Options

Chinese Democracy (Guns N' Roses) said to be "phenomenal"...

hellohello Posts: 12
edited December 2005 in Other Music
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    old news...phenomenal or not..this thread is gonna get bashed sadly
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Prehaps the most discussed album that nobody's ever listened to.....I suspect that the majority of folks have already formulated their opinion of this work based solely on their feelings towards one Mr. Axel Rose.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    well let's not jump to conclusions on that..

i think Axel is an ass,... but that doesn't stop me from liking his voice, G&R, or being excited about the album :)
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options
    BlankiBlanki Posts: 315
    Guns n' Roses is my favorite band ever, and Pearl Jam comes next... but GN'R is not GN'R without Slash, Duff and the rest... that Chinese Democracy for me is just the Axl Rose's solist cd...
    23 Nov 05 - Santiago, Chile
    Come back to SA!!!!
  • Options
    i wont belive it till i hear a review from someone who has an unbiased opinion on axl/ GnR.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    well let's not jump to conclusions on that..

i think Axel is an ass,... but that doesn't stop me from liking his voice, G&R, or being excited about the album :)
    Like I said the "majority" of folks have probably made up their mind on this project prior to hearing a note. That does not mean that someone like you and I are automatically in step with them. I would listen to this album without any preconceived notion of whether it was good or bad. Honestly, I will be surprised when and if it ever hits the streets.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    twin1twin1 Posts: 902
    I like Guns and Roses, haven't listened to them in years. I would give an open-minded listen. I will say I think they were terrible in concert. I went on my birthday years ago and was sadly dissapointed.
    Our love must not be just words, but True Love, which shows itself in action,
    No one needs a smile more than someone who fails to give one,
    After you die...you know how to LIVE!
  • Options
    The article you linked was 8 months old. The only news I want to hear about Chinese Democracy is a release date. A real release date. This saga passed the point of ridiculous many years ago.
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
  • Options
    DocChicago wrote:
    The article you linked was 8 months old. The only news I want to hear about Chinese Democracy is a release date. A real release date. This saga passed the point of ridiculous many years ago.
    I guess this is like the early 1980's when everybody was waiting on the third album from Boston.........I hope "Chinese Democracy" turns out better than that turd.
  • Options
    tybird wrote:
    I guess this is like the early 1980's when everybody was waiting on the third album from Boston.........I hope "Chinese Democracy" turns out better than that turd.

you didn't like "Amanda"? hahaha.
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    old news...phenomenal or not..this thread is gonna get bashed sadly

doesn't look like its getting bashed to me.
    smartarse
    Wave came crashing...
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    smartarse
    yeh im very surprised...all my time here on the pit..everyone just bashes Axl and his attempts to innovate.
    Chinese Democracy is still being recorded...and thats the latest.
    their Greatest Hits 2 (which was planned for release due to Axl postponing CD) has been scrapped..so could that mean the album will be out soon?
    we will find out soon enough...
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    smartarse

Most likely it's b/c like creed and scott stapp, people are tired of beating a dead horse. it's not b/c people like gnr, it's just that we're sick of axl and wish he would just go away.
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • Options
    DocChicago wrote:
    you didn't like "Amanda"? hahaha.
    After about the 1,000,000,000th time that I heard it on the radio in about a three month span, I decided that I probably really don't like that song....:)
  • Options
    the title 'Chinese Democracy' says it all .. the album will come out when there is Democracy in China .. In other words it will more than likely never be released .. That is the joke...
    " I don't know where to go from here, I'm just about this far from drowning in my very own tears." - Out of my Mind
  • Options
    What? Phenomeonal That It's Actually Going To Come Out???!!!!!
    EVENFLOW MEMBER #009 and i'm LOVIN the new PJ!!!! avacado all the way!!

i know someday you'll have a beautiful life,
    i HOPE you'll be a star,
    in somebody elses sky, but why, why, why can't it be, why can't it be mine?!
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    yeh im very surprised...all my time here on the pit..everyone just bashes Axl and his attempts to innovate.
    Chinese Democracy is still being recorded...and thats the latest.
    their Greatest Hits 2 (which was planned for release due to Axl postponing CD) has been scrapped..so could that mean the album will be out soon?
    we will find out soon enough...

Axl is a legend!
    :)
    Wave came crashing...
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    I heard Madagascar last year.

I will admit that I like it. However, it sounds dated. It sounds like Guns from 1992.

Take that for what it's worth.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    I heard Madagascar last year.

I will admit that I like it. However, it sounds dated. It sounds like Guns from 1992.

Take that for what it's worth.

PBM

i totally agree - The Blues has that same feel...
    I'll dig a tunnel
    from my window to yours
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    please join us in the 21st century... i loved g-n-r like the rest of the world in 1989...but it is over!
  • Options
    even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    The tunes sounded good in 1999?????? WTF.....And the tool hasn't put the stuff on vinyl yet. It can't be that good. If it even exists!
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • Options
    Axl is a legend!
    :)

he fronted a band that had two good albums.......how does that qualify as legend
  • Options
    he fronted a band that had two good albums.......how does that qualify as legend

Two good albums?

More like 3 badass albums, one badass E.P. and one good album. Thats 5!!!