Options

Queens Of The Stone Age!some advice please!

black_geoblack_geo Posts: 31
edited December 2005 in Other Music
i only have 'songs for the deaf'!and i find great!lanegan is one of my fave and that's why i bought the album!but,what about the other albums?is there anything better than SFTD?i want ur opinion ppl!!!
If I would, would you?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    coachchriscoachchris Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada Posts: 749
    All I know is that I saw them open for NIN and I thought they blew monkey balls. The singer was a whiny little bitch the whole time and saying "you can fuck off cause Trent asked us to be here" I hate bands like that...very annoying. Sorry I couldn't help :(
    Adolescence in essence is all about trust.
    Leaving is for the answering machine.
  • Options
    coachchris wrote:
    All I know is that I saw them open for NIN and I thought they blew monkey balls. The singer was a whiny little bitch the whole time and saying "you can fuck off cause Trent asked us to be here" I hate bands like that...very annoying. Sorry I couldn't help :(

who is Trent?and what did he mean by saying this?
    If I would, would you?
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    Rated R !!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome Album
  • Options
    coachchriscoachchris Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada Posts: 749
    Trent Reznor is the lead singer of Nine Inch Nails. The crowd here weren't really into QOTSA and were booing them. So he threw a little hissy fit saying we could all fuck off cause Trent asked them to be there. Was sad to see to be honest...
    Adolescence in essence is all about trust.
    Leaving is for the answering machine.
  • Options
    I really like QOTSA and Mark Lanegan,I saw them together in Madrid 3 years ago and it was great!I like Rater R. Listen to "In the fade"(track 8) if you like Lanegan!
    "The smallest oceans still get big,big waves"
  • Options
    black_geo wrote:
    i only have 'songs for the deaf'!and i find great!lanegan is one of my fave and that's why i bought the album!but,what about the other albums?is there anything better than SFTD?i want ur opinion ppl!!!

For me "songs for the deaf" is the best ! But I will recomend Josh Homme's Former band "Kyuss" A great Band if you like some hard rocking and stoner music .... And for the Homme/Lenegan collaborations try also "the Desert Sessions" ...
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    Kyuss Are The Fucking Stoner Rock Kings, They Are Ownage, Awesome Every Song On Every Album Is Just Awesome
  • Options
    I BrisK I wrote:
    Kyuss Are The Fucking Stoner Rock Kings, They Are Ownage, Awesome Every Song On Every Album Is Just Awesome

You're right !!! I just Love them !!! "Welcome to sky valley" is great , one of my favorite albums!!!!!
  • Options
    holier than Thou
    Bring it on cause i'm no victim
  • Options
    def get rated r.
    who ever is saying they suck live, yeah they suck now, but they used to be the sickest live act. ever since their old bassist left they haven't been the same. he brought a lot of energy to the band. i saw them at lollapalooza 2003 while they were in their prime, sick shit.
    and yeah like the others said, get into kyuss. easily the definitve stoner rock band.
  • Options
    reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    get the entire back catalogue, each album is brilliant, and Kyuss and The Desert Sessions are a must also.
    then if its the stoner vibe your digging Masters of Reality, thats Chris Goss's band(collaborates a lot on the QOTSA albums) has some apperances by Josh and Mark on most of his albums.
    Then theres Marks solo work and of course the Screaming Trees, that should keep your ears busy.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Options
    rage333rage333 Posts: 157
    First get Rated R
    then their self titled album. (It's kind of hard to find but just look online)
    then if you really like those then get their new cd Lullabies to Paralyze.

I think Lullabies to Paralyze is some of their best work. I love how the album flows so nice and has a very dark element to it. It really makes you believe your alone in the woods. Queens are amazing and I cant wait for them to put out some more music. I do think they have lost it a little since they kicked out Oliveri. They are not as good live as they were when they had him. But their music hasnt gotten any worse. Think about it: Their first CD (Before Rated R) was amazing. Easily one of their best and Oliveri wasnt on it at all.
    But nonetheless I miss Oliveri and would do anything to have him back in the band. Anyways just buy everything that has to do with Josh Homme or Mark Lanegan or any of the fantastic musicians they have played with.
    "when the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will be at peace"-Jimi Hendrix
  • Options
    sj_2150sj_2150 Posts: 275
    dude, dont worry about QOTSA! get anything by Kyuss, Josh just plays guitar but the music is so much better
    I wish my grass was emo... so then it would cut itself
    http://www.soundclick.com/Arcticangel
    http://www.soundclick.com/Armadillo
  • Options
    my qotsa fan history: i first saw the queens in 2002 on a festival in germany, they were promoting songs for the deaf at that time. they played with the original line up featuring mark lanegan, dave grohl, nick oliverie....fuckin amazing show i have to say. after that i bought songs for the deaf and i really got into them. then i bought rated r and the self titled debut album.
    in 2004 i saw mark lanegan twice, and nick oliverie on his acoustic tour after his drop of the queens.
    after a little time of listening to them i started with the desert sessions, which is a projekt founded by josh homme (leader of the queens). in this sessions he invites friends of him to a session on a ranch in the desert. if you like the stuff of the queens then listen to the desert sessions, it´s really interesting and good sounding stuff. problem is to get the cd´s ; the desert sessions are pressed in a limited acount (volume 1-6), but it´s easy to get 7-10. give it a try.
    other queens of the stone age related bands are:

mondo generator (sideband of ex-qotsa bassplayer nick oliverie; hard, heavy crazy sound and lyrics)
    eagles of death metal (side band of josh homme; he plays drums, sounds very funky and a little gay(this is ment as an compliment))
    mark lanegan
    kyuss (pre-qotsa band, rough, heavy sound)
    i hurt myself today,
    to see if i still feel,
    i focus all the pain,
    the only thing that´s real...
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225
    rage333 wrote:
    First get Rated R
    then their self titled album. (It's kind of hard to find but just look online)
    then if you really like those then get their new cd Lullabies to Paralyze.

I think Lullabies to Paralyze is some of their best work. I love how the album flows so nice and has a very dark element to it. It really makes you believe your alone in the woods. Queens are amazing and I cant wait for them to put out some more music. I do think they have lost it a little since they kicked out Oliveri. They are not as good live as they were when they had him. But their music hasnt gotten any worse. Think about it: Their first CD (Before Rated R) was amazing. Easily one of their best and Oliveri wasnt on it at all.
    But nonetheless I miss Oliveri and would do anything to have him back in the band. Anyways just buy everything that has to do with Josh Homme or Mark Lanegan or any of the fantastic musicians they have played with.

The above is good advice. If you like Lanegan with Queens you need rated r so you can hear into the fade my fav QOTSA song.

If you decide to get some Kyuss get Welcome to Sky Valley. Great album.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22