Options

String of Shinedown acoustic videos

pj_zombiepj_zombie Posts: 272
edited December 2005 in Other Music
This is only for those Shinedown fans here lurking around. I'd rather you haters stay outside of this topic as you've made your voices known and will more than likely have nothing productive or positive to say here. The first link is a cover of U2's 'One' from what I understand. The second is a link so you can either watch their other videos one by one (Save Me, Fly From the Inside, I Dare You, 45) or all at once. There's also a Behind the Scenes video and Interview on video.

http://content.clearchannel.com/jdunn/shinedown/play_one.asx
http://www.kdge.com/cc-common/stripped/shinedown/

I've never heard the original version of One before so this was new to me and it sounded great. Brent sounds amazing even without all that studio equipment(which was the purpose of this). I've made it known I consider Us And Them the best album of the year and Shinedown have quickly worked their way up to my second favorite band behind only Pearl Jam with it's release.

Edit: Watched the interview, the first half I already knew since I'm a big Shinedown fan but around the 6 minute mark they talk about One and U2 as well as how they came about the song and they only played it 3 times in the studio to learn it before that one. One of the reasons I love this band so much is they're one of the few new bands that are really passionate about music and you can feel it through your headphones or speakers.
Pearl Jam Album Rankings
---
1. Ten
2. Vs.
3. Pearl Jam
4. Binaural
5. No Code
6. Riot Act
7. Yield
8. Vitalogy

Pearl Jam Song Rankings
---
1. Black
2. Rearviewmirror
3. Light Years
4. Given to Fly
5. Severed Hand
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    A bump for people who might've missed this.
    Pearl Jam Album Rankings
    ---
    1. Ten
    2. Vs.
    3. Pearl Jam
    4. Binaural
    5. No Code
    6. Riot Act
    7. Yield
    8. Vitalogy

Pearl Jam Song Rankings
    ---
    1. Black
    2. Rearviewmirror
    3. Light Years
    4. Given to Fly
    5. Severed Hand
  • Options
    cool - i like shinedown okay - this interview is cool - and, any cover of One is always cool...
    pj_zombie wrote:
    This is only for those Shinedown fans here lurking around. I'd rather you haters stay outside of this topic as you've made your voices known and will more than likely have nothing productive or positive to say here. The first link is a cover of U2's 'One' from what I understand. The second is a link so you can either watch their other videos one by one (Save Me, Fly From the Inside, I Dare You, 45) or all at once. There's also a Behind the Scenes video and Interview on video.

http://content.clearchannel.com/jdunn/shinedown/play_one.asx
    http://www.kdge.com/cc-common/stripped/shinedown/

I've never heard the original version of One before so this was new to me and it sounded great. Brent sounds amazing even without all that studio equipment(which was the purpose of this). I've made it known I consider Us And Them the best album of the year and Shinedown have quickly worked their way up to my second favorite band behind only Pearl Jam with it's release.

Edit: Watched the interview, the first half I already knew since I'm a big Shinedown fan but around the 6 minute mark they talk about One and U2 as well as how they came about the song and they only played it 3 times in the studio to learn it before that one. One of the reasons I love this band so much is they're one of the few new bands that are really passionate about music and you can feel it through your headphones or speakers.
    I'll dig a tunnel
    from my window to yours
  • Options
    cool - i like shinedown okay - this interview is cool - and, any cover of One is always cool...

If you like that stuff you may want to consider picking up their albums(Us and Them is the best) if you haven't already.
    Pearl Jam Album Rankings
    ---
    1. Ten
    2. Vs.
    3. Pearl Jam
    4. Binaural
    5. No Code
    6. Riot Act
    7. Yield
    8. Vitalogy

Pearl Jam Song Rankings
    ---
    1. Black
    2. Rearviewmirror
    3. Light Years
    4. Given to Fly
    5. Severed Hand
  • Options
    pj_zombie wrote:
    If you like that stuff you may want to consider picking up their albums(Us and Them is the best) if you haven't already.

come on, now - you know (wait, you don't know) that i have it...i just devour music!
    I'll dig a tunnel
    from my window to yours
  • Options
    not to mention - this site has some great stuff on it!
    I'll dig a tunnel
    from my window to yours