Options

korn

depopulationINCdepopulationINC Posts: 2,074
edited December 2005 in Other Music
been listenning to korn on Sirius for a few weeks now, and bought their cd yesterday

pretty good
The only thing I enjoy is having no feelings....being numb rocks!

And I won't make the same mistakes
(Because I know)
Because I know how much time that wastes
(And function)
Function is the key
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    have not listened to them since grade 11... I might try it out.
    Thanks harrison. Maybe you should take your beatbox down the street and eat some acid you silly pervert.

Moloko21- You have been banned for the following reason:
    refusing to followthe posting guidelines you agreed to when you registered for the bbs

Date the ban will be lifted: 02-22-2006
  • Options
    china doll wrote:
    have not listened to them since grade 11... I might try it out.

twisted transistor is pretty good....catchy anyways

(Because I know)
    (And function)
    Function is the key
  • Options
    saw them @ hammerstein a few weeks ago, AWESOME show, fuck it they rock.

JOnathan DAvis is fuckin cool, better than alot of other mainstream shit out there. i support korn, havent heard the new album yet tho
    "no more crowbars to my head"
  • Options
    twin1twin1 Posts: 902
    I have only one cd by Korn - Issues. I like it. I think they sound pretty good.
    Our love must not be just words, but True Love, which shows itself in action,
    No one needs a smile more than someone who fails to give one,
    After you die...you know how to LIVE!
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    yeh its a pretty decent album...its growing on me with every listen.
    cant help but mention the artwork for the Deluxe Edition..impressive..
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    yeh its a pretty decent album...its growing on me with every listen.
    cant help but mention the artwork for the Deluxe Edition..impressive..

yes...pretty cool

(Because I know)
    (And function)
    Function is the key
  • Options
    i must say...i'm a little shocked at the number of korn fans on here
  • Options
    Yeah, the packaging was pretty neat although it reminds me a bit of Quees of the Stone Age's packaging for Lullabies to Paralyze.

I really didn't want to like this CD because of Twisted Transistor, but I do like it so I'll just chalk it up as one of my guilty pleasures. The reason I didn't like Twisted Transistor is because to me it sounds like a manufactured pop type song and I generally hate those, but this one, this one's got me.
  • Options

Why? Some PJ fans like different types of music.
  • Options
    pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426
    I too am suprised at the number of Korn fans. You can like whatever you want, i just didn't think that a lot of people that like Pearl Jam would be into him. I must say that i did like Follow the Leader when it came out. Bought issues, and thought it was the biggest piece of crap. That's just my opinion.
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05
  • Options
    the new one is the best stuff they did since life. issues another favorite.
  • Options
    i still like Follow the Leader the best...
    i dont think Untouchables was that bad either..it needed time to grow on me like SYOTOS.
    only one i din really enjoy was TALITM.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • Options
    I actually liked TALITM but with Untouchables, to me, the Cd towards the end started to lack a bit. The beginning part of it I like though.
  • Options
    twin1 wrote:
    Why? Some PJ fans like different types of music.

dude, i'm not judging anyone. i actually used to be big into korn back in the day. their debut+follow the leader+issues.....that was some heavy shit. i think they've gotten a bit worse recently, but that's just my opinion. you can like whatever you want. i just didn't know that many pearl jam fans were into the "nu metal", that's all
  • Options
    I'll take the Deftones over Korn any day.
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    KORN rules
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    PJ_GAPJ_GA Posts: 121
    ok, is the new album just like Take a Look in the Mirror? or different...
    ITS MY BLOOOOOOODDDDDD!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    In my opinion, most if it is different. There's about two songs that may be simliar to TALITM though.
  • Options

I also like Pantera. Any music that makes a stement other than look at me and my money is worth giving a shot. Sorry for the shot at hip hop / rap, but it has went down hill big time. I am sick of that shite. When it started it really had meaning, and while I was not the biggest fan, I respected it, especially the statements much of it was trying to say. I realize that even the most outspoken bands present some mindless dribble...it is good to have some fun...but fo f sakes....make some sort of statement other that essentially bragging about how much you have made off of those who are lining your pockets...the fans.

ranting....sorry

(Because I know)
    (And function)
    Function is the key
  • Options
    Korn's old stuff = good
    Korn's new stuff = crap
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • Options
    PJ_GA wrote:
    ok, is the new album just like Take a Look in the Mirror? or different...
    it's very different
    the album reminds me of the band Orgy and some hints of Marilyn Manson

YNWA
  • Options
    dude, i'm not judging anyone. i actually used to be big into korn back in the day. their debut+follow the leader+issues.....that was some heavy shit. i think they've gotten a bit worse recently, but that's just my opinion. you can like whatever you want. i just didn't know that many pearl jam fans were into the "nu metal", that's all

That would be dudette :) I was just curious as to why you would wonder that. I just love music in general and listen to many different types, sometimes for the music, sometimes for the lyrics and meaning, sometimes because it is different, creative, or fun, and sometimes for all of those reasons. Music that expresses something meaningful with passion is my favorite.