Holy fuckballs!!!!!!!!!!! Pink Floyd reunion related

Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
edited November 2005 in Other Music
Roger Waters has stated that he would be completely open to a Floyd reunion. He loved playing at Live8 and as soon as he gets done with Ca Ira he wants to reunite with his old mates. If they reunited, it would be the biggest news in the history of music.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• barcoachbarcoach Posts: 413
    Maybe is David who doesn't want it...
    I really wouldn't like that to happen, their performance in Live8 in my opinion was far from the level of their best years together...
    Stone: Thanks for the pick and the night of complicity, you rock!
    -The crazy guy with the Ramones t-shirt.
    Mexico C. 12/10/05.

"There is a rose that I want to live for
    although, God knows, I may not have met her"
    -J. Strummer

"And you'll never know just how dark this screen could be"
  • They only rehearsed for a few days and I am sure they got limited rehearsal on the stage. I am sure they would sound quite a bit better if they go together for a tour or maybe even new material. Both Roger and David have expressed the fact that they didnt want to reunite over the last 20 years, but now that Roger has come around maybe the rest of the guys can forgive him for his tyrannical behavior in the past. Oh yeah, here is the link.

http://ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/pink_floyd_to_reunite.html
  • Shit man that would be amazing!!! live8 they had no time to rehearse so it probably was a bit ropey. but give 'em some time in the studio together and imagine the possibilities!!!

oohhhh,almost as exciting as the new pj album!!!
    When I was born, the doctor came out to the waiting room and said to my father, I'm very sorry. We did everything we could. But he pulled through......
  • oh my God.

this would be some of the biggest news in music history.

and this is way more exciting than even a pearl jam album... fuck.. its more exciting than the fact that Radiohead, Pj, and the Chili's have albums coming out around the same time..

way more.

AgH.

WOW. :D

you just made my day... and i was already having a good day.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • The greatest concert I have ever been to was PF on the division bell tour.
    PJ is a close 1st also but I stand by my decision
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • i just got chills...that would be so so so awesome!
    dream like your living forever
    live like your dying today
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Oh Hell yes, a Pink Floyd reunion would be Sweet. Although, I have my doubts now, cause even though Roger has expressed his willingness to tour (and it seems he REALLY wants too) Gilmore continues to be negative towards the whole thing, at least in the last two news posts I've seen. I really wish they would just reconsile and put the past away and do the tour. The only hard part for me would be obtaining/affording a ticket cause if this tour ever does go down, it is going to sell out so damn fast.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    I just don't understand with the amount of money you'd get that you wouldn't tour. I guess if they wanted to tour more than a couple times they'd probably have to make some albums (and fight again and then break up again), but for something like a reunion tour, that you can't settle your differences for some decent cash and a good time playing some music, seems strange to me. Granted money isn't everything, but it's not evil either. What do they have better to do anyway?
  • viggs20viggs20 Posts: 1,296
    For years I hoped for a Pink Floyd reunion and for the Roger Waters - David Gilmour feud to end and when it did actually happen at Live8, I was almost in tears. If they do decide to tour it will be awesome but I'm perfectly content with Live8 being their last performance together because that moment was almost too good to be true.
    "Reality continues to ruin my life." - Calvin & Hobbes.

www.stopglobalaids.com www.indymedia.org www.ecologyfund.com www.thehungersite.com www.amnesty.org www.pratham.org www.icbl.org www.care2.com/click2donate
  • El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    it would be so fucking awesome to see them if they reunited! altho, tickets would probably be insane. i just watched the kqed performance the other day
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • 2 of my goals in life are to see pearl jam and pink floyd in concert... i never thought the latter would ever happen! if it does i will be the happiest guy alive...seeing them at live8 almost made me cry, i can only imagine what the real deal would be like!
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour: Member No.5-+--+
    ~~~~~http://www.myspace.com/breakerfallpj~~~~~

YieldInHiding: "RED DOT is an intermission...not "filler." I hate that word. Filler is what's in a Twinkie."
  • Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    I want to believe, i would usually have doubts on this subject but hearing them at live 8 they sounded fantastic
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • swedeswede Posts: 558
    The greatest concert I have ever been to was PF on the division bell tour.
    PJ is a close 1st also but I stand by my decision

cree u rule - jealous bout u seeing the floyd
  • viggs20 wrote:
    For years I hoped for a Pink Floyd reunion and for the Roger Waters - David Gilmour feud to end and when it did actually happen at Live8, I was almost in tears. If they do decide to tour it will be awesome but I'm perfectly content with Live8 being their last performance together because that moment was almost too good to be true.
    that's what i think.

its a beautiful ending to the Pink Floyd saga.

but now that there seems to be a chance... and actually a good chance since Roger is in.. i'm all for a reunion tour and hopefully more albums :)

"Make our day"
  • pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426
    I too would love to see this happen, but am very doubtful. From what I've read, David Gilmore is firmly against a reunion tour. Waters looked real happy at the Live 8 performance and was really into it. But Gilmore doesn't seem to be for it. Here's to hoping I'm wrong.
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05
  • they'd only do it for another big benefit, not a tour and Gilmour would be hard pressed at that unless Roger chats to him id say. i think Gilmour may be hidding the fact of another reunion why wouldnt he want to, he's very good at that cos he's so stubborn.
  • They seem quite pally at the moment. On the british hall of fame they semed to be still a bit rigid with each other but its probably because its been so long.
    When I was born, the doctor came out to the waiting room and said to my father, I'm very sorry. We did everything we could. But he pulled through......
  • Oh, Jimmy wrote:
    If they reunited, it would be the biggest news in the history of music.

Nah, they're more over rated than the beatles.. well maybe not quite but they suck anyways.
    Benjamin, TouringVan 05/06

"Who is driving? Oh my god Bear is driving, how can that be?! ...Car full of midgets!"

Photobucket: MagicBus2006
  • Nah, they're more over rated than the beatles.. well maybe not quite but they suck anyways.

they suck enough for you to read and post on this thread?! you must be really bored!!
    is there nothing productive you could have done??!!!:)
  • Nah, they're more over rated than the beatles.. well maybe not quite but they suck anyways.

Just b/c you don't like them doesnt mean it wont be the biggest news in the history of music. When they reformed for Live8, that was probably the biggest news in music since Kurt offed himself.
  • viggs20viggs20 Posts: 1,296
    They seem quite pally at the moment. On the british hall of fame they semed to be still a bit rigid with each other but its probably because its been so long.
    Yeah I saw that last night...there was this awkwardness which I guess is understandble after not talking for so many years. But Roger seems to have mellowed down a lot more than Dave who still seems a bit stand-offish.
    "Reality continues to ruin my life." - Calvin & Hobbes.

www.stopglobalaids.com www.indymedia.org www.ecologyfund.com www.thehungersite.com www.amnesty.org www.pratham.org www.icbl.org www.care2.com/click2donate
  • laudenumlaudenum Posts: 405
    saw pink floyd in vancouver in late 80's ? hard to remember.
    one of the most amazing things ive seen. wouldnt have made a difference at all if waters was there.
    gilmore IS pink floyd.
    "shes stoned said the swede, and the
    mooncalf agreed" THe BANd
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    It would be awesome, but I can't see Dave doing it to be honest. He doesn't need the money.
  • laudenum wrote:
    saw pink floyd in vancouver in late 80's ? hard to remember.
    one of the most amazing things ive seen. wouldnt have made a difference at all if waters was there.
    gilmore IS pink floyd.
    you've got to be kidding.

WATERS is pink floyd.

Gilmour is the Lt. Striker to his Captain Picard.

the man wrote pretty much everything until he quit the band.

"Make our day"
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,204
    Aw man, stay away from the Gilmour vs. Waters debate. It's pointless. This is clearly a band where the whole was much greater than the sum of the parts.

As for the topic, I don't rule it out, but it won't happen in the very near future- Gilmour's solo album is out early next year and there are already tour dates in the works- one in Hamburg and two in Paris. Source, which is reputable and has connections with the band and management: http://www.brain-damage.co.uk/news/0511234.html
  • vedderwoodvedderwood Posts: 2,029
    I just wanted to say that "Holy fuckballs" has to be the funniest thing I have ever heard in my life!!!!!! F---ing priceless!!!! :D
    DC 6/14/98
    NJ 8/28 & 8/29/98
    NJ 9/1 & 9/2/00
    PA 4/28/03
    NJ 7/5 & 7/6/03
    NY 7/8/03
    PA 7/12/03
    PA 10/1/04
    DC 10/11/04
    NJ 9/30 & 10/1/05
    PA 10/3/05
    NJ 5/27 & 5/28/06
    DC 5/30/06
    NJ 6/1 & 6/3/06
    WA 7/22 & 7/23/06
    IL 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19 & 6/20/08
    DC 6/22/08
    NY 6/24 & 6/25/08
    NY 7/1/08
    PA 10/27, 10/28, 10/30 & 10/31/09
  • laudenumlaudenum Posts: 405
    AndySlash wrote:
    Aw man, stay away from the Gilmour vs. Waters debate. It's pointless. This is clearly a band where the whole was much greater than the sum of the parts.

As for the topic, I don't rule it out, but it won't happen in the very near future- Gilmour's solo album is out early next year and there are already tour dates in the works- one in Hamburg and two in Paris. Source, which is reputable and has connections with the band and management: http://www.brain-damage.co.uk/news/0511234.html

i was speaking stricly from an instrument perspective. no one can pick up gilmores guitar playing and voice at a live show. a bassplayer though?
    not too difficult perhaps.
    "shes stoned said the swede, and the
    mooncalf agreed" THe BANd
  • Waters was the "thoughts" side of the band... here's my opinion.

Gilmour was of course a great musicien, even a god !
    -"it's times like these you have to ask yourself, "what would mike mccready do"
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,547
    vedderwood wrote:
    I just wanted to say that "Holy fuckballs" has to be the funniest thing I have ever heard in my life!!!!!! F---ing priceless!!!! :D

I think "Holy fuckballs" goes back to the previous message boards. It was much funnier then, but you're right in that it's still good for a laugh.

As for Pink Floyd, meh. Good if they reunite; better if they don't. They'll make lots of money if they decide to get it on, though.
    Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020