Options

The Black Crowes

Lukin1967Lukin1967 Posts: 24
edited December 2005 in Other Music
Anyone into the Black Crowes? They're definitely my second favorite band after PJ, or course... Saw them twice on their current tour (once at the Borgata, no such luck getting PJ tix) and they were spectacular. They mix their setlists every night (like PJ). Loved 'em since '90. They've got an incredible sound that has evolved over time (like PJ) so I never get bored with them.
May '03 State College, PA
July '03 Hershey, PA
June '06 Pittsburgh, PA

All the rusted signs we ignore throughout our lives, choosing the shiny ones instead...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I'm a pretty avid fan too, they are a great live band and have a solid catalog. I was a little dissapointed in the last album (Lions) and the recent time I saw them at the Orpheum in Boston. We had bad seats, that's probably why the sound wasn't that great. I also thought they jammed too much. I'm hoping the next album will be a better effort.
    "This guy back here is giving me the ole one more....one more back to you buddy."

- Mr. Edward Vedder 7/11/03

• Options
    ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW IS "HARD TO HANDLE" KICKS MAJOR ASS!

Definitly a great band! HTH is their best song IMO
    there'll be time for laughin'
    there's no time to cry
    soon i will be leavin'
    look me in the eye
    no matter what's in front of me
    it's your face that i'll see
  • Options
    I love the Crowes. Had their greatest hits, til I found their boxed set(Sho' Nuff) for 25 bucks. It has their first 4 albums, with bonus tracks, and a live disc. I have worn out all of those discs, and By Your Side and Lions, as well. They kick major ass. I have been diggin the live double album lately. And on their latest tour, from what I have heard, of the jam, I have enjoyed immensely. I am glad they went that direction. Now maybe they will get more recognition, bein that they are lumped in with the jam band scene, now more than ever.
  • Options
    Was lucky enough to see them open for Tom Petty last summer...great concert!!
    If I could be anything in the world I would be your teardrop...I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.
  • Options
    i hope i get a chance to see them live
    dream like your living forever
    live like your dying today
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    well, going to see them live for first time - march 17th 2006!
  • Options
    Lukin1967 wrote:
    Anyone into the Black Crowes? They're definitely my second favorite band after PJ, or course... Saw them twice on their current tour (once at the Borgata, no such luck getting PJ tix) and they were spectacular. They mix their setlists every night (like PJ). Loved 'em since '90. They've got an incredible sound that has evolved over time (like PJ) so I never get bored with them.

ohhhhhhh brothers, where were thou?
    hi everybody, i'm new to this place.
    any tips on downloading TBC boots?
    ThisIsNotAnExit
  • Options
    I BrisK I wrote:
    well, going to see them live for first time - march 17th 2006!

great! i heard S.Gorman left the band
    ThisIsNotAnExit
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    great! i heard S.Gorman left the band

dont know about that , i havent heard he left
  • Options
    LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    The first three albums are incredible and among the best album streaks of any band. Unfortunately, I think they took a nosedive seriously with 3 Snakes.. and they're still recovering. I really liked their live disc with Jimmy Page as well.
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 3,996
    imspinnin wrote:
    Was lucky enough to see them open for Tom Petty last summer...great concert!!

damn!
    I sooooooooooooooooo wanted to go to that show!!!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,323
    hit or miss live band (i've seen them 3 times, they sucked the first time, were ok the 2nd time and were awesomeness the 3rd time) but all their albums are solid, i think.
  • Options
    dustinparduedustinpardue Las Vegas, NV Posts: 1,829
    Love the Crowes. I saw them at Red Rocks this fall, slept a few hours then got on a plane to Seattle to see PJ at the Gorge. Met their drummer. He was on the same plane.
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • Options
    dustinparduedustinpardue Las Vegas, NV Posts: 1,829
    Oh, Jimmy wrote:
    I love the Crowes. Had their greatest hits, til I found their boxed set(Sho' Nuff) for 25 bucks. It has their first 4 albums, with bonus tracks, and a live disc. I have worn out all of those discs, and By Your Side and Lions, as well. They kick major ass. I have been diggin the live double album lately. And on their latest tour, from what I have heard, of the jam, I have enjoyed immensely. I am glad they went that direction. Now maybe they will get more recognition, bein that they are lumped in with the jam band scene, now more than ever.

That live EP in the box set is fucking awesome.
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • Options
    enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,926
    ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW IS "HARD TO HANDLE" KICKS MAJOR ASS!

Definitly a great band! HTH is their best song IMO

A shame it's not their song. Ever hear of Otis Redding? I love the Crowes, but they can't touch Otis' version, and I am sure that Chris Robinson would agree.