Options

A young band ... impressions, please.

blacknapkinsblacknapkins Posts: 2,176
edited December 2005 in Other Music
This band is made up of kids from my neighborhood and someone sent me the link to their MySpace. I've been listening to them and am surprised at how good they are. I'd like a few PJ fans to hear them and post what their impressions are ... just curious, I guess.

Still Motion
http://www.myspace.com/stillmotion1
"Information is not knowledge.
Knowledge is not wisdom.
Wisdom is not truth.
Truth is not beauty.
Beauty is not love.
Love is not music.
Music is the best."
~ FZ ~
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    Ok, downloaded Freight Train.

drummer is pretty impressive, the music in general is pretty good. someone needs to light a fire underneath the singer though. his voice is OK but absolutely zero passion. he needs to get pissed off a little more, put something more into it.

but for being 'kids', hell, not bad.
  • Options
    transplant wrote:
    Ok, downloaded Freight Train.

drummer is pretty impressive, the music in general is pretty good. someone needs to light a fire underneath the singer though. his voice is OK but absolutely zero passion. he needs to get pissed off a little more, put something more into it.

but for being 'kids', hell, not bad.

I pretty much feel the same way. The singer seems to be a little too passive. I imagine if he really got into it he could make the songs come alive. I, too, am impressed at their age and the sound of the band. The guitar sounded great in Starting To Learn. If the vocalist can put more heart into it I could see this band getting signed and being relatively successful. Thanks for sharing.
    Pearl Jam Album Rankings
    ---
    1. Ten
    2. Vs.
    3. Pearl Jam
    4. Binaural
    5. No Code
    6. Riot Act
    7. Yield
    8. Vitalogy

Pearl Jam Song Rankings
    ---
    1. Black
    2. Rearviewmirror
    3. Light Years
    4. Given to Fly
    5. Severed Hand
  • Options
    Thanks for responding. I know these guys to see them, but not personally. There are so many bands in the basements around here, it's nice to know that at least one of them has potential.
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~