Something to do...

Comments

• wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    I added Pink and Tool. What do you think of Contortionists for the acrobats? I googled and they are a band?
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • rvm_vsrvm_vs Posts: 46
    wolfbear wrote:
    I added Pink and Tool. What do you think of Contortionists for the acrobats? I googled and they are a band?
    the contortionists are a band indeed.
    why didn't you add kylie minogue too? tool is the hammer that guy is smasking pumpkins with? :P
    i ain't your little honey bunny
    evenflow psycho #14
    yellow man is a band. google, FUCK YEAH!
    evenflow psycho #14
    rvm_vs wrote:
    yellow man is a band. google, FUCK YEAH!

Funny! I added them all. :) And yes I put Tool in for the sledgehammer. Actually Sledgehammer is a tribute band, but?
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    so if the planes are the B-52s then where is U2 and are the gorrilas the garrilaz?
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
    mrwalkerb wrote:
    so if the planes are the B-52s then where is U2 and are the gorrilas the garrilaz?

U2 is written "U U" on the wall by the tv's, and yes the gorillas are Gorillaz.
    Someone suggested the Stray Cats and Pet Shop Boys, but I don't see either of those. Where are they, should I add them to the list?
  • CuriousCurious Posts: 732
    Wolfbear, that's a fine job you're doing there keeping track of all the suggestions, a better job than I could've done, appreciate it.

Anyway, from my own ponderings, a bit of input from some friends, and some suggestions stolen directly from here, so far I have this:

1. Pixies
    2. Matchbox 20
    3. Reel Big Fish
    4. Scissor Sisters
    5. Yello
    6. White Zombie
    7. Sex Pistols
    8. Gorillaz
    9. Green day
    10. Alice In Chains
    11. Smashing Pumpkins
    12. Eels
    13. Rolling Stones
    14. Jefferson Airplane
    15. Led Zeppelin
    16. Guns N Roses
    17. Eagles or Byrds... or both
    18. Spoon
    19. Queen
    20. Styx
    21. Dinosaur Jnr
    22. Whitesnake
    23. Tatu (?)
    24. The Shadows
    25. Garbage
    26. Eminem (?)
    27. Bush
    28. White Stripes
    29. Presidents of the US of A
    30. Butthole Surfers (though it could be a ton of surf related bands)
    31. Mountain
    32. Lemonheads
    33. Postal Service
    34. Blur
    35. Iron Maiden
    36. Radiohead
    37. Black Flag
    38. The Cars (?)
    39. Men Without Hats (?)
    40. Men At Work (?)
    41. Monkees (?)
    42. B-52s
    43. Television
    44. Madonna
    45. Blind Melon
    46. Ratt
    47. Cowboy Junkies
    48. RHCP
    49. U2
    50. Ramones
    51. Black Crowes
    52. Hole
    53. Corner Shop
    54. Nine Inch Nails
    55. The Police
    56. Cranberries
    57. Korn
    58. Phish
    59. Seal
    60. Dead Kennedys
    61. Vines
    62. Prince
    63. Crowded House
    64. 50 Cent
    65. Manic Street Preachers
    66. Jewel
    67. Great White
    68. Talking Heads
    69. Kiss
    70. Deep Purple

As you can see, some of my guesses are really really clutching at straws. If anyone has the time or inclination to compile a definitive list of what's been found in this thread, please feel free to do so.

Incidentally, I still can't stop looking at the thing!
    "The secret of creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." - Einstein
    Hi Curious! I have these that aren't on your latest list:

Bee Gees
    Blues Brothers
    Tool
    Contortionists
    Pink
    Kylie Minogue

That would put us over the 74! I think you're right, in that people can find more than was originally intended. ;)

That was fun...thanks a bunch!

I'm going to take this to Thanksgiving and give my relatives a test! :)
  • El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    Iampatriot wrote:
    Where's the Ramones? And what is the gymnasts and the 3 chicks running in front of the Rolling Stone?

i messed up when i said ramones...i was going by the 50 cent piece...they used that logo fromt eh back on a lot of their albums and shirts...but it IS a 50 cent piece so 50 cent makes a lot more sense...my bad
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
    El_Kabong wrote:
    i messed up when i said ramones...i was going by the 50 cent piece...they used that logo fromt eh back on a lot of their albums and shirts...but it IS a 50 cent piece so 50 cent makes a lot more sense...my bad

No, I think the images can have more than one meaning. Someone else actually posted the Ramones logo. You're right. I think it can be both. Just like the Eagles or Black Crowes also being Byrds. That is kinda the fun of something like this. People see more out of it than was even originally intended. :)
    Curious wrote:
    Wolfbear, that's a fine job you're doing there keeping track of all the suggestions, a better job than I could've done, appreciate it.

Anyway, from my own ponderings, a bit of input from some friends, and some suggestions stolen directly from here, so far I have this:

1. Pixies
    2. Matchbox 20
    3. Reel Big Fish
    4. Scissor Sisters
    5. Yello
    6. White Zombie
    7. Sex Pistols
    8. Gorillaz
    9. Green day
    10. Alice In Chains
    11. Smashing Pumpkins
    12. Eels
    13. Rolling Stones
    14. Jefferson Airplane
    15. Led Zeppelin
    16. Guns N Roses
    17. Eagles or Byrds... or both
    18. Spoon
    19. Queen
    20. Styx
    21. Dinosaur Jnr
    22. Whitesnake
    23. Tatu (?)
    24. The Shadows
    25. Garbage
    26. Eminem (?)
    27. Bush
    28. White Stripes
    29. Presidents of the US of A
    30. Butthole Surfers (though it could be a ton of surf related bands)
    31. Mountain
    32. Lemonheads
    33. Postal Service
    34. Blur
    35. Iron Maiden
    36. Radiohead
    37. Black Flag
    38. The Cars (?)
    39. Men Without Hats (?)
    40. Men At Work (?)
    41. Monkees (?)
    42. B-52s
    43. Television
    44. Madonna
    45. Blind Melon
    46. Ratt
    47. Cowboy Junkies
    48. RHCP
    49. U2
    50. Ramones
    51. Black Crowes
    52. Hole
    53. Corner Shop
    54. Nine Inch Nails
    55. The Police
    56. Cranberries
    57. Korn
    58. Phish
    59. Seal
    60. Dead Kennedys
    61. Vines
    62. Prince
    63. Crowded House
    64. 50 Cent
    65. Manic Street Preachers
    66. Jewel
    67. Great White
    68. Talking Heads
    69. Kiss
    70. Deep Purple

As you can see, some of my guesses are really really clutching at straws. If anyone has the time or inclination to compile a definitive list of what's been found in this thread, please feel free to do so.

Incidentally, I still can't stop looking at the thing!

sex pistols...the queen holding the guns w/ pink dildos.

also i think there are some bands being used twice...like presidents of the usa and dead kennedys...i guess they are going by the pics of rfk and jfk, only jfk was pres. also the pixies and kylie minagoguesomething...it doesn't really look like tinkerbell and seems kind of an obscure reference...but who knows.

oh, and the monkees and gorillaz...they are either monkeys or gorillas and they are obviously gorillas
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    I tend to agree with you, but it's all fun. I like how everyone comes up with different answers. But, I still don't think we have an answer on the three girls skipping?
    wolfbear wrote:
    I tend to agree with you, but it's all fun. I like how everyone comes up with different answers. But, I still don't think we have an answer on the three girls skipping?

yeah, you're right...and i've been racking my brain about those 3 girls skipping since i saw the thread!

i can't believe i didn't even notice the dead kennedy one (one of my fav bands) or the yellow man one, a few months ago i saw some old tapes in a store and they had all these yellow man ones that made me laugh
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • El_Kabong wrote:
    yeah, you're right...and i've been racking my brain about those 3 girls skipping since i saw the thread!

after hours of thought, the three girls represent Run DMC. Assuming the gals are named D, M, and C respectively.

ive got nothing
    Have you ideas on how this life ends?

Toronto 10-05-2000 / Toronto 06-28-2003 / Kitchener 09-11-2005 / Hamilton 09-13-2005 / Ottawa 09-16-2005 / Toronto 09-19-2005 / Toronto 05-09-2006 / Toronto 05-10-2006 / Toronto 08-21-2009 / Montreal 09-07-2011 / Toronto 09-11-2011 / Toronto 09-12-2011 / Ottawa 09-14-2011 / London 07/16/2013 / Ottawa 05-08-2016 / Toronto 05-12-2016
  • LISTEN. I can guarentee that PET SHOP BOYS is a band. you need to go through the original website, like virgin's normal site and navigate to get this by itself. USE THIS WEBSITE, AND U CAN SEE HTE ORIGINAL LINK HAS SOME OF THE PICTURE CUT OFF.

http://www.heavy.com/heavy.php?channel=virginGame
    "be a philosopher but, amid all your philosophy, be first a man" - david hume

Mitch Hedberg- RIP 1968-2005. your jokes have laughed me through a lot. I thank you.
    wolfbear wrote:
    Someone suggested the Stray Cats and Pet Shop Boys, but I don't see either of those. Where are they, should I add them to the list?
    http://virgindigital.com/eymm.htm
    click on the right hand corner
    look at the left of the image.
    evenflow psycho #14
  • is it a definate that there are 74? we could be here forever looking for things that arent there!!!
    When I was born, the doctor came out to the waiting room and said to my father, I'm very sorry. We did everything we could. But he pulled through......
  • BNGBNG Posts: 2
    hi!
    I also found Cypress Hill, pink fairies (couldn't be pixies, could it?) and Blondie (the chick with the bubble gum).
  • some you dont have

dead kennedys
    whitesnake
    television

you've got me addicted, now i am never gonna get to sleep!!!!
    * Molson Amphitheatre - June 28, 2003
    * Air Canada Centre - Sept 19, 2005
    * Eddie Vedder- Massey Hall- Aug 12, 2008
    * Molson Amphitheatre - Aug 21, 2009
    * HSBC Arena - May 10, 2010
    * Air Canada Centre - Sept 11 2011
    * Air Canada Centre - Sept 12 2011

• i am an idiot... those were all stated... big spoon is another band
    * Molson Amphitheatre - June 28, 2003
    * Air Canada Centre - Sept 19, 2005
    * Eddie Vedder- Massey Hall- Aug 12, 2008
    * Molson Amphitheatre - Aug 21, 2009
    * HSBC Arena - May 10, 2010
    * Air Canada Centre - Sept 11 2011
    * Air Canada Centre - Sept 12 2011

• DeeveDeeve Posts: 122
    I would say the surfers are Nada Surf. Think about it. They are walking down the street with surfboards. no water in sight.

The malnourished dog has got to be Skinny Puppy.

Under the dog it looks like The Scorpions

I think someone should do a relist with descriptions.
    "Lick the dirt off Olajuwon's feet"
  • BNGBNG Posts: 2
    How about chicks on speed for the 3 girls running?
  • brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    does anyone tried to e-mail that Virgin site?

ok, i will try that...
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • How about styx right by the the 20 in front? And the blues brothers!
  • Damn internet
  • Are the gymnast girls, twisted sisters?

And could the scissors also be interpreted as Pink Floyd (similar to the hammers in the wall)

That's all I got to add
    Cincinnati '03 Flooded venue!
    Bridge School '06 Night 1 & 2
    Venice '07 pummeled by the sleet! 
    Nijmegen '07
    Werchter '07
    April Fools ~ LA1
  • LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    do you think that guy to the very left is a clown? if so, insane clown posse?

i know, STUPID!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • has anyone said "the doors"? there are some doors beside manic street preachers...
  • BNG wrote:
    hi!
    I also found Cypress Hill, pink fairies (couldn't be pixies, could it?) and Blondie (the chick with the bubble gum).

cypress hill!! that was driving me crazy, thanks!