Taylor Hawkins....

musicfanpearlmusicfanpearl Posts: 210
edited December 2008 in Other Music
I know he is a tremendous drummer, and I got to say some of his best work is what he did on the new Coheed and Cambria album. Dave and the guys are huge fans, but I wouldn't be surprised if Dave did a guest spot on their next album.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I hate so much about the things you choose to be.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • suns rivalsuns rival Posts: 15,926
    bob dylan's voice is better than coheed & cambria's singer.
    scratching my butt...
    kinakamot ang aking puwit...
    me rascando pompis...
    krap mijn reet...
    boku no ketsuoana o kizu...
    bahrosh teezy...
  • pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426
    taylor is a sick ass drummer...just can't stand the voice coming from coheed.
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05
  • Taylor is an amazing drummer. I felt the same way about Claudio's voice until I just sat down and listened to an entire cd by coheed. I got to admit, they put on one of the best live shows I have ever seen. I haven't seen that much energy at a show since pearl jam's shows in 1993. For example, watch this clip in full and tell me you don't get chills. At 6 minutes and 40 seconds its just crazy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxowWo_XV_c
  • petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    Taylor is an amazing drummer. I felt the same way about Claudio's voice until I just sat down and listened to an entire cd by coheed. I got to admit, they put on one of the best live shows I have ever seen. I haven't seen that much energy at a show since pearl jam's shows in 1993. For example, watch this clip in full and tell me you don't get chills. At 6 minutes and 40 seconds its just crazy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxowWo_XV_c

shut up...just shut up
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • coheed and cambria is NOT original, the guy switches between sounding like thriller Michael Jackson and Geddy Lee of Rush, and lets not even get into his stealing of King Buzzo (buzz osbourne) of the Melvins hair style! Douche Bag
    cook'em just to see the look on there face
  • I do like the Taylor Hawkins and the Coattail Riders album.
  • Yeah not a fan of Coheed...much the same reason I can't stand The Smiths/Morrissey...some voices just grind on my nerves.
  • "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,972
    I saw Taylor Hawkins at a Cheesecake Factory last November in California. He was having drinks and talking to a friend at the bar so I didn't approach him but I sure wanted to. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    LukinFan said:
    I saw Taylor Hawkins at a Cheesecake Factory last November in California. He was having drinks and talking to a friend at the bar so I didn't approach him but I sure wanted to. 
    I ran into him outside of Victoria's Secret in Chicago last summer.
  • LukinFan said:
    I ran into him outside of Victoria's Secret in Chicago last summer.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • unknownunknown Posts: 531
    taylor has some good stuff, can't wait for the new foo album.

I can't understand the hate for Coheed and Cambria though.  Love all their albums and catch them every time
    on tour.  They are one of the only bands that constantly mixes their setlists up and constantly plays over 2 and
    a half hours everytime i see them.