mariah carey

reversedarwinismreversedarwinism Posts: 1,151
edited December 2005 in Other Music
she is obviously one of the great vocal talents of our life time, plus extremely hot(not that that is important) I am actually considering buying her new cd. It would be my first hiphop cd in about ten years. however, the first three singles on her cd are awesome.
bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• sj_2150sj_2150 Posts: 275
    youre kidding!...right?...RIGHT?
    I wish my grass was emo... so then it would cut itself
    http://www.soundclick.com/Arcticangel
    http://www.soundclick.com/Armadillo
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    I like Mariah Careys older material.
    from the times she actually sang the songs instead of the scream-whisper-scream-whisper -pattern.

but for as far as I've heard the new stuff, she's gone back to singing.
    and she really does have a great voice. :)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    she used to be hot in the early 90's
    she just went weird after her divorce in 97 or so..
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • sj_2150 wrote:
    youre kidding!...right?...RIGHT?
    i am actually going through a hip hop phase right now, and she seems to be the best, so... i like a lot of songs but she has three songs that are kicking ass plus she has an amazing voice. I think the song that really got me was "don't forget about me" the tears it up after the interlude.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • VONVON Posts: 259
    Shes done kinda the 'j-lo' thing and started refering to herself as 'mimi'.
    I cant help but laugh everytime I hear the name of her album. However her music is no laughing matter....
  • she is obviously one of the great vocal talents of our life time, plus extremely hot(not that that is importante.
    rofl!

hehehe
    The sun sets forever over Blackwater Park.
  • Mariah Carey's whack.
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • i am actually going through a hip hop phase right now, and she seems to be the best, so... i like a lot of songs but she has three songs that are kicking ass plus she has an amazing voice. I think the song that really got me was "don't forget about me" the tears it up after the interlude.

I really don't think that Mariah falls into the "hip-hop" category. She is more pop!
    We need Pearl Jam in Atlanta!!! 2006-2007

The dirty south needs a fix.
  • she's gone off the deep end....
    If I could be anything in the world I would be your teardrop...I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    Mariah Carey is not "Hip-hop", she is not even close to hip-hop. Mariah Carey is R and B, completely different, like Usher.
    Hip-Hop however is Grandmaster Flash or Jurrassic 5.

PEACE
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • I like Mariah Carey. I also like the song We belong together. It is cute. I think I listen to too many kinds of music. But I am definitely not ruling it out just because it is top 40. If I like it I like it. If I don't I don't.
    Thanks harrison. Maybe you should take your beatbox down the street and eat some acid you silly pervert.

Moloko21- You have been banned for the following reason:
    refusing to followthe posting guidelines you agreed to when you registered for the bbs

Date the ban will be lifted: 02-22-2006
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    Charmbraclet & Glitter were commercial and critical disappointments.

However, The Emancipation of Mimi is some of her best work since Butterfly.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • NothingbetterNothingbetter Wichita, KS Posts: 570
    She's so predictable.

Mariah walking up to her wardrobe closet...

"Should I wear THIS shirt where my boobs are popping out...or THIS shirt where my boobs are popping out? Hmmm. Decisions, decisions."
    Kansas City 6/12/03 ** Kissimmee 10/9/04 ** Atlantic City 10/1/05 ** Denver 7/2/06 ** Denver 7/3/06 ** Chicago 8/23/09 ** Chicago 8/24/09 ** Kansas City 5/3/10 ** Dallas 11/15/13 ** Oklahoma City 11/16/13 ** St. Louis 10/3/14 ** Tulsa 10/8/14 ** Chicago - Wrigley Field 8/20/16 ** Chicago - Wrigley Field 8/22/16 ** Oklahoma City 9/20/22 ** Ft. Worth 9/15/23

EV - St. Louis 7/1/11 ** Tulsa 11/19/12
  • some of her early stuff was okay but her music is basically an excuse to show off her range....oh and her breasts.
    The wind is blowing cold
    Have we lost our way tonight?
    Have we lost our hope to sorrow?

Feels like were all alone
    Running further from what’s right
    And there are no more heroes to follow

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
  • she is obviously one of the great vocal talents of our life time, plus extremely hot(not that that is important) I am actually considering buying her new cd. It would be my first hiphop cd in about ten years. however, the first three singles on her cd are awesome.

Eewwwwwwww....
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • Eewwwwwwww....

I totaly agree!
    There's a trapdoor in the sun!
    2000 Pinkpop Festival, Netherlands
    2006 Arnhem, Netherlands
    2006 Antwerp, Belgium
    2007 Nijmegen, Netherlands
    2009 Philadelphia 4, PA
    2010 Bristow, VA
    2012 Amsterdam 1, Netherlands
    2013 Buffalo, NY
    2013 Baltimore, MD
    2015 Global Citizen Festival New York, NY
    2016 Hampton, VA
  • brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    china doll wrote:
    I like Mariah Carey. I also like the song We belong together. It is cute. I think I listen to too many kinds of music. But I am definitely not ruling it out just because it is top 40. If I like it I like it. If I don't I don't.

same here.

i especially enjoy some of the hooks and beats in her songs. like that "boy" song that she used the hook from camron´s "oh boy" and the "fantasy" sample (tom tom club i guess).
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • i am actually going through a hip hop phase right now, and she seems to be the best, so... i like a lot of songs but she has three songs that are kicking ass plus she has an amazing voice. I think the song that really got me was "don't forget about me" the tears it up after the interlude.

i don't know dude.....i can't say that i like mariah

if you're in a "hip hop phase" then check out the two best releases this year, kanye's "late registration" and common's "be"
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,926
    I would like to bust her gills.
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    I was enchanted by her for many years - not just because I was infatuated with her but that she had an unbelievable singing voice. I really hate to admit I have all of her cd's up to "Butterfly". They were my "girly cd that shows I'm sensitive" cd's before she got all ghetto. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
    gabers wrote:
    I was enchanted by her for many years - not just because I was infatuated with her but that she had an unbelievable singing voice. I really hate to admit I have all of her cd's up to "Butterfly". They were my "girly cd that shows I'm sensitive" cd's before she got all ghetto. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I think she is going back to her sensitive roots. She still has an R&B flavor to her stuff, but it is reminicent of her earlier work.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• LOL, she's ridiculously annoying & I guess anyone who hides half their face all the time, could easily fool some youngins into thinking they're hot. lol.

...Only thing she had going for her was having Wentworth Miller in her video...Now he is hott.
    "Oh, a flower you are to my land..."
    ...Only thing she had going for her was having Wentworth Miller in her video...Now he is hott.

Is that the guy from Prison Break?

PBM

• I think she is going back to her sensitive roots. She still has an R&B flavor to her stuff, but it is reminicent of her earlier work.

PBM

I knew you'd come through for me and post in this thread. ;)
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • Is that the guy from Prison Break?

PBM

Yes, indeed.
    "Oh, a flower you are to my land..."
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,926
    LOL, she's ridiculously annoying & I guess anyone who hides half their face all the time, could easily fool some youngins into thinking they're hot. lol.

face down, ass up...Mariah looks like a million bucks...lol.
    I knew you'd come through for me and post in this thread. ;)

I have a soft spot for Top 40 music.

PBM

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    I have a soft spot for Top 40 music.

PBM
    I have a soft spot for hot chicks with big hooters who like to show them off....:D
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.