edited December 2005 in Other Music
Like 'em, don't like 'em??????
Have a say......

Me personally, absolutely brilliant!
Wave came crashing...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• swedeswede Posts: 558
    they are one band i want to get something of but dont have the finances - heard awesome things but never really heard em...
  • BaystoneBaystone Posts: 111
    I've seen them a couple of times now and i'm still undecided, although i haven't actually purchased the album yet. I do like the songs on the EP though. I'm looking forward to seeing them again in a few weeks at the falls festival as they are sure to get the crowd going.
    I only lied because it was the easiest way to get what I wanted.
  • leethalleethal Posts: 134
    awesome album. awesome band live
  • Wolfmother are just totally excellent! Best new Aussie act from this year by far.

Be sure to catch them live on ABC just before they guest program Rage this saturday!!!
    Like a cloud dropping rain, I'm discarding allllll thought.
  • UNDONE*21 wrote:
    Wolfmother are just totally excellent! Best new Aussie act from this year by far.

Be sure to catch them live on ABC just before they guest program Rage this saturday!!!

cool!! i had no idea about that!! thanks for the heads up!

i hope 2 c em at the BDO this yr... they look like a classic live band!! cant wait!!!!
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour: Member No.5-+--+
    ~~~~~http://www.myspace.com/breakerfallpj~~~~~

YieldInHiding: "RED DOT is an intermission...not "filler." I hate that word. Filler is what's in a Twinkie."
  • U-RU-R Posts: 223
    wolfmother seem to me to be the jet saga all over again. and i can't stand either of them
    if you love somebody, set them free. if somebody loves you, don't fuck up
  • U-R wrote:
    wolfmother seem to me to be the jet saga all over again. and i can't stand either of them

Wolfmother is nothing like Jet.
    Wave came crashing...
  • U-RU-R Posts: 223
    Wolfmother is nothing like Jet.

i don't mean musically i mean the way they've suddenly emerged from nowhere and everybody loves them. it'll be interesting to see of they get forgoten about like jet seem to (hopefuly) have.
    if you love somebody, set them free. if somebody loves you, don't fuck up
  • U-R wrote:
    i don't mean musically i mean the way they've suddenly emerged from nowhere and everybody loves them. it'll be interesting to see of they get forgoten about like jet seem to (hopefuly) have.

Yeah I fucking can't stand Jet either but Wolfmother is insane!!!!
    Wave came crashing...
  • ramspamramspam Posts: 130
    They were so awesome on rage last night!! I've got it all on tape too including the songs they programmed. Hopefully i get to go to the BDO and see 'em
    Only fools have signatures...

+--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour:Member #20-+--+
  • Like 'em, don't like 'em??????
    Have a say......

Me personally, absolutely brilliant!

My opinion of Wolfmother...

They have real potential.

So far I like their sound far better than Jet. They are quality.

I have only heard Minds eye and I really like it.

The singers vocals are high pitched but no where near as annoying as the lead singer from Jet.

Thumbs up.
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour:Member #9-+--+
  • My opinion of Wolfmother...

They have real potential.

So far I like their sound far better than Jet. They are quality.

I have only heard Minds eye and I really like it.

The singers vocals are high pitched but no where near as annoying as the lead singer from Jet.

Thumbs up.

Yeah I reckon his vocals are quite unique...if not slightly annoying, but still really cool.
    Wave came crashing...
  • ramspam wrote:
    They were so awesome on rage last night!! I've got it all on tape too including the songs they programmed. Hopefully i get to go to the BDO and see 'em

I fucking missed it cos I had a big night out on the juice and I couldn't tape it cos I don't know how to set the timer on the tape recorder. ARGHHH!!!
    Wave came crashing...
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    i've seen wolfmother a number of times now and they are one of very few bands i will put the effort into seeing everytime they are in town. though it does help when they are from your town.
    the album it great. though i was surprised when it won the J award. but hey how can you complain when all the contenders are australian.

no matter how many times i hear apple tree i always think it's the white stripes.
    i think i like white unicorn and witchcraft best.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • i've seen wolfmother a number of times now and they are one of very few bands i will put the effort into seeing everytime they are in town. though it does help when they are from your town.
    the album it great. though i was surprised when it won the J award. but hey how can you complain when all the contenders are australian.

no matter how many times i hear apple tree i always think it's the white stripes.
    i think i like white unicorn and witchcraft best.

Yeah I'm the same with Apple Tree. I played it the other day to my younger bro and he thought it was the stripes as well. The vocals are almost identical.
    Wave came crashing...
  • I like the song on their website and would like to get the album. Unfortunately it's pretty expensive on their site and really even at amazon.com. Is the CD planned for release here in the US anytime soon?
    Pearl Jam Album Rankings
    ---
    1. Ten
    2. Vs.
    3. Pearl Jam
    4. Binaural
    5. No Code
    6. Riot Act
    7. Yield
    8. Vitalogy

Pearl Jam Song Rankings
    ---
    1. Black
    2. Rearviewmirror
    3. Light Years
    4. Given to Fly
    5. Severed Hand
  • The song on the website is called 'Mind's Eye.'
    I'm not sure if the album will be released in the US soon. I'd say it won't take long.
    Wave came crashing...