Options

Nine Inch Nails In Concert?

drew0drew0 Posts: 943
edited December 2005 in Other Music
NIN just added new tour dates, and they're coming to my hometown. Is it worth going? How do they sound this year? btw, I'm only a moderate fan...if that helps any. Tickets are $30, so it's not expensive. Worth going? How good of a show do they put on, and how would the music be for a moderate fan?
Pittsburgh 6/23/06
Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I was wondering how they are live, myself. They will be coming to a venue just 30 min away from me in March.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    I don't think this will help at all because I've never seen them (only heard mp3s), but I've heard from a lot of people that trent puts on a great show. And if it's only 30 dollars, that a very good deal I'd say.
    "I'm a thief, and I dig it"
  • Options
    I was a moderate-regular listener and i saw them at msg on november 3. Now mind u this was after seeing pearl jam 8 times and i felt that they were, to me the only acceptable non-pj band to see after pearl jam. Trent is phenominal. You should go for it! they are no pearl jam, but it was the next best thing to me. They're not playing anywhere near me, but i think i'm going to drive to the rochester show to see them. Its a very different experience. Definitely don't pass it up!
    Nothing can stop me now 'cause i just don't care anymore.
  • Options
    Sonic19Sonic19 Posts: 159
    Go see em, great live show. I woulda loved to have paid 30 bucks to see em...
    Stay positive and love your life
    Hooray Florida shows
  • Options
    rcsrcs Posts: 711
    Saw them in November and was completely blown away! Extremely intense performance. Saw them also in 2000 but they sound sooooo much better this time around. Think it probably has something to do with Trent quitting the booze. Do not miss that show! Especially for $30! I paid $80 and it was worth every penny.
    E agora? Faz xixi na mão e deita fora!
  • Options
    LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    go for it, i saw them in november and loved it

30 dollars? I had to pay 45! lol
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • Options
    zircona1zircona1 Posts: 293
    Yes, NIN is definitely worth seeing in concert. I've seen them twice (last time in October) and they were awesome.

They played most of their hits - Sin, Head Like A Hole, Wish, Closer, The Hand That Feeds, March of the Pigs - so if you're a moderate fan you'll get to hear what you're familiar with.
    "As long as the music's loud enough, we won't hear the world falling apart."—Jubilee

"I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225
    I think you should go if you like the band. I am not a NIN fan. I do not own any albums i enjoy some of the radio songs, and I went to see them because Death from above and QOTSA were opening. I stayed for the NIN show. If you like NIN i'm sure you will think it is a great live show. ME not being a fan i appreciated it for what it was and had an enjoyable time.

Lots of anger and teen angst.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    barcoachbarcoach Posts: 413
    They rock hard in concert.
    I'm a fan, but I'd recommend the experience to anyone.
    Stone: Thanks for the pick and the night of complicity, you rock!
    -The crazy guy with the Ramones t-shirt.
    Mexico C. 12/10/05.

"There is a rose that I want to live for
    although, God knows, I may not have met her"
    -J. Strummer

"And you'll never know just how dark this screen could be"
  • Options
    moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    EDucated wrote:
    I was a moderate-regular listener and i saw them at msg on november 3. Now mind u this was after seeing pearl jam 8 times and i felt that they were, to me the only acceptable non-pj band to see after pearl jam. Trent is phenominal. You should go for it! they are no pearl jam, but it was the next best thing to me. They're not playing anywhere near me, but i think i'm going to drive to the rochester show to see them. Its a very different experience. Definitely don't pass it up!

I was at that same show and it was simply insane. One of the best shows I've been to all year. If tickets are only $30 apiece, jump all over that. I paid double that, and it was well worth it.
  • Options
    I agree! go, go , go!! NIN rocks in concert!!
    And Trent is in fine form this year!! :)

The production is stunning. You'll be blown away, both visually and aurally.

Trent doing Hurt solo on piano is so beautiful, I could have fainted.

I can't decide whether to travel to London or Ottawa for the show... they're both on weekdays... :(
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • Options
    GO!!!!!You'll love every minute of it!I saw them in Oct. and they kicked ass!I payed $50 for my ticket,so $30 is even better price.
    when you get confused just listen to the music play........

"You damn well can't lick the system,but you can sure give it a good fondeling."-sleazy estate man(Hugh Laurie on A bit of Fry and Laurie)

"Judas Priest on a two stroke moped!"(Stephen Fry)
  • Options
    pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426
    I saw them back in october. They're fucking awesome live. Lots of energy, and for 30 bucks you can't go wrong.
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05
  • Options
    Go, go and go.

I liked NIN's music a lot, but seeing them live was never a priority for me. We planned to go in November because with QOTSA (whom we love) opening, we thought it was going to be a good show. I had no idea that by the end of the night, I would have seen what I thought was one of my top ten concerts of my lifetime. As civ_eng_girl posted, the production is stunning. Plus, you can feel the music in every cell of your body. $30 is a bargain ... don't miss it!
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • Options
    I was just a moderate fan too - but saw them in Buenos Aires a few days after the PJ gigs and now Im hooked.
  • Options
    oktacomaoktacoma Posts: 335
    YOU HAVE TO GO!!! YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!! My wife was a moderate fan and she saw them for the first time in September (I had seen them twice before). She can't stop talking about them now!! I almost feel like she's cheating on PJ with NIN!! :) Simply put...Trent puts on an amazing show!
  • Options
    upina2001upina2001 Indiana Posts: 764
    drew0 wrote:
    NIN just added new tour dates, and they're coming to my hometown. Is it worth going? How do they sound this year? btw, I'm only a moderate fan...if that helps any. Tickets are $30, so it's not expensive. Worth going? How good of a show do they put on, and how would the music be for a moderate fan?

My buddy went to see them in Tampa this year and said they were really great.

Toledo, Ohio (September 22, 1996), East Troy, Wisconsin (June 26, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 17, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 18, 2000), Cincinnati, Ohio (August 20, 2000), Columbus, Ohio (August 21, 2000), Nashville, Tennessee (April 18, 2003), Champaign, Illinois (April 23, 2003), Noblesville, Indiana (June 22, 2003), Chicago, Illinois (May 16, 2006), Chicago, Illinois (August 05, 2007), West Palm Beach, Florida (June 11, 2008), Tampa, Florida (June 12, 2008), Columbus, OH (May 06, 2010), Noblesville, Indiana (May 07, 2010), Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013), US Bank Arena (October 01, 2014), Lexington (April 26, 2016), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018), Nashville (September 16, 2022), St. Louis (September 18, 2022)

• Options
    Penny453Penny453 Posts: 200
    drew0 wrote:

Man..for only 30 bucks?? You have to go! They're amazing live! if you're a moderate fan now..after seeing them live you'll be hooked! Hell I live in NY and am considering flying out to IL for the feb 10-13 shows...3 days in the pit straight...then seeing in MA on the 27th. I'm a big fan :)
    "And even when I'm right with you I'm so far away"