floated down into the abyss....random anonymous posts by Fat Bastard... ;) 'ye ken what I'm sayin' lads and lassies?!
iceberg lettuce, grey poupon, monoliths, magic buses, the smell of crayons, jeff's balls (ping-pong balls of course) ;) plumbers w/hideous buttcracks ala garnish, song of the day.....

I have made some tremendous friends over the years here.
Thank you for that,
love,
broken>

OH! and happy birthday plumber!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• a nice anniversary as well. a nice post, thanks!

I found synergy in 2000 and I remeber you :)
    (p.s.I did not post much back then but read it all! with so much pleasure :) )

anyway, what I liked most about this thread is the reference to the good people you are able to meet here.
    Very close and wonderful friends I found here and for this I am very thankful.

thanks to wonderful PJ
    that they give us a chance to find each other...

viva pj+synergy
    and
    hoch die tassen, auf die besten!
    there is no way to peace, peace is the way!
    ...the world is come undone, I like to change it everyday but change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks.
  • I was on the old board too, but I totally can't remember my name.
    I used to post, but not as much as nowadays :D
    Is there an archive somewhere where we can read some posts?
    I remember a few years ago there was one, someone had posted a thread
    about it...but not sure if it's still around.
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • :)

What does this mean breakmarysfall?

I'm glad you were able to make great friends here also, it's cool to be able to share the music with people who love it as much as we do.

I'm not sure what thread the archive stuff was in cropd. I remember it too, I think there's a site called the 'way back machine' or something like that. If I remember correctly, it has pages up of initial thread titles but you can't read the posts. I think they go back as far as live on 2 legs.
    I will try to dig up the links after Christmas unless someone has them handy now.

Merry Christmas guys!
  • :)

What does this mean breakmarysfall?

I'm glad you were able to make great friends here also, it's cool to be able to share the music with people who love it as much as we do.

Merry Christmas guys!

:) Literally spoken, it is translated:
    raise your cups to the best ones ever,
    hoch die Tassen auf die BESTEN

so it means: cheers to the best ones.

and yup, it is just comfortable and somehow needed to share the love for the music ... I truly appreciate this place here, first synergy now the pit.

and p.s. our Christmas is nearly over already,
    so I send my best wishes for a marry one over the ocean to the great Americans. marry Christmas
    there is no way to peace, peace is the way!
    ...the world is come undone, I like to change it everyday but change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks.