Options

U2: Chicago 9/20; St. Louis 12/14

bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,532
edited December 2005 in Other Music
These were two amazing U2 shows that I attended on their latest tour. I found it interesting that there were 17 songs between the two shows that were not repeated between the two shows. A lot of people on here blast U2 for not changing up their setlists enough, and they definitely are no Pearl Jam when it comes to changing up the setlists, but 17 songs between two shows that weren't repeated is pretty good.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    fuck the pessimists, fuck em

U2 is part of my musical holy trinity...along with Pearl Jam and led Zeppelin
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • Options
    sj_2150sj_2150 Posts: 275
    only like their older stuff before the late 90s when they became a commercial whore...
    I wish my grass was emo... so then it would cut itself
    http://www.soundclick.com/Arcticangel
    http://www.soundclick.com/Armadillo
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220
    Saw 6 shows in Boston this year, 2 in May, 2 in Oct and 2 in Dec. and the setlist varied on each night.
    The main bones of the set were fairly standard, but they did a fair amount of mixing in the early portion and the encores.
    Got to hear classics like "Gloria" and Electric Co." for the first time in like 2 decades, saw one of a handful of renditions of "Fast Cars", after 22 shows since 1985, they never disappoint.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    I was at the St. Louis show and was pleasantly suprised by the setlist. I'd never thought I would hear them play "Gloria" live again. What made my night was their cover of "Instant Karma!". I've seen them twice before on previous tours, but this was their best show I have ever been to.
  • Options
    LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    sj_2150 wrote:
    only like their older stuff before the late 90s when they became a commercial whore...

Yeah they really followed that angsty grunge crowd and began rapping too, really sold to the masses. They also made music that made so many new fans as opposed to losing a lot of mainstream fans that had gravitated to them around Joshua Tree.

The 90s stuff wasnt selling out at all, it was just expiremental.
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.