Queensryche: OM 2 News

bockenheimerbockenheimer Posts: 8
edited December 2005 in Other Music
Well, for all those people that still hold a thread of hope for Queensryche, they have released the Operation Mindcrime II album cover, release date, and other info on their website. They also announced that Dio is the guest singer for Dr. X, which is pretty cool.

This better be a good album because they have been recording it for awhile now. Q2k was terrible, and it sounded like they recorded the Tribe album with an 8-track recorder in half a day.
So shines a good deed in a weary world.......
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i heard they were recording part of the album in palo alto, ca... kinda strange choice of cities.
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    I have high hopes for this release. I'm a big QR fan, but agree that Q2K and to a lesser extend for me Tribe were not great albums. But they've spent a lot of time on this one, and just finished up the recording. It is being mixed and will hopefully totally done in about 2 days. It is being released on March 14th.

Here's the coverart:
    http://www.queensryche.com/news/2005/om2-cover-art.jpg
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • like the cover art, keeping it in line with the original. thanks for posting that and for the news. i'm looking forward to it. operation mindcrime was a great concept album. hope this is a good sequel...
  • transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    Agree with everyone here. Only 1 CD I put on a higher pedestal than Mindcrime. Awesome Dio is Dr. X. I wonder if we would ever get a 'super' show where they play both Mindcrimes back to back. If Mindcrime II sucked balls, it would still be a hell of a show.

I'll be there the day it comes out, headphones ready to go.
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    transplant wrote:
    Agree with everyone here. Only 1 CD I put on a higher pedestal than Mindcrime. Awesome Dio is Dr. X. I wonder if we would ever get a 'super' show where they play both Mindcrimes back to back. If Mindcrime II sucked balls, it would still be a hell of a show.

I'll be there the day it comes out, headphones ready to go.

That's the rumor I've heard for their 2006 tour - back to back Operation:Mindcrime and Operation:MindcrimeII show. They toured last year and part of this year doing Mindcrime in its entirety with a couple of actors on stage, and it was quite a production. This should be even bigger.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • jeffbr wrote:
    That's the rumor I've heard for their 2006 tour - back to back Operation:Mindcrime and Operation:MindcrimeII show. They toured last year and part of this year doing Mindcrime in its entirety with a couple of actors on stage, and it was quite a production. This should be even bigger.

Yeah, I got a chance to see them in Minneapolis this past September when they played the Operation: Mindcrime in its entirety. It was pretty interesting.
  • Ugh, one of the most hideous album covers I've ever seen. It might be in line with their original but it's still horrible.
    Pearl Jam Album Rankings
    ---
    1. Ten
    2. Vs.
    3. Pearl Jam
    4. Binaural
    5. No Code
    6. Riot Act
    7. Yield
    8. Vitalogy

Pearl Jam Song Rankings
    ---
    1. Black
    2. Rearviewmirror
    3. Light Years
    4. Given to Fly
    5. Severed Hand
  • transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    jeffbr wrote:
    I saw the 1991 tour when they first did it in its entirety and I remember they did the actors on stage thing for some of the Promised Land tracks in '95. No question it will be a production and should be great.

It should be fun when II comes out. There seems to be quite a few on here who are looking forward to this. It will get quite the analysis I'd think.
  • This is going to be friggin horrible.
    Should have let it go after Empire.
    I've done the math enough to know the dangers of our second guessing.

EF-PSYCHO-03!!!