Have you heard......................

danielheyesdanielheyes Posts: 362
edited December 2005 in Other Music
Iron and Wine?

shit man i cant stop listening to this guy. Every new song i hear blows me away.

its just too damn good for words!!!!!!
When I was born, the doctor came out to the waiting room and said to my father, I'm very sorry. We did everything we could. But he pulled through......
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BeerBaron wrote:
    Is this a new solo English artist like Damien Rice?

No this guy is american. he's got a few albums out. Been going for about four or five years i think.

Its the most haunting and laid-back music ive ever had the pleasure to hear!!!
    When I was born, the doctor came out to the waiting room and said to my father, I'm very sorry. We did everything we could. But he pulled through......
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    I've heard nothing but raves about the guy, but haven't picked anything of his up. That'll have to change.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    OK, just bought Trapeze Swinger from iTunes, 9 minutes long, really beautiful stuff. Looks like I'm off to the record store today...
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • lannerslanners Posts: 458
    Iron and Wine's Such Great Heights on Garden State is incredible. Never thought I would like anything but the original Postal Service version.

I couldn't believe it though when i head the song used in an M&M commercial!
    i. am. mine.
  • lanners wrote:
    Iron and Wine's Such Great Heights on Garden State is incredible. Never thought I would like anything but the original Postal Service version.

I couldn't believe it though when i head the song used in an M&M commercial!

thats not good...... the iron and wine version?
  • trebmaltrebmal Boston Posts: 101
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Is this a new solo English artist like Damien Rice?
    if im not mistaken I believe Damien Rice is from Ireland not England

regardless he is good... never got into iron & wine that much though
    9.15.98, 8.29.00, 8.30.00, 7.02.03, 7.03.03, 7.11.03 Mansfield, MA | 9.28.04, 9.29.04 Boston, MA, 5.12.06 Albany, NY | 5.13.06 Hartford, CT | 5.24, 5.25.06 Boston, MA | 8.05.07 Chicago, IL (lolla) | 6.27.08 Hartford, CT | 6.28, 6.30.08 Mansfield, MA | 10.4.09 Austin, TX (ACL), 10.30 | 10.31.09, Philadelphia, PA 5.17.10 Boston, MA, 10.15 | 10.16.2013 Worcester, MA, 10.25.13 Hartford, CT, 10.16.14 Detroit, MI, 4.18.16 Hampton, VA, 5.1 | 5.2.16 NYC, 8.5 | 8.7.16 Boston, MA, 7.3.18 Kraków, PL | 8.8 - 8.10.18 Seattle, WA | 8.13.18 Missoula, MT | 8.18.18 Chicago, IL | 9.2 - 9.4.18 Boston, MA | 9.18.21 Asbury Park, NJ | 9.1.22 Québec City, CAN | 9.3.22 Ottawa, CAN